collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Talksport tonight (Monday11 Jan)  (Read 16653 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: Talksport tonight (Monday11 Jan)
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2016, 01:35:45 PM »
No heart.  No desire.  No spirit.  Players from France are woeful.  Can't believe fans are still supporting them.

Watching a different game from us in the 2nd half obviously, or they're just on the wind up.

Changing the subject did anyone listen yesterday morning? They had Brian Little and Martin Laursen on. Brian Little did not mention anything about joining the Villa board in any capacity unfortunately.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2016, 02:17:02 PM »
No heart.  No desire.  No spirit.  Players from France are woeful.  Can't believe fans are still supporting them.

Watching a different game from us in the 2nd half obviously, or they're just on the wind up.

Changing the subject did anyone listen yesterday morning? They had Brian Little and Martin Laursen on. Brian Little did not mention anything about joining the Villa board in any capacity unfortunately.

Yeah it's gone quiet on the Little and King board appointment thing. I wonder if it was just made up?

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2016, 03:27:52 PM »
Considering how little people seem to think of them and how angry it appears to make them, it's a little odd that they don't just choose a different radio station to listen to.

True, but it's a station that is basically all about football and it draws football fans in.
I don't listen to any of them anymore. I know how shit Villa are and I'm not gonna listen to some radio station like Talkshit and WM take the piss out of us.

I listen to Collymore but he never lets you get a word in. Hardly a chat show. I suppose Franksy is as bad.

For those who have forgotten about Collymore's ' contribution' to the cause under Little & Gregory, I suggest you read this damning indictment from  JG :
Gregory blasts departing Collymore ( 1999)
John Gregory has warned Stan Collymore his career will be over if he fails to earn a transfer to Fulham during a three-month loan at Craven Cottage which began yesterday.

The Aston Villa manager made it clear he would not play Collymore if he returns and ushered him off, not so much with a wave as a rocket.
"Collymore has got to succeed at Fulham because he has nowhere else to run," Gregory said. "This could be the last opportunity for him and I have told him that. I would not think there was a chance of my taking him back and letting him play for Villa again.
"I suppose in a way he cannot lose because if he falls flat on his face he can come back here knowing he still has 21 months left on his contract."
That contract is worth £20,000 a week and Gregory is desperate to offload the club's record signing, whose seven Premiership goals have cost £1m each since he joined from Liverpool two seasons ago. Of the seven goals he scored in all competitions last season, three came against the Norwegian part-timers Stromsgodset and two were against Hull City.
"He had plenty of opportunity here," Gregory said. "I'm the third or fourth manager he's had in the last four years and we've all ended up pulling our hair out. He returned for pre-season training with the promises I had heard before.
"There were promises made to my predecessor Brian Little, to the Villa board and to the supporters. But they never materialised. If this move to Fulham doesn't happen I suppose he will have to come back here but, as far as I'm concerned, his career will be finished... As a manager you can only do so much for a player; you cannot wet-nurse him"
Full article at http://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/jul/20/newsstory.sport..............Godzvilla!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2016, 04:35:04 PM »

Yeah it's gone quiet on the Little and King board appointment thing. I wonder if it was just made up?

From asking around, it seems to have started because Little was seen talking to Fox at Wycombe and King had been tipped as chairman.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2016, 04:57:33 PM »
Considering how little people seem to think of them and how angry it appears to make them, it's a little odd that they don't just choose a different radio station to listen to.

True, but it's a station that is basically all about football and it draws football fans in.
I don't listen to any of them anymore. I know how shit Villa are and I'm not gonna listen to some radio station like Talkshit and WM take the piss out of us.

I listen to Collymore but he never lets you get a word in. Hardly a chat show. I suppose Franksy is as bad.

For those who have forgotten about Collymore's ' contribution' to the cause under Little & Gregory, I suggest you read this damning indictment from  JG :
Gregory blasts departing Collymore ( 1999)
John Gregory has warned Stan Collymore his career will be over if he fails to earn a transfer to Fulham during a three-month loan at Craven Cottage which began yesterday.

The Aston Villa manager made it clear he would not play Collymore if he returns and ushered him off, not so much with a wave as a rocket.
"Collymore has got to succeed at Fulham because he has nowhere else to run," Gregory said. "This could be the last opportunity for him and I have told him that. I would not think there was a chance of my taking him back and letting him play for Villa again.
"I suppose in a way he cannot lose because if he falls flat on his face he can come back here knowing he still has 21 months left on his contract."
That contract is worth £20,000 a week and Gregory is desperate to offload the club's record signing, whose seven Premiership goals have cost £1m each since he joined from Liverpool two seasons ago. Of the seven goals he scored in all competitions last season, three came against the Norwegian part-timers Stromsgodset and two were against Hull City.
"He had plenty of opportunity here," Gregory said. "I'm the third or fourth manager he's had in the last four years and we've all ended up pulling our hair out. He returned for pre-season training with the promises I had heard before.
"There were promises made to my predecessor Brian Little, to the Villa board and to the supporters. But they never materialised. If this move to Fulham doesn't happen I suppose he will have to come back here but, as far as I'm concerned, his career will be finished... As a manager you can only do so much for a player; you cannot wet-nurse him"
Full article at http://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/jul/20/newsstory.sport..............Godzvilla!

Collymore was suffering from depression during that period, and from what I've read even Gregory regrets the attitude he had towards Collymore at that time, so what you've dug up and posted just isn't relevant.

Online LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2016, 09:21:37 AM »
I remember it very well. Something along the lines of "Depression!? He is on 20 grand a week... etc..etc"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal