collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: We've got one of the best training facilities in the world...  (Read 7556 times)

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: We got one of the best training facilities in the world...
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 12:38:28 PM »
BMH and the Academy coaching has gone steadily downhill in the last few years.

It may be on the verge of sacrilege, but maybe the time has come for a clean sweep of the academy set up. 

I think there is a great academy there, the problem is developing players from academy level to the first team, which let's be honest the return has been poor now over a number of years.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 12:46:56 PM »

It may be on the verge of sacrilege, but maybe the time has come for a clean sweep of the academy set up. 

I think there is a great academy there, the problem is developing players from academy level to the first team, which let's be honest the return has been poor now over a number of years.
I only watch the first team so this is a genuine question, do we have a playing style philosophy that runs through all levels? I'm guessing not? I think we need a manager and team of coaches who are consistent with what they expect so that as players move through the levels they know what is expected of them. This is hardly likely to happen with regular manager and coach hiring and firing.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 06:28:11 PM »
People saying that albrighton and snake have bulked and got more energy since they left,
Anyone whose goes to a gym will of heard of a legal supplement called creative.,it gives you so much power and energy it's unreal I have tried it a few times and the results are amazing.

First thing Arsenal wenger did when he took over at Arsenal was to put the first team on it and it didn't do Viera and co much harm did it

Get em all on it now remi

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 06:29:22 PM »
Gabby has shares in the company.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 09:49:53 AM »
People saying that albrighton and snake have bulked and got more energy since they left,
Anyone whose goes to a gym will of heard of a legal supplement called creative.,it gives you so much power and energy it's unreal I have tried it a few times and the results are amazing.

First thing Arsenal wenger did when he took over at Arsenal was to put the first team on it and it didn't do Viera and co much harm did it

Get em all on it now remi

creatine

I used it 15 years ago so hardly a new concept, having said that I imagine our training staff look with with wonder every morning at a light bulb whilst whispering that be magic
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:51:29 AM by oswald funkletrumpet »

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2015, 10:28:45 AM »
All the gear but no idea.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 10:48:44 AM »
I do not know what the set up is like or how long people have been around so cannot comment with background knowledge but I would be looking at motivation and whether things have become a bit to cosy.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2015, 11:40:13 AM »
People saying that Albrighton and snake have bulked and got more energy since they left,

Aintgonnascore has already got the bulk; he just needs to leave in order to get more energy.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2015, 01:09:57 PM »

Funnily enough our academy hasn't been the same since BMH got upgraded

grealish apart who has come through our academy in the last 4 seasons?
Quite a few have "come through" but being classed as a success - now thats another matter.

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2015, 01:30:49 PM »

Funnily enough our academy hasn't been the same since BMH got upgraded

grealish apart who has come through our academy in the last 4 seasons?
Quite a few have "come through" but being classed as a success - now thats another matter.

Who?

baker and clark were playing in 2010

Offline Boz

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2015, 01:43:58 PM »
Great facilities but not matched by the quality of staff, lack of a cohesive strategy or a set of objectives to be measured against.

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2015, 01:47:33 PM »
Great facilities but not matched by the quality of staff, lack of a cohesive strategy or a set of objectives to be measured against.

Have to agree with that, after all they couldn't work out that westwoods corners were shit for 3 seasons or tell gabby how to create space

Offline achilles

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2015, 02:16:16 PM »
KMac has already shown how shit he is by his attempts at acting manager!

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2015, 02:16:41 PM »
Back in the day of the Moores' team winning the youth cup & through to Albrighton, Delfouneso etc we a) used to keep players too long and b) kept players at club to succeed at reserve team level when they needed to get out and play proper men's football.

When you watched our youngsters play the likes of Chelsea they went down the line of having a team of 18yr old 6ft+ athletes whilst we seemed to encourage the smaller players.  Different approaches who knows which is correct...

There's still a lot to be said for being able to introduce youngsters into either a good or at very least a functioning side.

i don't think there is any right or wrong way to run a youth system & whilst our end game is always to get players through to be 1st team regulars it is also about getting as many of the lads to be in a position to have a career at a level of football & supporting those that don't.  Have we succeeded in either of those

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2015, 03:36:46 PM »
case in point is Lewis Kinsella, left back where we have been struggling, the lad is 21 - if he ain't good enough now then get rid rid.

We will have players in the academy aged 30, married with a couple of kids and able to grow a full beard but they won't be quite ready for the first team.

Case in point is Adama, although not from the academy, still very raw but with a shitload of pace and potential who we are paying a rumoured 70k a week, but he's not ready so gets no game time or 5 mins.

It's not like we are setting the division alight so take a fucking chance instead of the same old same old bollocks and wondering why it always goes tits up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal