collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation and rebuilding  (Read 15049 times)

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Relegation and rebuilding
« on: January 03, 2016, 11:21:28 AM »
We are in a unique situation - a big club, almost certainly relegated before the January transfer window.

Do we have an opportunity to get a lot of business done for next season?
Will we face any different financial restrictions once we drop into the Championship?

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
Re: Relegation and rebuilding
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 11:26:03 AM »
The championship has a more restrictive FFP regime but we will get some leeway as we came down from the Prem.

2015/16 & BEYOND
Championship clubs will be permitted to lose a maximum of £13m under The Football League’s Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules during 2015/16, the final season under the current FFP regulations.  Next season will see the introduction of a new set of ‘Profitability and Sustainability’ regulations that will deliver a consistent approach to Financial Fair Play for those clubs that move between the two divisions through promotion and relegation.Championship clubs voted to change their FPP rules in November 2014 as part of the wide-ranging negotiations with the top-flight about future solidarity arrangements that has contractually linked the finances of The Football League and Premier League for the first time since the formation of the latter in 1992.  The £13m limit for 2015/16 is in line with the losses permitted under the new regulations which will permit a maximum loss of £39m over a rolling 3 season timeframe (compared to an equivalent figure of £105m in the Premier League).  A club that moves between the Premier League and Championship will be assessed in accordance with the permitted loss in the relevant divisions played in during the 3 year period in question.  For example, a club that had played two seasons in the Championship and one in the Premier League would have a maximum permitted loss of £61m, consisting of one season at £35m and two at £13m.

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-ffp-guidance-2632728.aspx#C3RZD0R2UUKpW3KO.99

If we don't go straight back up, it will get more difficult as time goes on.

Offline TheMalandro

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 11:29:27 AM »
So reading between the lines, we can't just spunk a load of money in this window to give us an advantage in the championship (if any player would indeed buy our strategy)

Offline TheMalandro

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 11:31:15 AM »
As much as they didn't fit into our plans. I regret Lowton and Weimann leaving now.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 11:38:34 AM »
It may be worth targeting some of the better Championship players this Jan.  A chance in the PL may appeal to them and if/when the inevitable happens we have them in place and bedded in ready to try and come straight back up.

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 11:40:14 AM »
Any players we buy in January should be capable of playing in the championship that is for sure. While itt doesnt mean we should buy a load of cloggers, we will need those with a bit of fight.

Offline LTA

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 11:40:14 AM »
Of only it was as simple as that.

Relegation will mean the club in the eyes of the national press  will cease to exist.  Out of sight and out of mind.

There will be less income, undoubtedly lower attendances, fewer commercial deals because only want the gravy boat that is the Premier League, and a squad of players who are barely Championship standard.

Some would argue that the club deserves to go bankrupt.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 11:40:40 AM »
As much as they didn't fit into our plans. I regret Lowton and Weimann leaving now.

I liked Weimann, he wasn't good enough but you couldn't fault his effort. He probably needed to move on anyway.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 11:41:51 AM »
The trouble is, we're currently that shit, I don't have any confidence we will come back next season.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 11:46:01 AM »
I'd start by moving out any player that we possibly can and line up replacements so we can start planning for next season before our fellow relegation company know how their fate. It's vital we steal a march on them if we are to stand any chance of getting back up.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 11:50:08 AM »
We are but at the same time we are rock bottom confidence wise.  I genuinely think we 3 or 4 experienced players that will lead by example we will come back easily. Gestede needs confidence. He can score goals with service. Ayew will score if he stays. All about getting those 3-4 leaders through the spine.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 11:51:09 AM »
I think our lowest point is yet to come, our squad in the Championship?

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 11:54:27 AM »
I'd get a manager with a record for scrapping his way out of the Championship. No time for cheap experiments, we need to muscle our way out in the first season before we become as institutionally shit In the 2nd division as we gave been for the last 5 years in the Prem. I'd hate us to be as accepting of the kind of rubbish we have had to endure recently.

Offline myf

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 11:56:22 AM »

I liked Weimann, he wasn't good enough but you couldn't fault his effort. He probably needed to move on anyway.

Is he doing well at derby? Came on as sub yesterday.  £3m was a good deal for us I reckon

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 12:07:50 PM »
I don't think Garde is particularly cheap. And why would getting say Pearson be a certainty of coming up? Failed everywhere but Leicester and even then was saved by an incredible run that will never be emulated.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal