collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Realistic January Departures  (Read 7777 times)

Online john2710

Re: Realistic January Departures
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2015, 04:36:52 PM »
The line " to good for the championship" must mean there's a division between the premier and championship because these players are not good enough for the prem but to good for the championship.
But as usual we will see them go to another prem club and flourish

If we really have  all these players who are too good for the championship, why is that's where we're headed? If they were that good, we wouldn't find ourselves in the shit.

To clarify what I meant, these players will not play for us in the Championship, whether that's because they are too good, think they're too good or other teams think they're good enough for the Premier League, I can only guess. But the players we'll be left with are the ones nobody else wants & on the whole these are the players that cost us points week after week.

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2015, 05:22:37 PM »
Sorry, messed up there. I was thinking this as once relegation was confirmed (which of course won't be January).

But it will wont be far off unless we start picking up points before then................

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2015, 05:38:17 PM »
I think we need to start preparing the Squad now to get out of the Championship.
That means a clear out of all the players that will not want to play there.
Add that to the crap we are carrying and there will not be many of the current squad left.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2015, 06:53:23 PM »
He's no world beater, but gabby in the championship might work.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2015, 08:54:41 AM »
I think we need to start preparing the Squad now to get out of the Championship.
Add that to the crap we are carrying and there will not be many of the current squad left.

How about waiting to see if it actually happens and not in November?

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2015, 09:01:58 AM »

If we fail to win the next two that leaves us on 5 points after 16 games so I am really struggling to see us getting 33 points from 22 games or 1.5 points per game (top 8 form), which is incidentally is the same amount of points we have taken from the last 48 games

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 09:19:48 AM by oswald funkletrumpet »

Offline Clampy

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2015, 01:42:44 PM »

If we fail to win the next two that leaves us on 5 points after 16 games so I am really struggling to see us getting 33 points from 22 games or 1.5 points per game (top 8 form), which is incidentally is the same amount of points we have taken from the last 48 games

Don't get me wrong, it's not looking great (which is an understatement, I know) but if the fans start thinking we're down in November, then we might as well not play any more games and give up.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2015, 01:53:37 PM »

Because if we leave it too late we will have uninterested players and a wage bill that is unsustainable in the Championship which will then restrict the transfer activity needed to get us out of there. Or we could do the wishfull thinking bit and be the next Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2015, 01:55:38 PM »

Because if we leave it too late we will have uninterested players and a wage bill that is unsustainable in the Championship which will then restrict the transfer activity needed to get us out of there. Or we could do the wishfull thinking bit and be the next Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday.

So you're suggesting we start planning to move players on already?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2015, 02:00:05 PM »

yes,sadly Saturday confirmed we are toast.
We should certainly be planning for it as that squad will not get us out of the Championship.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2015, 02:12:18 PM »

yes,sadly Saturday confirmed we are toast.
We should certainly be planning for it as that squad will not get us out of the Championship.

Personally, i'd rather see us make a fist of staying in the league rather than your approach of waving the white flag.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2015, 02:18:09 PM »
I comfort myself by thinking Gestede was Andy's replacement and were still on the lookout to replace Benteke, small comfort I know.

and he could actually be in the prem next season and our club not. who would believe that.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »
I'd take Gabby to the glue factory on the 1st of January.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2015, 02:32:27 PM »
The manager has only been in place for 3 games. Might be a bit soon to be booking coaches to Huddersfield.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2015, 02:34:04 PM »
I'd take Gabby to the glue factory on the 1st of January.

You'd wait That Long?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal