collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Mister E
[Today at 12:03:48 PM]

Fog stopped play by mamuu
[Today at 12:02:11 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Dogtanian
[Today at 12:02:04 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 11:57:29 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Mister E
[Today at 11:54:13 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 11:44:42 AM]

NSWE Investment by eamonn
[Today at 11:23:45 AM]

Liverpool by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:08:34 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Mister E
[Today at 12:03:48 PM]

Re: Fog stopped play by mamuu
[Today at 12:02:11 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Dogtanian
[Today at 12:02:04 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by KNVillan
[Today at 12:01:03 PM]

Re: Fog stopped play by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:00:19 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 11:57:29 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by SamTheMouse
[Today at 11:57:15 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by sid1964
[Today at 11:56:55 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Klitschko v Fury  (Read 11575 times)

Online tomd2103

Re: Klitschko v Fury
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2015, 09:28:27 AM »
Well it wasn't particularity entertaining was it? Why did Klitchko not throw any punches? Looking at him it was hard to see how he has dominated for so long!

As others have said both him and his brother have used a tactic of 'resting' on their opponent jabbing well to stop them getting close (and then throwing the big punches when the other guy gets tired).  That doesn't work on a guy who's fitter, taller and has a longer reach.  On top of that I'm not convinced that Klitschko was 'right'; I don't know if he didn't take Fury seriously, was a bit under the weather, Fury got in his head or he is just too old for it (he's 39 after all) but he just seem as prepared or focused as he normally is.

Maybe a bit of all that, but due to his size Fury was also able negate his main weapon - the jab.  Once that was gone, we saw there was little else.  I see the rematch clause has been activated and Wembley has been mentioned.  Can't see it selling out Wembley to be honest.  Etihad might be a more realistic venue.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2015, 01:11:44 PM »
Well it wasn't particularity entertaining was it? Why did Klitchko not throw any punches? Looking at him it was hard to see how he has dominated for so long!

As others have said both him and his brother have used a tactic of 'resting' on their opponent jabbing well to stop them getting close (and then throwing the big punches when the other guy gets tired).  That doesn't work on a guy who's fitter, taller and has a longer reach.  On top of that I'm not convinced that Klitschko was 'right'; I don't know if he didn't take Fury seriously, was a bit under the weather, Fury got in his head or he is just too old for it (he's 39 after all) but he just seem as prepared or focused as he normally is.

Maybe a bit of all that, but due to his size Fury was also able negate his main weapon - the jab.  Once that was gone, we saw there was little else.  I see the rematch clause has been activated and Wembley has been mentioned.  Can't see it selling out Wembley to be honest.  Etihad might be a more realistic venue.

I mentioned his jab and mentioned that Fury negated it, I've put them in bold.  I think it was a combination of a bunch of things but I also think that Klitschko is focusing on 1-2 of the extra bits at the end of my post as the problem which is why they've called the rematch so quickly.  Cynics will say it's all about the big payday but I'm not so sure, I think he really wants to retire at the top like his brother and this is the only chance for that to happen.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2015, 10:12:41 PM »
I love tyson fury

He won't love you back the big homophobic twat.

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2015, 11:12:53 PM »
I love tyson fury

He won't love you back the big homophobic twat.

It's alright though, he doesn't need to be clever. Let him believe what he wants to believe (God help he expresses his homophobic outdated views on here though).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal