collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Something to be proud of in this season  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
Something to be proud of in this season
« on: January 01, 2016, 01:47:09 AM »
I was in a pub in Yorkshire, when some bloke was giving it all about the Villa. I knew he was a gobby, I support, Chelsea,Manure, city, Arsenal or possibly Leicester (next season) fan. He knew I am a villa fan, but kept on going on and on. I knew he was trying to wind me up. Then came the killer blow, not from me, but from an old chap nearby.
 Gobby chap said
"this is the worst team since the war, no before the war. "

Old chap said

" are you sure, where Villa are concerned, pre war means Rouke's drift and post war means the charge of the light brigade"

Gobby chap didn't have an answer.

Old chap was a Huddersfield supporter, he didn't have to pay for any more beer that night.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:28:11 AM by Legion »

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
Re: somthehing to proud of in this season
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 01:53:28 AM »
To be fair, we all want big clubs to get relegated, at least we are still considered a big club by the outsiders

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 02:00:57 AM »
My pride in the club still remains as strong as ever.  Aston Villa means more to me than what is happening on the pitch and nothing will change that.  It is just that the club is currently in the hands of incompetent fools who have ran it poorly over the past few years.  Nothing we as fans that we can do about that.  The club has been in this position before (and worse) and has come back.  They'll all see what kind of a football club Aston Villa is if we do go down next season and still get bigger gates and away followings than all but a few teams in the top flight.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 02:13:34 AM »
My pride in the club still remains as strong as ever.  Aston Villa means more to me than what is happening on the pitch and nothing will change that.  It is just that the club is currently in the hands of incompetent fools who have ran it poorly over the past few years.  Nothing we as fans that we can do about that.  The club has been in this position before (and worse) and has come back.  They'll all see what kind of a football club Aston Villa is if we do go down next season and still get bigger gates and away followings than all but a few teams in the top flight.

VTID

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 05:17:28 AM »
Just had a beer with a man Utd supporting cockney. He was alright to be fair, bought me a pint, but I had to listen to the whinging of them not winning the league this year. I'd still prefer to be us than them, whatever our current plight.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 07:41:54 AM »
At my golf club there are three Villa Aussie supporters, none of them from Brum parentage but somehow claimed Villa as their club .Fortunately for them they are somewhat more detached than me.

Offline Morleys left boot

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 09:48:52 AM »
I was talking to a guy on holiday one year trying to sell me something and was claiming to be a villa fan but he just couldn't remember who scored our goal in the European cup !😂always made me laugh

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 10:08:38 AM »
...claiming to be a villa fan but he just couldn't remember who scored our goal in the European cup !
You met David Cameron on your holiday?

Offline curlytailavfc

• www.friendsofakitas.co.uk
  • GM : 26.02.2019
Re: Something to be proud of in this season
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 10:38:14 AM »
this is me 52nd year goin to villa park seen good times and bad times would love SKY to go bust they screwed the game up

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 11:52:03 AM »
I was talking to a guy on holiday one year trying to sell me something and was claiming to be a villa fan but he just couldn't remember who scored our goal in the European cup !😂always made me laugh

This reminds me of me and Jane, sitting in a pub in Chelsea after the 2010 League Cup Final. A bloke came over and started chatting to us, saying how he had always been a really massive Villa fan, then '.....Anyway.......so what brings you two lovely ladies down to London?'

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 02:04:06 PM »
...claiming to be a villa fan but he just couldn't remember who scored our goal in the European cup !
You met David Cameron on your holiday?

Even he'd know that it was Trevor Brooking.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal