collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Security Statement  (Read 13778 times)

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
Re: Security Statement
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 12:33:36 PM »
and don't think Aston Villa V Watford will be high profile game enough for them. Have ISIS ever attacked in UK yet. Just asking.

Hands up who'd heard of The Eagles of Death Metal this time two weeks ago.

Errrr - me...

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 12:48:13 PM »
and don't think Aston Villa V Watford will be high profile game enough for them. Have ISIS ever attacked in UK yet. Just asking.

Errrr - me...

Not quite the point I was making. I will rephrase. If a relatively obscure band and their 1,500 fans can present a target then surely a relatively famous team and their 30,000 fans present a more high profile target.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 01:30:19 PM »

Errrr - me...

Not quite the point I was making. I will rephrase. If a relatively obscure band and their 1,500 fans can present a target then surely a relatively famous team and their 30,000 fans present a more high profile target.

Or maybe a modest congregation of people would only warrant limited security and caution and thus poses an easier target. They tend to hit when our guard is down rather than when we are all on high alert. They take advantage of complacency. That said, and sadly, if they want to do some damage its almost impossible to stop them irrespective of the attention we might be paying.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 02:19:05 PM »

People sat having a drink, eating pizza, watching a band are they high profile enough? They like 'soft' targets.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 02:58:56 PM »
Sorry to say but, there are not too many more soft targets than our team at the moment!!

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 05:56:33 PM »
If anything does happen just pelt them with the hot dogs and burgers from the van on trinity road opposite the Holte

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 06:01:33 PM »
As long as they don't attempt the same security measures they put in place for the Rugby World Cup games at VP - I've never seen such a shambles!

That said, if we lose on Saturday I might wish I had been stopped from getting in to the ground!

Offline peter w

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 06:02:39 PM »
Yeah they'd rather die than have greasy pork thrown at them.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 06:13:42 PM »

Errrr - me...

Rather than a band or a restaurant, the target was Paris. Lyon, for example, wouldn't have had quite as big an impact on the wider world. Likewise, Birmingham would represent far less bang for the terrorists' buck, if you'll excuse the pun, than London.

Offline conman

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2015, 05:21:11 AM »
a person wearing a suicide belt that wants to commit suicide and kill a few others at a premier league ground  doesnt need to get inside the stadium
Now that the club has publicly said get there for half 2 ,he or she can just join the  big queues at 2.30 ,,,,,and detonate the belt when near the front

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2015, 08:30:49 AM »
a person wearing a suicide belt that wants to commit suicide and kill a few others at a premier league ground  doesnt need to get inside the stadium
Now that the club has publicly said get there for half 2 ,he or she can just join the  big queues at 2.30 ,,,,,and detonate the belt when near the front

The club probably assumes a lot of people will ignore the 2.30 request so rather than the current state where there are huge queues 10 minutes before kick off they're probably expecting this request will spread the crowd out over the hour before kick off and therefore reduce the queues.

Offline curlytailavfc

• www.friendsofakitas.co.uk
  • GM : 26.02.2019
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2015, 08:49:16 AM »

I had heard of them before many of the players we signed in the summer

I saw them at Glastonbury Festival in 2009.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2015, 09:00:03 AM »

The club probably assumes a lot of people will ignore the 2.30 request so rather than the current state where there are huge queues 10 minutes before kick off they're probably expecting this request will spread the crowd out over the hour before kick off and therefore reduce the queues.

It's actually to reduce the attendance. They don't want to sell us tickets.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2015, 11:23:26 AM »

I had, because.......

a) They have a very silly name
b) due to a) I listened to their album and discovered that they're not very good

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2015, 11:27:16 AM »
I wonder if the stewards at sport/entertainment events are now being paid extra money because the added perceived risk in their jobs ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal