collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: atmosphere at the ground  (Read 7379 times)

Offline trevor fisher

atmosphere at the ground
« on: January 18, 2016, 07:20:14 PM »
The mail has said that the crowd have turned to supporting the team, and this seems to be true. Its essential to be positive and back the players we have. We now know the problems, and they won't be solved this transfer window. No one comes to a poorly performing side dropping like a stone - perhaps a couple of loan signings.

But this can be altered by positive support from the crowd, which can boost players who have often shown too little effort and poor morale, Confidence is low. Back them and it can get that monkey off their back.

It starts against Wycombe tomorrow night. The lads have to have 110% support all the way through and even if it is tough early on - and it was against Notts County - keep behind them. They are all we have. The win is essential but not guaranteed, the opposition will be up for it. Start and continue being positive and carry it on. Villa Park needs to rock.

Trevor Fisher.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
Re: atmosphere at the ground
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 07:36:28 PM »
If they give everything they have then they will always be backed, no matter how poor they might be technically.

It's a pity this level of effort in the last two games wasn't shown more often this season.

I'd change the side and keep players fresh for the Bitters - let's see how committed the "second string" are.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 07:45:28 PM »
Yeah I'd play a second string as well. To be honest I'm not bothered about the Cup this season. Save our better players for the Albion game.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 07:48:30 PM »
Give the fans something to back like against West Ham, Palace and Leicester (second half) and we will.

What I will say though is our fans rarely lift the players, it's always waiting for the team to do it. The team were poor first half Saturday and the crowd was very quiet. Understandable though I suppose when you consider our home record and league position.

Look at Leicester last season though, their fans got their ground rocking and inspired their team when they were bottom of the league.

Offline Glenn Peen

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 08:33:04 PM »
I think we need a new club song. Probably something to the tune of 'Allo 'Allo or The Krypton Factor. Anyone got any ideas for words?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 08:34:06 PM »
I think we need a new club song. Probably something to the tune of 'Allo 'Allo or The Krypton Factor. Anyone got any ideas for words?

Grow up or go away permanently.

Offline Glenn Peen

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 08:37:21 PM »

Like it, Dave - not sure it scans that well but could become the new anthem. A bit negative, perhaps, but we've all felt frustrated this season.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 08:48:22 PM »

Like it, Dave - not sure it scans that well but could become the new anthem. A bit negative, perhaps, but we've all felt frustrated this season.
Glenn are you another lost blue nose drawn naturally to all things Aston Villa like a moth to a flame?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:13:08 PM by The Edge »

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 08:59:18 PM »
It wasn't until the ref started giving some strange decisions that the crowd got going. Had been very quiet up until that point.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 09:11:21 PM »
It wasn't until the ref started giving some strange decisions that the crowd got going. Had been very quiet up until that point.
Yeah your right. Noisy at the kick off then fizzled out until the ref started being an attention seeker. The linesman on the Trinity Rd side was worse. Couldn't wait to get involved all game. Spotted Cissokhos debatable hand ball at 100 mph but missed Huth blatantly whacking Kozak in the face right in front of him. I was at the back of the Trinity in line with that and saw exactly what happened and was proved right when I watched MOTD. Either I've got eyesight like the bionic man or he chose to ignore what he clearly saw. That certainly got me yelling and the Holte got much louder. Like all fans we need something to get the crowd going. We must try harder to raise some noise imo.

Online FatSam

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 09:27:42 PM »
Glenn are you another lost blue nose drawn naturally to all things Aston Villa like a moth to a flame?
Maybe a few kangaroos short in the top paddock, but a well-valued contributor, and definitely not a blue nose. IMO this place often benefits from some absurdist humour to take 'the edge' off things.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 09:32:24 PM »
Yeah your right. Noisy at the kick off then fizzled out until the ref started being an attention seeker. The linesman on the Trinity Rd side was worse. Couldn't wait to get involved all game. Spotted Cissokhos debatable hand ball at 100 mph but missed Huth blatantly whacking Kozak in the face right in front of him. I was at the back of the Trinity in line with that and saw exactly what happened and was proved right when I watched MOTD. Either I've got eyesight like the bionic man or he chose to ignore what he clearly saw. That certainly got me yelling and the Holte got much louder. Like all fans we need something to get the crowd going. We must try harder to raise some noise imo.

The elbow looked even worse from the Holte than it does on tv, which is why everyone was going spare.

The handball I still don't get, he was so close and the ball was moving so fast he couldn't have reacted to block it with his hand if he wanted to.

Also, if Gestede's goal hadn't gone in, would we have got a handball from Morgan? I doubt it.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 09:37:21 PM »
One very noticeable thing is there are very few player chants these days, probably because they're not very good! Ayew is probably our best player and 'Boom Boom Boom let me hear ya say Ayew, Ayew!' is an easy one.

Holte Enders In The Sky gets sung far too often. Whatever happened to the good old "Villa *clap* Villa *clap*"? Or "Come on you Lions"?

Offline The Edge

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 09:47:28 PM »
One very noticeable thing is there are very few player chants these days, probably because they're not very good! Ayew is probably our best player and 'Boom Boom Boom let me hear ya say Ayew, Ayew!' is an easy one.

Holte Enders In The Sky gets sung far too often. Whatever happened to the good old "Villa *clap* Villa *clap*"? Or "Come on you Lions"?
yeah I miss "come on you lions" Also I never sing "birmingham are you listening" as it plays straight into the hands of the Blues jibe "your not a proper Birmingham club" I sing my own version which goes "small heath are you listening" etc etc. You never know it might catch on. ;)

Offline The Edge

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 09:50:36 PM »
Maybe a few kangaroos short in the top paddock, but a well-valued contributor, and definitely not a blue nose. IMO this place often benefits from some absurdist humour to take 'the edge' off things.
ha ha I see what you did there. Maybe my blue nose detection system needs fine tuning. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal