collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa players out on loan and out permanently  (Read 10872 times)

Offline eddiemunster

Re: Villa players out on loan and out permanently
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2016, 05:34:38 PM »
We have more chance of offloading Gabby before the end of this transfer window, than GG coming back between now and the end of the season.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2016, 05:46:35 PM »
Well quite. He has gone for a 6 month loan without a recall option you would presume as he is playing in the cup for them. I was talking about next season though.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2016, 05:54:15 PM »
Well quite. He has gone for a 6 month loan without a recall option you would presume as he is playing in the cup for them. I was talking about next season though.

I don't really understand the rationale applied here reference Gardner. Yet another player paid vast sums of money year after year who has contributed the square root of bugger all. You may as well rant in your local park predicting the end of days as wax lyrical about Gardner's worth to Villa.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2016, 05:59:54 PM »
I was amazed he got that contract extension - as you say, of marginal use, at best. Good luck to him though at Forest.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2016, 11:38:25 PM »
He played very well for Forest last season. So clearly he is not a worthless cause. Indeed he is one if we let go permanently I would bet in 2 years we are bemoaning him playing for a mid table premier league side.

Rumours that Hepburn Murphy is off out on loan as well.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2016, 11:45:19 PM »
Went to Peterborough for their tie with PNE today and Callum Robinson came on as a sub for about the last half hour.

We had watched the Villa game in the pub before heading to the game, and I think Callum Robinson put in the best performance in a yellow shirt I saw today. Fast, skilful, natural ball control, and about 6 really dangerous crosses in the time he was on the pitch.

Sadly, I know he has been inconsistent because he hasn't been a regular for either PNE or Bristol City, but if he could find today's form on a regular basis, he would be well worth having.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2016, 11:57:37 PM »
Went to Peterborough for their tie with PNE today and Callum Robinson came on as a sub for about the last half hour.

We had watched the Villa game in the pub before heading to the game, and I think Callum Robinson put in the best performance in a yellow shirt I saw today. Fast, skilful, natural ball control, and about 6 really dangerous crosses in the time he was on the pitch.

Sadly, I know he has been inconsistent because he hasn't been a regular for either PNE or Bristol City, but if he could find today's form on a regular basis, he would be well worth having.

Thanks for the report, Amfy.

If Remi is on the ball, which I believe he is, and Callum maintains some consistency, he will be back at VP for next season.

Offline peter w

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2016, 12:23:23 AM »
I don't know. I think he really needed to kick on this season. When we're in the championship there's no point keeping him and loan him again next season especially to another Championship team. Unless he bags 10 or so goals between now and the end of the season I think he'll be sold.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2016, 09:59:08 AM »
when a player has come through the academy and has had a few years of coaching, playing and generally having an idea of what the club is about when they get to 21/22 they need to be able to play if required or got rid of.

Offline supertom

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2016, 08:11:04 PM »
Anyone see Barry Bannan's goal for Sheff Wed yesterday? Top class. The lad has talent. Though I must say he's looking decidedly portly these days. Another one who needed to show a bit more gumption. Another what if. He has top flight ability but hasn't always had the attitude.

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2016, 10:40:29 PM »
Text book bullet header own goal by Nathan Baker tonight.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal