collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Time to go for it...  (Read 9323 times)

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Time to go for it...
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2015, 12:09:37 AM »
Yes play your suggested team every week and we will equal Swindon's record of conceding 100 goals!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2015, 01:23:42 AM »
They won 3 and were on 13 points after 19 games. After 29 games they had won 4 and were on 19 points.

Oh, that's put a downer on that then. I only posted it because I heard it on 5Live this evening.

It still shows that it is far from a lost cause though.

Oh I'm convinced it ain't over yet. They'll be plenty more twists and turns to come. Not even half the season gone yet.

We are going to win a game eventually. Even if it feels like we never will. What will keep us up is we are able to build on that or do we lose soon after and go on another barren run. That's what will kill us. Leicester won and kept going that took them from oblivion to safety. We need to find some positive momentum from somewhere.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2015, 02:20:00 AM »
I remain convinced that we will put a good run together and play some scintillating football when it is too late. I intend to put my money where my mouth is too, with a very large spread bet on our points tally.

As a few other posters have stated, we have played some very good football in patches and some of the new players have convinced me that they will go and do great things. The injury to Amavi was a devastating blow which scuppered Garde's plans.  By the way, go and have a look at Amavi thread to see the reactions to the news if you want a good laugh. 

Make no mistake though, we are down. I do not think it is stretching credulity either to say that Garde was brought in on the basis that relegation was a 90% probability.  If we sacked Dimmy and got Allardyce before Sunderland, I reckon he would have kept us up.

I do not trust Fox at all, although I do not doubt that Timmy was behind the media onslaught. If you proceed from the premise that class enemy will tell you anything to get you onside, you will not go far wrong, in my 60 years experience anyway. "Our club" my arsehole. I did not come down with last night's rain.

That is not to say I am anti-Garde. I like the cut of his jib and appreciate he is working in abject circumstances.

The cricket  season start in April.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2015, 07:31:25 AM »
All very well, going for it, but we have to have something to "Go for it" with.

Online ez

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2015, 09:43:54 AM »
All very well, going for it, but we have to have something to "Go for it" with.

That's the problem. With this squad, if you could magically place us 10 points clear and we'd still go down.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 10:08:26 AM »
They won 3 and were on 13 points after 19 games. After 29 games they had won 4 and were on 19 points.

Oh, that's put a downer on that then. I only posted it because I heard it on 5Live this evening.

However, it is lost cause adjacent

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2015, 11:16:00 AM »
As Big Ron used to say, it's time to give it the full bollocks

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2015, 11:54:21 AM »

Oh I'm convinced it ain't over yet. They'll be plenty more twists and turns to come. Not even half the season gone yet.

We are going to win a game eventually. Even if it feels like we never will. What will keep us up is we are able to build on that or do we lose soon after and go on another barren run. That's what will kill us. Leicester won and kept going that took them from oblivion to safety. We need to find some positive momentum from somewhere.

I'm hoping for a decent January transfer window. Hopefully a goal scorer to kickstart our season.

Offline thegreatdane

• Aston Villa defender Olof Mellberg paid more than
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2015, 12:00:16 PM »
Nothing to gain by being cautious now, so I would like to see us go for it over the next few games. Our full backs without Amavi are not really at the races so I would do something like the below.  Getsede should be a last ditch hoof it only option.

Bunn
   Okore-Lescott-Richards
Gil-Sanchez-Veretout-Traore
             Grealish
         Sinclair-Ayew

That's my two penny's worth anyway!

I dont see why not not sure about that back 3 but yeah go for it.

Better than the shit we have been watching.

Then again why discuss it it wont happen!

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 01:16:41 PM »
Just posted on the Newcastle thread I think Gil in number 10 behind Ayew and Traore would work. They both like to run at defenders and both have a shot on them. Forget the width and go direct. We have a spanish magician who can thread balls, lets utilise him in the most important position on the park

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2015, 01:56:34 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3360489/Aston-Villa-cheating-fans-Remi-Garde-s-players-letting-club-no-excuse-not-running.html

Decent article? He has a valid point or two.

I felt it was a strange appointment, and Sunday's team selection confirmed my view. Grealish, Carles Gil and Ashley Westwood are all players who can look after the ball, find a pass, open up opponents; Adama Traore is a catalyst, he's exciting.

I'm not sure I agree with that. How many assists or key passes have this lot racked up in their careers so far? Adama deserves a chance but the others have hardly been involved in bucket loads of goals. I really don't get Durham's love of Westwood either, he's a Championship water carrier.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2015, 02:12:07 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3360489/Aston-Villa-cheating-fans-Remi-Garde-s-players-letting-club-no-excuse-not-running.html

Decent article? He has a valid point or two.

I read it as these foreign types can't cut it, and worse still they get preferential treatment over good old fashioned Tommy, Jack Grealish.

Typical Mail slant.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2015, 02:43:50 PM »
Just posted on the Newcastle thread I think Gil in number 10 behind Ayew and Traore would work. They both like to run at defenders and both have a shot on them. Forget the width and go direct. We have a spanish magician who can thread balls, lets utilise him in the most important position on the park

I don't know anything about Lydon but if he can inject some energy in midfield I would play Veretout behind Traore and Ayew. I like Gil I just think Veretout has the better eye for a pass and can help the midfield more. Should be noted Newcastle are playing 4 CM's and 2 strikers so need to keep midfield strong for the next one at least

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2015, 03:35:45 PM »

I don't know anything about Lydon but if he can inject some energy in midfield I would play Veretout behind Traore and Ayew. I like Gil I just think Veretout has the better eye for a pass and can help the midfield more. Should be noted Newcastle are playing 4 CM's and 2 strikers so need to keep midfield strong for the next one at least

I like Gil but he is a bit of all fart and no shit, great on the ball but hasn't got the pace to get behind his man so run sideways across their back line and eventually drop your shoulder and cut inside. Get tackled.

Repeat

I think he would thrive in a team that makes decent runs off the ball but as we are currently what's the point

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal