collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:10:56 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:10:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clampy
[Today at 10:01:36 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:00:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Richard E
[Today at 10:00:37 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Gareth
[Today at 09:57:19 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by brian green
[Today at 09:55:02 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Now, this is a tricky looking job.  (Read 5351 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Now, this is a tricky looking job.
« on: November 24, 2015, 10:25:00 PM »
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/86753715?trk=vsrp_jobs_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A1377261291448398133536%2CVSRPtargetId%3A86753715%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary

Basically, "how to make us look good".

The role requires a strong commercial focus to develop the Club’s CRM function and drive sales across ticketing, hospitality, retail and partnerships through a clear creative strategy. The successful applicant will have experience of managing a consumer brand and growing key performance metrics, through a disciplined measurement and review process.

Day one.

Strategy to drive ticket sales: "win some fucking games", "stop being so SHIT", "start to succeed in distinguishing arse from elbow".
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:26:36 PM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline The Left Side

Re: Now, this is a tricky looking job.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 10:29:17 PM »
Start by doing the basics right, no more stupid PR mess-ups such as the welcome Remy, badge-kissing snake episode and Tom Cleverly image. No more obvious messages about how the team cannot wait for Saturday after our latest defeat and then we are heading in the right direction.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 10:32:22 PM »
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/86753715?trk=vsrp_jobs_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A1377261291448398133536%2CVSRPtargetId%3A86753715%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary

Basically, "how to make us look good".

The role requires a strong commercial focus to develop the Club’s CRM function and drive sales across ticketing, hospitality, retail and partnerships through a clear creative strategy. The successful applicant will have experience of managing a consumer brand and growing key performance metrics, through a disciplined measurement and review process.

Day one.

Strategy to drive ticket sales: "win some fucking games", "stop being so SHIT", "start to succeed in distinguishing arse from elbow".

A rhetorical question by its nature, but  how is the "Head of Marketing and Brand" supposed to achieve those aims, which are clearly beyond his "aegis" and also de facto ultra vires?

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 10:37:48 PM »
"The successful applicant will have experience of managing a Championship brand and growing key performance metrics, through a disciplined measurement and review process."

There, I fixed it for them.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 10:51:01 PM »
Must not have a fear of heights, not own a passport and be able to travel to Rotherham on a Tuesday night.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 10:57:40 PM »
The unsuccessful applicants will not receive the courtesy of an acknowledgement of their application.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 10:58:11 PM »
"Aston Villa Football Club, established in 1874, was one of the founders of the football league in 1888 and a founding member of the Premier League in 1992. Aston Villa’s matches were watched by more than 130 million people last season and it the Club has millions of followers around the world..."

I've said before and I'll say it again, our unique selling point, the cornerstone of our brand, should be that we are the creators of league football.  William McGregor could be marketed as the W.G. Grace of the game and his image could be used in so many commercial ways if the Club was savvy enough.  (Obviously this would be more easily achieved if it was done on the back of purposeful, strategic investment and successful team performance.) 

It really does get on my goat (is that the right term?), to put it mildly, that the Club seems to gloss over all this and lump us in with the other eleven clubs, when we actually came up with the whole idea. I just can't get my head around it - shout it from the roof tops, let every know, even if they don't want to know.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:00:20 PM by Billy Walker »

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 11:52:52 PM »
"Aston Villa Football Club, established in 1874, was one of the founders of the football league in 1888 and a founding member of the Premier League in 1992. Aston Villa’s matches were watched by more than 130 million people last season and it the Club has millions of followers around the world..."

I've said before and I'll say it again, our unique selling point, the cornerstone of our brand, should be that we are the creators of league football.  William McGregor could be marketed as the W.G. Grace of the game and his image could be used in so many commercial ways if the Club was savvy enough.  (Obviously this would be more easily achieved if it was done on the back of purposeful, strategic investment and successful team performance.) 

It really does get on my goat (is that the right term?), to put it mildly, that the Club seems to gloss over all this and lump us in with the other eleven clubs, when we actually came up with the whole idea. I just can't get my head around it - shout it from the roof tops, let every know, even if they don't want to know.

Apart from us, I don't think anyone cares anymore.

Offline KRS

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 03:19:02 AM »
May be the successful candidate can push for getting rid of this crap badge we have now.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 05:13:12 AM »
that's just the sort of corporate speak that makes me want to cut off my own feet and eat them.

Online Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 12:37:00 PM »

Apart from us, I don't think anyone cares anymore.

I was talking to a Coventry/Man U ( I know...) fan the other day and he was astounded to know Villa started the world's first Football League. We should bear our heritage more proudly I think.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 12:52:02 PM »
The Job Description reads like this:

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 12:53:26 PM »
One consideration should be to stop posting images of how our players are getting the better of or battling with opposition players to social media during football matches that you being thrashed in.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 12:54:22 PM »
If I had the job, my first meeting about a marketing strategy would be with the manager, and I'd tell him to win some matches. The marketing would then be a much easier job.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 01:16:35 PM »
Who is the outgoing Head of Marketing? Approving yet another image with the legend ''Fight like lions'' must have made them question their honour and integrity with an inevitable conclusion.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal