collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NEGATIVE CHANTING  (Read 9386 times)

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
Re: NEGATIVE CHANTING
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 01:19:30 PM »
The negative chanting should be directed at our useless owner. He gets an easy ride by hiding and staying silent. Can you imagine the demonstrations if Doug was still in charge given our current position?

I don't have to imagine them. I remember them. And how ineffective they were.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 01:23:11 PM »
The negative chanting should be directed at our useless owner. He gets an easy ride by hiding and staying silent. Can you imagine the demonstrations if Doug was still in charge given our current position?

I don't have to imagine them. I remember them. And how ineffective they were.

Thats all very well, but Lerner gets an incredibly easy ride after 5 years of dross culminating in the worst Villa team in living memory...more unwanted records to be set over the next few months.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 01:23:12 PM »
I'm surprised there was any chanting at all.

The last 4/5 years has been pathetic.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 01:29:39 PM »
There wasn't too much of it yesterday as there was precious little chanting at all. However, it was in evidence last week at Southampton along with some ironic 'ole!' chanting as we strung together some passes.

The Arsenal chant of 'he drinks when he wants', directed at Jack Grealish was probably the highlight chant of the day.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 01:34:16 PM »
There wasn't too much of it yesterday as there was precious little chanting at all. However, it was in evidence last week at Southampton along with some ironic 'ole!' chanting as we strung together some passes.

The Arsenal chant of 'he drinks when he wants', directed at Jack Grealish was probably the highlight chant of the day.

The Grealish situation highlights what is wrong at the club and the couldn't give a shit attitude of many of the players.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2015, 03:44:19 PM »

You'd be wasting your breath - as he wouldn't be listening.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 04:01:40 PM »
I'm amazed people bother to turn up anymore. Those who do probably need something to cheer themselves up.

Looking at the attendance yesterday I think it's going to get worse

Offline Cleybrooke

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2015, 04:35:08 PM »
We're going to win 12 - 1 was funny..

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2015, 04:48:52 PM »
Think the players have got away lightly  after some of the performances.. think man utd fans have given their own players more stick this season than we have with ours. Imagine their response  if they were in our situation.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2015, 05:17:16 PM »

You'd be wasting your breath - as he wouldn't be listening.

Yes, burying head in sand comes to mind....

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2015, 05:25:06 PM »
I didn't hear any negative chanting from the Upper Trinity. There was a few minutes spell in the first half though when you could hear the discontent but that was about it.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2015, 06:57:03 PM »
No point in chanting anything about Lerner as he is never there!

I reserve the right to take the piss out of people on the pitch pretending to be Aston Villa players

We have sung and chanted in support of a parade of buffoons for season after season of dire putresance and the OP wonders why there may be "negative chanting" occasionally? Our fear of being labelled "fickle" or even worse "small-time" seems to stifle any expression of discontent - apparently I am allowed to boo at the end but only at the result not the players etc etc

Getting off lightly doesn't even begin to describe the situation...

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2015, 07:03:39 PM »
Most of the ire in P6 was directed at the referee and the biggest cheer of the day was when he gave us a decision after 30 minutes.  To be honest, the early kick offs don't seem to suit us. Most of the singers and serial screamers probably need to get well oiled. The Arse Holes probably got tinnied up on their coaches and trains and were sufficiently lubricated.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2015, 07:23:53 PM »
This mob are the worst team to wear our sacred colours in living memory. Their utter inability to perform isn't worthy of our great support. They draw huge salaries and I bet they couldn't give a flying fcuk about what we sing/think/do. So if some choose to ridicule them, so be it. After all, they take the piss out of us every bloody week.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2015, 07:26:37 PM »
Imagine if McLeish had served this run of results up, jesus. Crowds would have been around 25,000 and the atmosphere would have been horrible and hostile.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal