collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What if - the miracle happens?  (Read 16901 times)

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: What if - the miracle happens?
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2015, 06:08:09 PM »
No negatives on this thread - only positive remarks please - will have to go now the men in white coats are knocking at my door.

This must be confusing some people.

Didn't work.....

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2015, 06:26:32 PM »
January 16th is their first real chance to pick up points.

Are they playing us at VP ?

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2015, 06:28:18 PM »
10/3 to stay up. Thought it would be longer than that

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2015, 06:32:49 PM »
I doubt we'll get more than 20 points.  There isn't a chance in hell we'll stay up.  The sooner everybody comes to terms with the fact that we'll be in the Championship next season, the better.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2015, 07:17:53 PM »
The nice men in the white coats have found me a nice padded cell - and I've got 10 minutes on the internet - providing I stop singing "once you get one you'll get more" (wins not goals).

Always think we should set our sights on the Tesco Bags - aim for them and we should be OK.  If we can close the gap on them they will start to panic.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2015, 08:12:55 PM »
If stay up what happens it will be down to hard work. This and a bit of luck. Garde talks about application. Providing we get the organisation right the players applying themselves then staying up is in realms of possibility. It's better to look forward than back. What is clear is there are still many matches left. What is also clear is that a few wins would change complexity of situation. Step by step coming off bottom position then moving out of relegation zone. I don't feel its worth predicting where points will be won or lost as its a sport where different results can happen. On the day villa have to have more good days than bad from here on in. So why not?? Also so what that other teams before us were on little points and got relegated. Each season is different and doesn't reflect what can happen this season as this season is continuing... The outcome has not been reached.
If villa win and turn the season around by may it won't even be seen as a miracle more a turnaround of fortune. Miracles would mean other teams been deducted points I think villa won't be that lucky but can survive .

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2015, 08:16:08 PM »
I doubt we'll get more than 20 points.  There isn't a chance in hell we'll stay up.  The sooner everybody comes to terms with the fact that we'll be in the Championship next season, the better.

Why ? Why is giving up  better ?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2015, 08:20:20 PM »

There were also people on here who couldn't see where the next goal was coming from and we scored two yesterday. It's about having a bit of faith, you just never know do you?

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2015, 08:30:09 PM »
Scored 2 yesterday and should have scored a couple more - we did create some reasonable chances - all is not lost.

Allez mes braves!

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2015, 08:32:33 PM »
9 wins and 6 draws from our 24 left may be enough.
Our run between December and mid Jan will determine if we do have hope or not

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2015, 08:40:30 PM »
Sooner or later these players are going to wake up and realise what this club is all about until now I don't think they have and sooner or later it's gonna click,Remi will hopefully stumble on a team that's gonna do the miracle.
An Albion fan said to me sat morning now you will find out who the real fans are well bottom of the prem and 35,000 turn up every one of us has to believe we can do it I won't give up saying we can do it till its mathematically impossible and I will be there aT every home game and what ever away games I can make.
Come on villa you can do it
Holte end the twelfth man you better believe it
Villa till I die

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2015, 09:36:17 PM »

Why ? Why is giving up  better ?

It's the hope that kills you.  I obviously hope we stay up, but we're going to have to break every record in the book to do so, and it isn't going to happen.  Our defence is shit, our midfield is shit and our forwards are more or less non-existent.  Add to that the fact that we've haven't won a single home game in ages, and have lost to the likes of Watford and Swansea, and it's beyond bleak.   We're seven points adrift already, and honestly where can you see the next win coming from?

Offline Marlon's Hairy Wood

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2015, 09:42:35 PM »
If anyones looking for a further positive... Clark's suspended for the next game, so we have to change the defence

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2015, 10:04:06 PM »
I keep telling myself there's still well over half a season to go. Yesterday did see a turning point though and it almost felt like we'd already dropped. We haven't though, and there's still hope.

Offline Cuz

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2015, 10:15:55 PM »
Would have felt better if we had beat Watford, they aren't exactly full of world beaters, so I think we have had it. It's been horrible this season however Adama gave me some hope.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal