collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What if - the miracle happens?  (Read 16875 times)

Offline castlefields_villan

Re: What if - the miracle happens?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2015, 04:40:29 PM »
Not even December yet....five months of games to play!  We have a good manager who it appears is strong on discipline. We can do it!

Exactly 5 months is a long time in football - I remember years ago Graham Taylor saying "this is a club of extremes" and you certainly can't throw the towel in before December has even started.  The only time I'd ever accept it would be (as in 1967 & 1987) when it was mathematically impossible.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2015, 04:40:38 PM »
Not even December yet....five months of games to play!  We have a good manager who it appears is strong on discipline. We can do it!

Much depends on what Remi Garde can do with the squad between now and the new year. Right now we look doomed but there are four other teams that we can catch up and/or over take by January.

Look at Newcastle's fixtures next month:

Liverpool (H)
Spurs (A)
Villa (H)
Everton (H)
West Brom (A)

The only win you can see there is against us which is why Remi needs to make sure we pick up something there - ideally the three points. Lose to us and no matter who is in charge, it will all fall apart. January isn't much better for them either:

Arsenal (A)
Man Utd (H)
West Ham (H)
Watford (A)

Not many points there, if any.

My guess is this season will record the lowest number of points needed to stay up. We're still alive, just but the game against Newcastle will either kill us or give us reason to hope.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2015, 04:40:43 PM »
It's the hope that kills you.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 04:43:02 PM »
It's hard to see it now, but we'd probably have the time of our lives in the championship

Nope

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 04:46:44 PM »
Surviving relegation is nothing to celebrate but if we do it from here i'll probably make an exception.
for exception replace with erection

Offline N'Zimidy

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 04:52:56 PM »
I've seen enough in that Watford game to think we'll definitely pick up our fair share of points in the remaining games.

This squad is seriously better than it has been over the past 4-5 years. Now that we have a proper manager I can see us going on a run of wins. at some point this season.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2015, 05:09:19 PM »
There is no chance we'll win enough games to stay up.

We're not used to winning and we won't start now.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2015, 05:11:50 PM »

Much depends on what Remi Garde can do with the squad between now and the new year. Right now we look doomed but there are four other teams that we can catch up and/or over take by January.

Liverpool (H)
Spurs (A)
Villa (H)
Everton (H)
West Brom (A)

The only win you can see there is against us which is why Remi needs to make sure we pick up something there - ideally the three points. Lose to us and no matter who is in charge, it will all fall apart. January isn't much better for them either:

Arsenal (A)
Man Utd (H)
West Ham (H)
Watford (A)

My guess is this season will record the lowest number of points needed to stay up. We're still alive, just but the game against Newcastle will either kill us or give us reason to hope.

So we might have a shout of finishing 19th rather than 20th then.

There isn't going to be a miracle. After yesterday I am convinced we are screwed.

Offline Marlon's Hairy Wood

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2015, 05:14:05 PM »
Why should the amount of TV money make you care more or less about relegation? If the money was half of what it will be I'd be every bit as gutted with going down.

Because it's the most critical season to stay in the league. Teams who survive are going to probably have a 100 million pounds more to play with than us

It's just as bad as any other season, except the gulf between the divisions has grown

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2015, 05:17:54 PM »

3 home wins in a calendar year

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2015, 05:20:58 PM »

3 home wins in a calendar year

that's why we're going down.

Offline murgsy

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2015, 05:21:26 PM »
Only one answer to that question, for me: We will come back at the first go

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2015, 05:22:57 PM »
No negatives on this thread - only positive remarks please - will have to go now the men in white coats are knocking at my door.

This must be confusing some people.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2015, 05:28:36 PM »

Liverpool (H)
Spurs (A)
Villa (H)
Everton (H)
West Brom (A)

Arsenal (A)
Man Utd (H)
West Ham (H)
Watford (A)

So we might have a shout of finishing 19th rather than 20th then.

There isn't going to be a miracle. After yesterday I am convinced we are screwed.

Try 18th. Bournemouth have very tough fixtures too. Can't see them picking up a point in December. January 16th is their first real chance to pick up points.

Offline wolfman999

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2015, 06:00:51 PM »

Liverpool (H)
Spurs (A)
Villa (H)
Everton (H)
West Brom (A)

Arsenal (A)
Man Utd (H)
West Ham (H)
Watford (A)

Meanwhile, we carry on losing so how does this make a difference ? All it indicates is who will join us in the championship next year.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal