collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:33:06 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeS
[Today at 10:18:37 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 10:17:44 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Tayls_7
[Today at 10:17:21 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Nev
[Today at 10:13:27 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 10:10:44 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 10:07:38 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 10:04:14 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NEGATIVE CHANTING  (Read 9382 times)

Offline Rimmy Jimmer

NEGATIVE CHANTING
« on: December 14, 2015, 09:49:15 AM »
What is the point of the negative chanting "We're f**king shit" and "We're going down" and "We lose every week". This must have an awful affect on our players. What on earth must Remi Garde think. What happened to supporting the team and cheering us on. The VILLA chant has completely disappeared. Bells are ringing is also virtually unheard of. #fight like lions seemed to energise the club and spur us on last season. There is no mention of that anymore either. There are a lot of points to fight for but if we don't fight and support properly  we have no chance.
Alan Hutton one of the shittest players in the history of shit. We sing his name. It occasionally inspires him to be slightly better than shit.

Offline rob_bridge

Re: NEGATIVE CHANTING
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 09:54:58 AM »
Gallows Humour is all well and good at the appropriate time. However do not agree with it at this time.

If we are still as bad by the end of Janaury then so be it.

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 10:04:21 AM »
Agreed, funny on occasion but not the time for it now. Let's get behind them and try and bring some meaning to that 12th Man Holte End banner. Let everyone else take the piss out of us, don't do it to ourselves.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 10:11:04 AM »
There are a lot of points to fight for but if we don't fight and support properly  we have no chance

If we do go down (if? I mean when) it won't be due to lack of support. I think the support for the team over the last few years has been incredible, given the absolute shit that's been served up, week in, week out. And to lay any blame for the mess the club and the team is in on the fans is ridiculous. A few cheeky chants won't change things. in fact, I'd say it's the humour that's stopped fans from getting really aggressive with the team. God knows they fucking deserve to be booed off after most games but they don't 

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 10:16:44 AM »
Other than some rumblings of discontent when Grealish appeared from the bench I don't recall any negative chanting. That said, what you hear in one part of the ground isn't necessarily what you'll hear elsewhere.

I think in general, considering we are rock bottom, six points from not being bottom (not even safety) and on the back of the last five years I think the support in terms of numbers turning up and chanting has been remarkable.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 10:30:29 AM »
Chico,

Agree with you !00% - not sure what other people on this board expect of the fans. Considering the absolute shite and couldn't care less attitude of most of the players, what do they really expect from the fans. These are highly paid individuals who should be ashamed of their performances. Even if they are not up to scratch, there is nothing to stop them tracking back, putting pressure on their back line and, not thinking that the net is in row Z of each end!!

What is most depressing is that, like against Arsenal, once we had gone 0-1 down did anyone really think we would come back from that? Yet, look at other shite teams like Newcastle, Sunderland et al, at least they manage to get results at places where all we can say is "Oh, well it was Spurs away or Arsenal or whoever, we just accept that we were lucky to get Nil whereas other teams are battling to try to win games, e.g. huge teams like Bournemouth for God's sake!!"

The players need to get the fans onside with at least busting a gut not strolling around and, we will always give them our full backing if at least we think they are doing their best.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 10:50:29 AM »
I hope ,someone from the Club ,reads this message to the Players .I know you have no respect for us supporters, but you must have some self respect if your confidence is shot feign injury and let someone else have go its not about your wages it's about pride.utv

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 11:25:46 AM »
There are a lot of points to fight for but if we don't fight and support properly  we have no chance

If we do go down (if? I mean when) it won't be due to lack of support. I think the support for the team over the last few years has been incredible, given the absolute shit that's been served up, week in, week out. And to lay any blame for the mess the club and the team is in on the fans is ridiculous. A few cheeky chants won't change things. in fact, I'd say it's the humour that's stopped fans from getting really aggressive with the team. God knows they fucking deserve to be booed off after most games but they don't 

Absolutely correct. This seems to happen quite a lot at Villa. The team is shit, but somehow it's the fans' fault?

It's the club that has given up, not the fans.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 11:32:12 AM »
I didn't hear any negative chanting yesterday from my seat in L2 of the Holte Lower. So I somehow doubt it was loud enough to be heard on the pitch (wherever it was coming from). The place was like a morgue yesterday, not that I'm expecting any different given this season and the fact we had the stuffing knocked out of us in less than 10 minutes.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 11:40:27 AM »
There were plenty of mad shouting where frustration seems to result in people coming out with all sorts of indiscriminate abuse but I didn't hear any negative chants. At least 3 people near me did not come back for the second half and you could hardly blame them.  Even though they missed our best period of the game it never actually felt like Arsenal couldn't score again if they needed to.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 12:22:00 PM »
I didn't hear any negative chanting yesterday from my seat in L2 of the Holte Lower. So I somehow doubt it was loud enough to be heard on the pitch (wherever it was coming from). The place was like a morgue yesterday, not that I'm expecting any different given this season and the fact we had the stuffing knocked out of us in less than 10 minutes.

I was in the North Stand Lower and didn't hear any either.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 12:39:03 PM »

This, 100%.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 12:43:51 PM »
Likewise I didn't hear any 'negative' chants near the front of K4  - there was a bit of gallows humour like 'we are bottom of the league' in response to Arse fans' 'we are top of the league', and the cringey ones about Grealish, but didn't hear any like the ones in the OP. In fact it was so quiet yesterday I think most people are just resigned to our fate and can't even be bothered to give the team any stick.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 12:46:01 PM »
OP must have been talking about the Aston Social or somewhere similar pre-game I think.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 01:09:41 PM »
The negative chanting should be directed at our useless owner. He gets an easy ride by hiding and staying silent. Can you imagine the demonstrations if Doug was still in charge given our current position?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal