collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 1874 Suite & Restaurant  (Read 10152 times)

Offline robbo1874

Re: 1874 Suite & Restaurant
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2015, 09:48:57 AM »
Definitely a massive whinge, but a bit harsh to take the piss out of an old villa fan because of it. Fact is him and his mates have had their party at villa the last two years and probably will not be going there next Christmas by the sounds of it. The club should at least listen to the complaints.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2015, 11:38:43 AM »
It's pretty rare that we ask this, but if we could keep this thread a bit more 'on-topic' than it was before then it would be appreciated.

Offline peter w

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2015, 01:02:01 PM »
fair enough and it's quite disappointing that the original poster has endured a bad time of it. Still, deleting posts? it's still just a minor inconvenience, although a major one to the original poster isn't it?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2015, 01:10:21 PM »
I guess the Club are in this game  (providing events facility and catering) for commercial reasons so the correct thing to do is raise a complaint and wait for an answer. In the end success or failure  of this trade will depend on service standard.

Offline Nelson Lodge

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2015, 04:35:04 PM »
I have not read all the comments above in response to my original post. I think it important to post what has happened since Monday. Acting on the suggestion of the pensioners branch secretary I emailed his contact at Venue Sales/Hospitality with my concerns, which included suggestions for the unloading of the less able bodied in vehicles. I received a prompt reply and yesterday afternoon I spoke by telephone, at a pre-arranged time, to two ladies in that department.

I was informed that new signage will be put in place to direct traffic to the one entrance in Witton Lane where vehicles can be  security checked as appropriate. I can understand the need to control traffic coming and going at one entrance in the light of present ongoing security issues. Arrangements will also be be put in place for the less able who use wheelchairs and walking sticks, etc, to exit vehicles near to the 1874 suite entrance. The association were advised of the new security arrangements on the Friday before the Monday event. so it was too late for all members to be notified in time. (about 160 who attended).

The enhanced security was introduced very quickly which caused the problems; better to be safe than sorry. I guess that the rapid and efficient introduction of these new measures have caused those in Venue Sales more than one headache in dealing with customers.

The conversation was amicable on both sides and I was thanked for the "feedback" re the parking and even the main course of the meal. Even though the roast potatoes were certainly not Aunt Bessie's !!!
Giving credit where credit is due I was treated with courtesy, and my concerns were dealt with promptly and efficiently.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2015, 10:24:54 PM »
What about the Turkey?

Offline conman

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2015, 10:32:36 PM »
What about the Turkey?
to me the condition of the cooked turkey is irrelevant ,,cooked well or not ,,,the bloke in question /op ,, is over 70 ,, he has followed villa all his life ,,,his mrs is in a wheelchair ,,,,,,yet in 2015  he couldnt drop her off or pick her at the venue location ,, without twats on here making clever smar arse comments

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2015, 10:34:24 PM »
What about the Turkey?
to me the condition of the cooked turkey is irrelevant ,,cooked well or not ,,,the bloke in question /op ,, is over 70 ,, he has followed villa all his life ,,,his mrs is in a wheelchair ,,,,,,yet in 2015  he couldnt drop her off or pick her at the venue location ,, without twats on here making clever smar arse comments

How many times do you have to be warned about your incredibly irritating style of posting?

Offline conman

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2015, 10:47:28 PM »
What about the Turkey?

How many times do you have to be warned about your incredibly irritating style of posting?

loads dave ,,,,,,,,i cant help it ,,,,,,but to save you the trouble ,,,,,,,,i will just save you the trouble ,,,i will stop posting ,,,good night ,,,,,,,,and god bless

THE VILLA

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2015, 10:49:18 PM »
What about the Turkey?

loads dave ,,,,,,,,i cant help it ,,,,,,but to save you the trouble ,,,,,,,,i will just save you the trouble ,,,i will stop posting ,,,good night ,,,,,,,,and god bless

THE VILLA

Thank god for that.

Offline conman

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2015, 10:52:40 PM »
What about the Turkey?

THE VILLA

Thank god for that.
Amen  (the last post ,,,,,,,)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:54:14 PM by conman »

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2015, 10:54:44 PM »
What about the Turkey?

THE VILLA

Thank god for that.
Amen  (the last post ,,,,,,,)
Yeah, bye.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2015, 11:33:12 PM »

THE VILLA

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2015, 11:58:17 PM »
Conman is harmless and bad spelling is far worse than bad grammar. I guess Bad English is best positioned to adjudicate though.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2015, 12:11:03 AM »
Conman is harmless and bad spelling is far worse than bad grammar. I guess Bad English is best positioned to adjudicate though.
I think he, Conman is suggesting that there is some problem like Keyboard Tourette's.
Very odd indeed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal