collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Never mind the Seniors  (Read 5230 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Never mind the Seniors
« on: December 12, 2015, 01:40:44 AM »
We are bang on to win the youth cup this season ha ha.

Great win against Everton watched in Bullens Road couldn't contain myself when we scored.  We continue to have a good record  in cups against Everton, okay we have lost a few 78 FA cup 99 FA Cup and 84 league cup but apart from those games we seem to have the upper hand on them, even beating them when the Moore twins helped win us the Youth Cup with another great performance in the  first leg  of the final at Goodison.

Offline conman

Re: Never mind the Seniors
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 03:25:05 AM »

Great win against Everton watched in Bullens Road couldn't contain myself when we scored.  We continue to have a good record  in cups against Everton, okay we have lost a few 78 FA cup 99 FA Cup and 84 league cup but apart from those games we seem to have the upper hand on them, even beating them when the Moore twins helped win us the Youth Cup with another great performance in the  first leg  of the final at Goodison.
yeah i remember that youth cup final ,, a great future was predicted for stefan and luke moore , ,they didnt say that  about wayne  rooney who played in the same match

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 04:29:06 AM »

yeah i remember that youth cup final ,, a great future was predicted for stefan and luke moore , ,they didnt say that  about wayne  rooney who played in the same match
I remember going to that game and the word on the street was Rooney was a star in the making although he didn't play that well on the night.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 07:41:12 AM »

I remember going to that game and the word on the street was Rooney was a star in the making although he didn't play that well on the night.

I seem to remember the game was televised for the first time?

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 08:08:03 AM »

I seem to remember the game was televised for the first time?

It was, I recall watching it.  I seem to remember there was a certain amount of hype regarding Rooney too, physique age ratio mainly.  IIRC didn't Everton score first through Rooney?  Not sure on that.

Offline curlytailavfc

• www.friendsofakitas.co.uk
  • GM : 26.02.2019
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 08:23:22 AM »
I watched the game in the dogpool pub remember it well and thought we had some great players for the future but goes to show it never worked out.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 09:13:15 AM »
We seem to do well on Merseyside in the Youth cup historically.

No Rooney scored at Villa on the Saturday lunchtime 2nd leg.  We battered them first leg at Goodison and were the underdogs.

Had a really good night out though yesterday with my Everton mates.  Fair play to two lads who were staying out all night ready for 5am coach to their game at Norwich today.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 09:16:56 AM »

Rooney had been rated as a star of the future since he was about 12 and you're slipping back into your comma habit. Please desist.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 09:23:25 AM »
I'm not sure where this revisionism that Rooney was rubbish has come from. He scored in both legs including a screamer at Villa Park and was probably man of the match in the second game.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 10:03:27 AM »
Rooney was head and shoulders the best player in the second leg, if Everton had had just another couple of players half as good as him they'd have won that tie.

Anyway, sod that, this is about our current lot, not seen much of them but an away win at Everton bodes well.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 12:25:46 PM »

In our home leg I'm sure Rooney hit the bar with a pile driver from 30 odd yards.

Edit, apparently it was a goal.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 12:51:37 PM »
Rooney scored an amazing goal in Everton's youth cup run that year, away to Spurs. Had a free kick 30 yards out which hit the wall and he smashed the rebound on the volley straight into the top corner. Was on his docu on the BBC  recently.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 01:23:41 PM »
Everton were virtually a one-man team with Rooney carrying them whereas Villa had by far the stronger all round team with the two Moores the standouts.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2015, 01:51:23 PM »
Everton were virtually a one-man team with Rooney carrying them whereas Villa had by far the stronger all round team with the two Moores the standouts.

And Steven Davis

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2015, 07:26:24 PM »

And Steven Davis

And Liam Ridgewell, believe it or not.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal