collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Never mind the Seniors  (Read 5231 times)

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
Re: Never mind the Seniors
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2015, 08:58:52 PM »
Everton were virtually a one-man team with Rooney carrying them whereas Villa had by far the stronger all round team with the two Moores the standouts.

And Steven Davis

And Liam Ridgewell, believe it or not.

Was racking my brain as to whether it was Ridgewell or not, but he had Rooney virtually in his back pocket in the Goodison match. And because of this, the other Everton players were like headless chickens.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 12:34:59 AM »
Rooney didn't score at VP.

Offline myf

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2015, 08:36:01 AM »

I went to VP. Sure he scored

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2015, 10:14:46 AM »

Yes he did, he drilled a shot across the keeper and they  won one nil.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2015, 10:58:15 AM »

Yes he did, he drilled a shot across the keeper and they  won one nil.

That wasn't Rooney, it was Scott Brown, Rooney scored in the first leg at Goodison.

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2015, 12:12:00 PM »
We are bang on to win the youth cup this season ha ha.

Great win against Everton watched in Bullens Road couldn't contain myself when we scored.  We continue to have a good record  in cups against Everton, okay we have lost a few 78 FA cup 99 FA Cup and 84 league cup but apart from those games we seem to have the upper hand on them, even beating them when the Moore twins helped win us the Youth Cup with another great performance in the  first leg  of the final at Goodison.
yeah i remember that youth cup final ,, a great future was predicted for stefan and luke moore , ,they didnt say that  about wayne  rooney who played in the same match
I remember going to that game and the word on the street was Rooney was a star in the making although he didn't play that well on the night.

In our home leg I'm sure Rooney hit the bar with a pile driver from 30 odd yards.

Edit, apparently it was a goal.

My memory was that Rooney hit the bar and I thought it rebounded to near the halfway line, maybe time has clouded or colored the distance, Rooney was also a man among boys that day.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2015, 02:17:12 PM »
Everton were virtually a one-man team with Rooney carrying them whereas Villa had by far the stronger all round team with the two Moores the standouts.

It's always been my main bugbear with our academy that they have usually seemed to focus on producing good teams rather than outstanding individuals.  The latter is what helps clubs more in the longer term.   

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2015, 02:25:51 PM »

It's always been my main bugbear with our academy that they have usually seemed to focus on producing good teams rather than outstanding individuals.  The latter is what helps clubs more in the longer term.

That is a very good point. Pointless winning the euros if none of the players are actually any good and fail to get in the first team

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal