collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Even Fleetwood know what Sherwood is like.  (Read 9577 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Even Fleetwood know what Sherwood is like.
« on: December 01, 2015, 11:01:27 AM »
From www.football365.com

Hello F365,

Now, I’m not often compelled to write in to the site. I absolutely love all the articles on here and it’s generally my ‘go to’ place for news and such.

I had to change this though, when my little town of Fleetwood has been getting so much press lately. Throw in the scouting and grassroots business and I was already typing your email address into my Gmail account before I knew what was happening.

Anyway, I live in Fleetwood. I have completed the level two PFSA Scouting course in Manchester, and I’m a grassroots coach with Fleetwood Town Juniors and the club secretary. Guess who we see every time we hold a tournament or play a match? Scouts. Scouts everywhere. We’ve had United down, Everton and Liverpool. In fact, the Liverpool scouts and coaches regularly come and put sessions on for our U7’s. Now, I’m not a Liverpool fan (United, actually) but they’re more than aware of what’s going on in the region and it’s brilliant to see. Everton even invited those same U7’s down to their Finch Farm training complex, and you’ve honestly never seen a happier bunch of kids. Premier League clubs aren’t blind, their just sensible. At times…

Anyway, we’ve got a cracking relationship with the official club, but that’s beside the point. My point is this out and out nonsense from Tim Sherwood about Scouts not tramping all around the country to view young talent. About how they’d hate going to somewhere like Fleetwood on a cold, wet night in November (it’s been horribly cold, wet and windy here lately. It always is, but that doesn’t stop people coming. Usually it’s the smell.) Words spill out of his mouth like a drunk man that’s eaten one too many nasty looking kebabs. It’s utter rubbish.

When Jamie Vardy used to play for Fleetwood, there were dozens of Scouts at the ground watching as he banged in goal after goal in a truly amazing season. He’s always been a goalscorer and he’s still remembered very fondly by everyone in the town and at the club. Every time he’s scored recently, the announcers at Highbury…well…announce it. He’s still an awful person for his remarks in pre-season, but like the national media, most people tend to gloss over that part. Which they shouldn’t do. The only reason he went to Leicester, is because they were the only one’s willing to pay a million quid for him. The club rejected loads of offers, but none of them had the incentives that Leicester’s did.

Now, Timmy ‘lad lad, banter banter arf arf’ Sherwood properly annoys the life out of me. I was delighted when he got sacked from Villa, because I firmly believe he is a truly awful football manager, as well as a genuinely bitter person. I can just imagine him and old ‘arry Redknapp, sitting around a roaring fire, lamenting about how their hard done by, and all the foreigners are ruining the game. It honestly makes me warm inside to know that both of them are out of jobs. It’s great. His knowledge on scouting is about as equal as his knowledge on the game. Even regarding using technology. I spent one long, weary (but quite enlightening day) in the company of scouts from all around the Fylde and Lancashire, and they all said that technology was welcome and that it made their lives and jobs easier. Gone are the days of turning up to a match and just praying that it’s not been called off due to bad weather. Now, they can easily check online. They can send an e-mail or a text. Technology will never replace those ‘foot soldiers’ but it will sure as hell make their lives easier.

So, regardless of what Tim says, they’re not afraid to come here to Fleetwood. In fact, we’d not only give them a cup of tea, we’d probably treat them to a cracking Chippy Tea from one of the 40,000 chippies around the town.

Not Sherwood though, he can get tae f***.

Kind Regards
Chris Morton, Fleetwood Town Juniors Secretary

Offline Duncan Shaw

Re: Even Fleetwood know what Sherwood is like.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 11:07:25 AM »
This is my new favourite footy article on the whole internet!!

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:23:31 AM »
At last. The Gospel According to St Timothy is exposed as apostasy.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 11:40:33 AM »
That's a very funny and very revealing article. Excellent.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:46:49 AM »
There's a few choice lines in there, but I think

Words spill out of his mouth like a drunk man that’s eaten one too many nasty looking kebabs.

might just be the pick of the bunch.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 11:51:11 AM »
There's a few choice lines in there, but I think

Words spill out of his mouth like a drunk man that’s eaten one too many nasty looking kebabs.

might just be the pick of the bunch.

I've nicked that and it's now on a boat to Canada. Will be using it where possible.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 04:59:52 PM »
I'll give you a fact. Most supporters who actually go liked Tim and his freshness, most supporters who follow the club via forums didnt.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 05:11:40 PM »
How about those that did/do both?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 05:17:05 PM »
That is very true, at least in my case Hoppo.  Many of us liked him and his brash and breezy style that seemed to transform us.
We came crashing to earth when it became apparent that beneath the brash cocky exterior was precisely nothing else. Nothing. It was like marrying a pageant queen who beneath the Lycra playsuit was an Ann Summers blow up doll.
To make matters even worse he refused to accept any responsibility for catastrophes caused by his own incompetence and left us after throwing his team under the bus.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 05:40:17 PM »
I'll give you a fact. Most supporters who actually go liked Tim and his freshness, most supporters who follow the club via forums didnt.

How is that a fact?

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 06:26:41 PM »
It was like marrying a pageant queen who beneath the Lycra playsuit was an Ann Summers blow up doll.

A late contender for Simile of the Year.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 09:40:42 PM »

What is your sample size and how frequently  do you have to gone  to be included?

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 10:56:12 PM »

So most supporters liked the throwing players under the bus to protect his own reputation?
Or the Lambertesque run of results from Southampton last year?
Or the utterly bizarre substitutions that fans, either in the ground or watching on dodgy streams / legit TV could see were disasters in waiting and tell you why, to be proven right within a few minutes of said substitutions?
Or the mind boggling starting line-ups that were disasters in waiting etc.
Or the utter bollocks of his "we were deliberately shit" explanation of the first half against that lot?

Because frankly I find it hard to believe that anyone who actually thinks about the game would find any of the above anything other than insulting, let alone all of it put together.

Fair play to him for keeping us up last year, but he very quickly proved himself to be way out of his depth and a bottom feeder more concerned about managing the image of "Brand Timmy" than anything else.

On a footballing level he made Lambert look good in the end, but hey he was a bit chipper and bullish in interviews if you don't mind the smell of cheesy bollocks so he was alright?

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
Re: Hmmm is this Tim having a dig at our chief scout
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 11:00:36 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12023626/Tim-Sherwood-Its-not-seen-as-sexy-to-sign-players-from-lower-leagues.html

He really should engage both brain cells before opening his cavernous gob.
If there's one top flight club that's given lower league players a chance over the last 4 years it's been us.

How can I say this politely?  I can't so just "shit the f##k up"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal