collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tom Fox's meeting with Supporters  (Read 47194 times)

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
Re: Tom Fox's meeting with Supporters
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 06:03:33 PM »
I wouldn't worry. If anything interesting is revealed there will be a queue of GM and AVST members lining up to tell us.

Not that there will be. With relegation a probability I'm sure Fox will be adopting a bunker mentality.

Probability?  Sounds far too optimistic.

Offline evalast1910

• GM : 29.02.2016
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 06:38:52 PM »
Because that is what GM's is for here and for AVST members with my other hat on.
I'm a former member of both. I suppose an update for such a person is out of the question? It's not like current members of both get the info twice.

Every time there's a meeting like this we get the same "I demand to be told" statements. There is no official them and us-ism on here. If you donate to the site you get access to another forum and if a member wants to divulge something in there that they don't want to say in public I'm fine with that but I wouldn't ask them to do anything one way or the other. If the Trust want to say anything to their members or nothing at all it's up to their board to decide.

There is a new Chairman in January plus an additional board member.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2015, 06:46:54 PM »
Because that is what GM's is for here and for AVST members with my other hat on.
I'm a former member of both. I suppose an update for such a person is out of the question? It's not like current members of both get the info twice.

Every time there's a meeting like this we get the same "I demand to be told" statements. There is no official them and us-ism on here. If you donate to the site you get access to another forum and if a member wants to divulge something in there that they don't want to say in public I'm fine with that but I wouldn't ask them to do anything one way or the other. If the Trust want to say anything to their members or nothing at all it's up to their board to decide.

Any truth in the rumour it's Gerald Ratner?

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2015, 06:48:54 PM »

Finally! It's about time somebody was tasked with rearranging those bloody deckchairs.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2015, 06:50:37 PM »

ICEBERGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2015, 06:58:39 PM »
Any word of a transfer budget? I'd like to know who we're going to sign but that's a little optomistic.

So two new people at board level. As long as we're spending money sensibly...

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2015, 07:00:09 PM »
Any word of a transfer budget? I'd like to know who we're going to sign but that's a little optomistic.

What would be gained from giving anybody that information?

Offline evalast1910

• GM : 29.02.2016
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2015, 07:03:41 PM »
Fox suggested Garde would have £20-30m in Jan; if he wanted to spend it.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2015, 07:04:19 PM »

The same as telling the supporters something like, oh, I dunno...:

Fabian Delph has signed a new contract

(with a insanely cheap buyout clause)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2015, 07:07:59 PM »

Interesting if true.

Good a question like that was asked as Lerner did say in that rare Times interview just before the cup final he would appoint someone else as Chairman so guess that was asked.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2015, 07:08:09 PM »

The same as telling the supporters something like, oh, I dunno...:

Fabian Delph has signed a new contract

(with a insanely cheap buyout clause)

Still bitter about that I see.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2015, 07:08:13 PM »
Fox suggested Garde would have £20-30m in Jan; if he wanted to spend it.
That's interesting, but considering how much TV money is available just for staying in the division you'd think it'd be more than that.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2015, 07:08:38 PM »

It was hardly a demand though, was it?

Why mention it then?

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2015, 07:09:14 PM »

Still bitter about that I see.
Aren't you? As a supporter aren't you bitter that we were deceived?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 07:11:39 PM by Chris Harte »

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2015, 07:10:42 PM »

It was hardly a demand though, was it?

Why mention it then?
It was a simple question.

Why imply it was a demand when it wasn't?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal