collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Albrighton  (Read 11580 times)

Offline enigma

Re: Albrighton
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2015, 06:48:50 PM »
I really wish we'd kept him. Was really surprised at how many on here were happy to see him go when Lambert sold him. No surprise to see what a bit of coaching, patience and perseverance can do.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2015, 07:48:26 PM »
Probably just needed a new manager.

For long periods, the managers he played under here would be quite one-dimensional in their play, insomuch as we'd have one way of attacking at any given point in time. If the flavour of their month at such point was "wingers", then that's what it was, and all the pressure would be on said winger to deliver. At Leicester, he's merely one cog in a balanced machine, something we've not played like since Barry left. I liked him, wished him well, and continue to do so. Circumstances dictated his departure, not him.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2015, 08:07:22 PM »
He wanted more than we were prepared to give at the time. As usual we got it wrong...
Another Lerner inspired decision.
I think that was Lambert.

I don't recall too many pissed off voices of dissent that we didn't try to match the reported £40K per week at the time.

Offline steffo

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 08:12:19 PM »
TSM1 & TSM2 believed in fullbacks providing width.

Leicester are where they are with width.

We are where we are after TSM1 signing Hutton to supply width.

TSM2 putting him the bomb squad, then letting a player who could naturally supply a cross see out the end of his contract because he wasn't defensive enough.

Albrighton leaves - Hutton recalled.

Leicester Top - Villa Bottom of the league.

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 09:45:56 PM »
He wanted more than we were prepared to give at the time. As usual we got it wrong...
Another Lerner inspired decision.
I think that was Lambert.

I don't recall too many pissed off voices of dissent that we didn't try to match the reported £40K per week at the time.

This... There weren't many who were sad to see him go on here....
IMO a decent player who even at the wages stated would have been a bargain as if he hadn't developed we could have probably sold him for a couple of million

Offline conman

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 10:27:15 PM »
just remembered i seen him at the cock in wishaw ,,,,,,,,,gonna post it in the claim to fame thread

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2015, 10:30:20 PM »
Anyone ever thought of putting together an 11 of current players we got rid of because they weren't good enough?

Offline LTA

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2015, 10:34:50 PM »
Cant believe we weren't prepared to give this guy a new deal, but thought Agbonlahor and Westwood merited them.

Offline conman

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2015, 10:39:50 PM »
best crosser of the ball we had  since ray graydon

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2015, 10:41:55 PM »
Marc is from us and a product of our academy and I wish him all the best however no one argued about the decision to let him go when we did so there is no need to slag off the club over it.

Offline conman

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2015, 10:42:52 PM »
Marc is from us and a product of our academy and I wish him all the best however no one argued about the decision to let him go when we did so there is no need to slag off the club over it.
i didnt want him to go

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2015, 10:48:31 PM »
i didnt want him to go

Do you want him to comma back?

Offline conman

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2015, 10:51:10 PM »
i didnt want him to go

yeah ,, i think if nigel pearson had got the villa job ,, albrighton would have been top of his shopping list ,,
but Leicester wouldnt sell him would they

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2015, 11:24:12 PM »
i didnt want him to go

yeah ,, i think if nigel pearson had got the villa job ,, albrighton would have been top of his shopping list ,,
but Leicester wouldnt sell him would they

That'll be the Nigel Pearson who barely played him? 9 starts and a few sub appearances if I heard the commentator correctly yesterday.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2015, 11:33:00 PM »
That season under Lambert where we looked safe by February and then barely picked up another point to survive...Albrighton was our one creative spark. Even then, Lambert didn't seem to realise to play both Albrighton and a target man in the same team so when he did put some good crosses in, there was nobody there. It's been one fuck up after another for years now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal