collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What if - the miracle happens?  (Read 16904 times)

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
What if - the miracle happens?
« on: November 29, 2015, 03:06:48 PM »
It is possible - however unlikely - we could survive.

Just think of the fun we would have confounding the critics. We would have to win quite a few games. That would be a pleasant change. We have a new manager who I'm sure has not come to prepare for a season in the championship.

When do they start playing the great escape theme?

No negatives on this thread - only positive remarks please - will have to go now the men in white coats are knocking at my door.

Offline supertom

Re: What if - the miracle happens?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 03:14:31 PM »
If Garde kept us up he should walk away because frankly he'd have achieved something as remarkable as any other manager in our history has managed. There'd be no topping that. It's not impossible but it makes what Sherwood had to contend with last season like a piece of piss.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 03:17:11 PM »
What do you mean "if"? We will stay up!

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 03:38:47 PM »
I think we'll stay up, too.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 03:41:06 PM »
You're all mad. Feel free to throw that back at me if the miracle does happen...

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 03:41:32 PM »
Yep, please change the title to "When" the miracle happens.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 03:48:29 PM »
I certainly think we shouldn't be throwing in the towel just yet.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 04:07:32 PM »
Not even December yet....five months of games to play!  We have a good manager who it appears is strong on discipline. We can do it!

Online ez

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 04:09:56 PM »
Surviving relegation is nothing to celebrate but if we do it from here i'll probably make an exception.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 04:10:32 PM »
It will just be the same next season though.

We will achieve nothing significant in the premier league again under Randy Lerner. Can anyone even see us finishing in the top 10 again under his ownership.

If we go down he'll have to lower his 150m asking price substantially with championship revenue streams so I'm hopeful a takeover would happen then and a fresh start albeit a division lower.

Of course there's a risk we could attract cowboy owners but still what a great opportunity to rebuild this club away from the premier league spotlight. You wouldn't need to spend 50m either, at least initially.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 04:17:23 PM »
I have a personal precedent which makes me believe we'll confound the entire universe; after yesterday's game, I had the same feeling of impending unstoppable doooooom that I got after the 0-15 in Lambert's first season. And we pissed that.

Offline Marlon's Hairy Wood

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 04:26:58 PM »
If the TV money wasn't an issue I think i've got to the point of not caring whether we go down or not anyway

we haven't won a home game in over 200 days, if we survived by the skin of our teeth, next season would more than likely be the same

It's hard to see it now, but we'd probably have the time of our lives in the championship

Turning up at the ground knowing we're the big boys and we expect to win every game.. playing teams we haven't played in years, going to grounds we've never been before

We'll probably lose Richards, Traore and a few others. But get a few wins under our belts and a bit of confidence to go with Gardes management and we'll be laughing

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 04:36:34 PM »
If the TV money wasn't an issue I think i've got to the point of not caring whether we go down or not anyway

we haven't won a home game in over 200 days, if we survived by the skin of our teeth, next season would more than likely be the same

It's hard to see it now, but we'd probably have the time of our lives in the championship

Turning up at the ground knowing we're the big boys and we expect to win every game.. playing teams we haven't played in years, going to grounds we've never been before

We'll probably lose Richards, Traore and a few others. But get a few wins under our belts and a bit of confidence to go with Gardes management and we'll be laughing

I'd go with that.  The club has been in a state of malaise for years now and a promotion winning season in the Championship could be just what is needed to lift that.  Things could go from bad to worse of course, but this the positive thread!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 04:37:11 PM »
Why should the amount of TV money make you care more or less about relegation? If the money was half of what it will be I'd be every bit as gutted with going down.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 04:39:18 PM »
The miracle won't happen.

What yesterday proved was that that lot ain't got a win in them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal