collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by trinityoap
[Today at 09:49:17 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:47:46 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 09:40:54 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: That Randy Lerner Statement in Full...  (Read 9072 times)

Offline Billy Walker

That Randy Lerner Statement in Full...
« on: January 11, 2016, 03:25:37 PM »
Forgive me for starting a new thread on this but I was wondering if Randy's impending statement to the Villa faithful was worthy of a thread of its own - if only to allow people to speculate on its contents and to allow me to vent frustration at the sheer cack-handed way our leader communicates with the lifeblood of the Club.

So it has come to this, the 11th of January 2016 and we are about to read the first words from the Chairman since it became apparent that we, in all likelihood, are to be relegated come season's end.  Not quite ten years into his time with the Club, and only after the current manager has specifically requested he make a statement, the owner of Aston Villa feels the time is now right to give a state of the nation address. 

The horse, of course, has already bolted, so I'm not quite sure what Randy will say in his statement - I hope desperately that he is about to reveal to us all that he has now sold us on to new, super-rich, super-ambitious owners but, knowing Randy that probably won't be the case.  What I don't want to see in his statement are the flimsy, wishy-washy sub sixth-form level ramblings of a bloke who has absolutely no idea of what he is doing.  The time for ambiguity and pulling the wool over Villa fans' eyes has long gone.  I'm looking for clear, honest leadership, Randy.  I'm looking for direction and focus right now.  Give me a statement that makes me think you are in touch with reality and show me you understand the monumental fuck up that has occurred on your watch.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:27:59 PM by Billy Walker »

Offline electric ave

Re: That Randy Lerner Statement in Full...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 03:36:29 PM »
Sock it to him Billy

Offline villabear

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 03:54:19 PM »
Unfortunately Billy I think you'll be disappointed.

Words that won't appear in the statement will be:  culpable, liable, responsible, blameworthy, in the wrong, found wanting, wrong, to blame, answerable etc etc etc.

I'm not expecting much.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 03:54:22 PM »
There's already a thread where this is being discussed

http://www.heroesandvillains.info/forumv3/index.php?topic=54896.2070

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 04:01:38 PM »
There's already a thread where this is being discussed

http://www.heroesandvillains.info/forumv3/index.php?topic=54896.2070

Yep, I was just wondering if the statement was worthy of its own thread.  No problem if mods want to delete this.

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 04:05:25 PM »
I agree with the other poster.  Don't hold your breath. I expect the usual - there is a plan (but no expansion of what the plan is), the team will be OK with some new signings and stay up, abuse of manger and players unacceptable, he will sell when the right buyer comes along but in the meantime he is still having fun and there will be another statement in the future in the unlikley event we are relegated.

Oh and I have another Villa tattoo to show I am still rootin' for the boys.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 04:07:42 PM »
There is no guarantee that a statement is going to be forthcoming anyway.

It sounded more like a challenge from Remi rather than an announcement.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 04:14:16 PM »
Statement just released.

On behalf of Aston Villa Football Club, I would like to offer my sincere condolences to the family and friends of David Bowie following his tragic passing earlier today.  I just wanted to place on record my appreciation for the joy he bought to myself personally, the shunamites with whom I now dwell and his global army of fans.

In keeping with the great values and traditions of this great sports franchise, a minutes applause will be held before tomorrow's game at home to Crystal Pallisades.

In the meantime I would ask all supporters to get behind the players and manager Remi from whom I have had unstinting support as we look to battle to reach 19th place and have a chance of staying in the Premier League.  Up the Villa.

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 04:36:21 PM »
Statement just released.

On behalf of Aston Villa Football Club, I would like to offer my sincere condolences to the family and friends of David Bowie following his tragic passing earlier today.  I just wanted to place on record my appreciation for the joy he bought to myself personally, the shunamites with whom I now dwell and his global army of fans.

In keeping with the great values and traditions of this great sports franchise, a minutes applause will be held before tomorrow's game at home to Crystal Pallisades.

In the meantime I would ask all supporters to get behind the players and manager Remi from whom I have had unstinting support as we look to battle to reach 19th place and have a chance of staying in the Premier League.  Up the Villa.

Very good!

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 06:07:03 PM »
Obviously it's nothing like on the same level as selling to ambitious new owners, but naming this new chairman and the new board member that is apparently going to join Villa would at least be constructive.

And therefore there's no chance that's what we'll get.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 06:24:34 PM »
Is the timescale for the statement the same as the new Chairman's announcement?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 06:54:05 PM »
What statement?

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 06:58:08 PM »
A hypothetical one. Could we at least update the title as it's a tad misleading in its current form?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 07:00:24 PM »
Is the timescale for the statement the same as the new Chairman's announcement?

Probably hear something the day after his morons anonymous meeting with Fox and Almstadt. I'd imagine they'll be sitting round the table putting their minds together scribbling some nonsense on the back of a beer mat whilst being utterly pissed off that Remi has called them out in public so they can't even consider ignoring it.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 07:08:56 PM »
Worst thread title ever, can we lock it until there actually is a statement.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal