collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The support  (Read 12938 times)

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
Re: The support
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2015, 05:12:14 PM »
According to Sky our adult ST prices range from £335-615. This is pretty much par for the course in the Championship, according to a breakdown of Championship ticket costs half way down this article in the Grauniad. The club won't reduce the cost of a ST just because we drop down a division. In fact it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they try to justify an increase by saying they'll sell fewer ST's, we get more home games and they have more match day costs due to the increase in games.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2015, 05:13:24 PM »
This is something I just don't get

You buy your ticket/season ticket to watch the Villa win lose or draw . Why should the club reimburse people becouse were pretty shit atm.?

Entertainment industry, zero entertainment, extremely poor product, goodwill gesture towards long time loyal customers.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 05:25:20 PM »
Buying a season ticket is always a gamble - I have never expected anything back and have received almost exactly that for the last 5 seasons

Offline luke95

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2015, 05:29:06 PM »

You buy your ticket/season ticket to watch the Villa win lose or draw . Why should the club reimburse people becouse were pretty shit atm.?

Entertainment industry, zero entertainment, extremely poor product, goodwill gesture towards long time loyal customers.
If your not happy with what they're serving up ... Don't go or don't renew !

Offline conman

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2015, 05:29:48 PM »
A few of my mates aren't renewing next year, but using other friends' ST refs to buy away season tickets instead and just enjoy the travels. They may have the right idea.

i am doing that this season , mainly because its hard to get time off work for midweek night matches

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2015, 05:29:58 PM »
Buying a season ticket is always a gamble - I have never expected anything back and have received almost exactly that for the last 5 seasons

Fair enough, there will be a lot that out of loyalty would renew no matter what. There are also people who will look at what they've paid for and think fuck that I might as well set fire to £500. We don't need to offer incentives but I wouldn't be surprised if season tickets are well down again next season.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2015, 05:30:23 PM »

Which will be good for our attendances and fan base wouldn't it?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2015, 05:36:51 PM »
I do love how not reducing prices/giving things away equates to not caring about the support. I shall try that next time I'm in a pub.

Offline luke95

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2015, 05:38:26 PM »

Well as our crowds seem to be holding up pretty well the club could argue that they're obviously giving good value for money.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2015, 07:25:35 PM »
Just think how the much the club are saving in win bonuses this season
Surely they could use some of that to reduce Sth prices
What you reckon guys

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2015, 07:33:40 PM »
I've said all along that our club's support have been incredible throughout our steady decline to where we find ourselves now. 38000+ against West Ham, an unfashionable midtable club, over ninety percent of them Villa.

Stan Collymore suggested season ticket price reductions for our "long-suffering" fans, although I doubt he's actually costed that against the lost of PL television revenue.

One thing about not being in the PL is our ticket money will be more important to the club.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2015, 07:56:17 PM »
Our home crowds will obviously drop when we go down. If we're top of the league then crowds will be higher and we'll get some good crowds towards the end of the season if nearing promotion. No matter the league, everyone would rather be watching a winning team. I'd rather go and watch us beat MK Dons and play decent football, than pay £40 to watch us surrender meekly against Man Utd.

Away from home our support will increase if we're doing well. New grounds to visit, cheaper tickets, big allocations and the novelty factor.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2015, 08:24:14 PM »
ST prices will probably stay the same- more games blar blar.

Don't count on many bargain prices away from home, teams will see us like a stolen credit card.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2015, 08:28:02 PM »
Our home crowds will obviously drop when we go down. If we're top of the league then crowds will be higher and we'll get some good crowds towards the end of the season if nearing promotion. No matter the league, everyone would rather be watching a winning team. I'd rather go and watch us beat MK Dons and play decent football, than pay £40 to watch us surrender meekly against Man Utd.

Away from home our support will increase if we're doing well. New grounds to visit, cheaper tickets, big allocations and the novelty factor.

Absolutely right & a good way of making a positive out of the negatives of these last 5+ years. The support this club still gets is nothing short of fantastic, so let's hope folk will have something that better reflects their loyalty & ambitions in the coming Championship campaign & beyond.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2015, 08:38:17 PM »

I have to say I agree entirely. I've personally always attended more in hope than expectation and the notion of the fans "deserving" better is a fantasy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal