collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Talksport tonight (Monday11 Jan)  (Read 16655 times)

Offline Chris Harte

Re: Talksport tonight (Monday11 Jan)
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2016, 09:39:01 PM »
Andy finished off by saying that the team just needs to win 2/3 matches to give fans some hope.
Didn't General K. say pretty much the same thing?

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2016, 09:44:23 PM »
Thanks spangley1812. I thought he was  very good.

Online spangley1812

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2016, 09:47:56 PM »
Thanks spangley1812. I thought he was  very good.

He is normally very good/objective on whatever show he is on........You couldnt really argue with anything anybody said about the current situation really

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2016, 11:46:09 PM »
Sherwood does seem to have mastered MON's talent for leaving a car crash behind and coming up smelling of roses.

Oh for a 6th place car crash

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2016, 12:13:09 AM »
Pat Murphy was on 5 Live earlier. When I listen to him I can never understand why there are so many Villa fans who think he has a problem with us. He strikes me as being fair to the point of being on our (as fans) side.
Five Live also did a Villa piece tonight for 20 minutes. Murphy was there as well as Andy Townsend and a very good journo who's name I can not remember. Spoke to a Villa fan who was at Wycombe and tried to remonstrate with the chewing gummers. They all laid into Lescott and Guzan and insisted that they should apologise to supporters for their totally unprofessional conduct especially  in light of the very very poor team performance. Of course Murphy did his usual precise succinct summing up with basically said  "the new Villa men in charge are trying to be too smart in the way they do things, too left field such as selecting Garde. How did they not realised that McLeish should never have been appointed as Villa Manager for two reasons. He was at Birmingham and had relegated their tribal neighbours and  next he ended  up with Lerner & Co." Andy finished off by saying that the team just needs to win 2/3 matches to give fans some hope.

Rory Smith from the Times was the journalist

Good stuff.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2016, 07:17:57 AM »
A sixth place teetering on the edge of bankruptcy.  Why does Leeds spring to mind?

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2016, 11:57:16 AM »
Sherwood does seem to have mastered MON's talent for leaving a car crash behind and coming up smelling of roses.

Appy Arryesque -

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2016, 12:00:04 PM »
A sixth place teetering on the edge of bankruptcy.  Why does Leeds spring to mind?

We're we teetering on the brink of bankruptcy then?

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2016, 12:03:22 PM »
I'm another who doesn't understand the stick Pat Murphy gets, never felt he has any sort of agenda or dislike of the club, in fact I'd say he's very fond of Aston Villa but has never been a fan of the secretive/illusive/shy/pig ignorant owner.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2016, 12:11:05 PM »
I'm another who doesn't understand the stick Pat Murphy gets, never felt he has any sort of agenda or dislike of the club, in fact I'd say he's very fond of Aston Villa but has never been a fan of the secretive/illusive/shy/pig ignorant owner.

Agreed. Murphy has spoke sense day one. I remember him getting grief from Villa fans as soon as Lerner took over regarding the fact he wouldn't speak to the press. He pointed out that it was alright okay while everything was going well but he pointed out that when things weren't going so well the fans would soon change their tune at Lerner's lack of communication.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2016, 12:14:21 PM »

MON said on BT on Saturday that he was aware of some cynical supporters that blamed the start of Villas demise on his departure. He said he felt he left us in pretty good shape and disagreed with that view.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2016, 12:15:21 PM »

MON said on BT on Saturday that he was aware of some cynical supporters that blamed the start of Villas demise on his departure. He said he felt he left us in pretty good shape and disagreed with that view.

Well we had a wage bill that was over 100% of turnover, so no, he didn't leave us in a good shape at all.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2016, 12:16:38 PM »

Well we had a wage bill that was over 100% of turnover, so no, he didn't leave us in a good shape at all.

Well we've at least sorted that problem!

Offline LTA

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2016, 12:22:01 PM »

He's hardly like to say "yes I buggered up so I ran off and left someone to clear it up" to be fair.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2016, 12:24:04 PM »

No that'll be the £200M that's been written off that's filling that particluar hole.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal