collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by CT Villan
[Today at 01:59:17 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:59:06 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:58:24 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Dogtanian
[Today at 01:56:50 PM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Nev
[Today at 01:56:42 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by SamTheMouse
[Today at 01:56:02 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 01:54:44 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Time to go for it...  (Read 9372 times)

Offline bobdylan

Re: Time to go for it...
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2015, 07:53:55 PM »
Judging by the youtube clips i watched before he came, Veretout looked liked he was an attacking midfielder for his old club. I think he'd look a bit better if he was given more of a slightly free role.

To me it seems Garde is playing him in that role , certainly against Southampton he tried to go beyond Gestede for flick on's

I can't say i've noticed him playing any further forward to be honest. Now I've said that, he'll score on Saturday.

Sherwood likened Ilori to Can and said he could play holding midfield.  Perhaps he's worth a go in there given Sanchez and Westwood are not up to it.  We definitely need to try a few new things, that could be one, Richards at right back another and Kozak up top with Adama wide possibly.  Re-integrating at least 1 of Gil/Grealish into the team too.  There are options there, if we keep seeing Gabby, Gestede, Sinclair, Westwood, Sanchez etc we won't improve imo.  We might not by making a few changes but the little promise shown by some of those other players suggests it's at least worth trying.  Maybe even give Lydon a go, Gardner if fit, Crespo, heck even Bunn.  I'd definitely shuffle the pack and then we'll at least have no regrets.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2015, 10:36:54 PM »
Personally I think we need to abandon playing three up front for the time being, our midfield is not good enough to cope with it. I reckon we should throw another midfielder in and play two up top for now. Who though, i'm not sure.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2015, 09:57:14 AM »
Personally I think we need to abandon playing three up front for the time being, our midfield is not good enough to cope with it. I reckon we should throw another midfielder in and play two up top for now. Who though, i'm not sure.

Totally agree

sinclair ayew gestede reminds me of Lambert and gabby benteke weimann that he persevered  with for fuck knows how long when it blatantly didn't work.

I would go with Adama and Ayew upfront playing off the shoulders of centre halves

The worry I have is who we get to play wide, I suppose Bacuna could do a job along with gil with veretout and gana/sanchez in the middle

Whatever he decides gestede in any shape or form is not the answer to any question

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2015, 10:01:02 AM »
I think the two should be Suarez and Messi.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal