collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: BBC Spoty  (Read 8286 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: BBC Spoty
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 08:46:33 PM »
Eddie Izzard looks more like a woman than Claire Balding
and Gabby!

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 08:49:35 PM »
Well ,Tyson Fury behaved himself impeccabilly. This used to be the sports award ceremony show that was unmissable TV viewing. In its day the whole nation tuned in. Time has moved on as time does.To quote Buddy Holly.. It doesn't matter any more.

Suspect Tyson has had some media advice who have told him to shut it

Offline olaftab

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 08:49:40 PM »
FFS Michael O'Neil and not Martin...after the fact that he has been on TV all day today!

Offline olaftab

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 08:51:49 PM »
Well for SPOTY it has to be Jessica.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 08:52:15 PM »
Having flown all and sundry out to Belfast the BBC obviously decided not to spend any more and have awarded just about everyone of the minor awards to someone from the Province.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 08:55:38 PM »
It's a shoe in for Murray I would've thought.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 09:04:34 PM »
I was hoping Tyson Fury would win, just to stick two fingers up to the BBC but Andy Murray deservedly wins.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2015, 09:06:05 PM »
Eddie Izzard looks more like a woman than Claire Balding
Well at least the winner is more feminine than his own mother.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2015, 09:07:34 PM »
Just turned over to see the results, know it's in Belfast so shouldn't have been surprised, but very disappointed to see Eamonn Holmes grinning away in the audience. Anyway, well done Andy Murray.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2015, 09:46:38 PM »
I can't complain about Andy Murray winning it - his achievement in the Davis Cup this year was incredible.  Not so sure about Kevin Sinfield though - great RL player but this seems like a gesture.  I thought Max Whitlock's achievement probably should have been recognised.

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2015, 09:50:49 PM »
I can't complain about Andy Murray winning it - his achievement in the Davis Cup this year was incredible.  Not so sure about Kevin Sinfield though - great RL player but this seems like a gesture.  I thought Max Whitlock's achievement probably should have been recognised.
I'm guessing the RL community had a big viral "vote for Sinfield" thing going on.

I genuinely don't know If they did but I can imagine the RL community doing something like this.

Online lovejoy

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2015, 09:58:37 PM »
This is confusing, was the Davis Cup efforts rewarded for the team event or individual? It seems to me he's been rewarded twice for the same thing. It's not as if being 3 best and no Grand Slams is really worth rewarding for 2015 against quite a few others who were clearly the best at their sport this year.

Online fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2015, 10:02:50 PM »
I'm guessing the RL community had a big viral "vote for Sinfield" thing going on.

I genuinely don't know If they did but I can imagine the RL community doing something like this.

Yep I guess you are probably correct there but he also captained his team which won all 3 trophies they entered this year.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2015, 10:24:31 PM »
A few things to mention.

Andrew Murray  - great tennis  player, the best British one by a  country mile in my lifetime.  His 2015 apart from the Davis Cup victory not his best.  I quite understand Team GB Tennis being right up there for the team trophy but how do you then pick Murray out for the individual contribution its either one or the other.

Tyson Fury I think would have won Spoty if he had any kind of intelligence.  His mouth lost him the award.  He needs a marketing manager more than a  coach at this stage.

How did the Republic  and England get nominated for team of the year?  The competition has lost its imagination.  I would have thought Leeds  RFL would have been a  candidate especially as the BBC still hold the Rugby League on board.

Mo Farah, Jessica Ennis and Hamilton are old hat.  Hard to find proper reasons as to why they should be trotted out every year.

Whats for sure Spoty needs a revision.  The only way they could go further into decline would be if they got that Kellie Dalglish and the other clown from Channel 5 (the football league show on board).

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2015, 11:34:46 PM »
A few things to mention.

Andrew Murray  - great tennis  player, the best British one by a  country mile in my lifetime.  His 2015 apart from the Davis Cup victory not his best.  I quite understand Team GB Tennis being right up there for the team trophy but how do you then pick Murray out for the individual contribution its either one or the other.

No Grand Slams but I think he actually won more games this year than in any other, it's just unfortunate that he has the phenomenon that is Djokovic on the other side of the net at some point in nearly every tournament.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal