collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Open message to Mr Lerner  (Read 7316 times)

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
Re: Open message to Mr Lerner
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2015, 02:06:47 PM »

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2015, 03:29:03 PM »
Mr Lerner,  After the result at Everton I decided to cheer myself up  a little by watching a few clips of our club in better times, and something happened while I was watching those clips that prompted me to write this message to you, I will refer back to this later. Now, I wasn't lusting after the glory days by watching cup finals and famous victories, just ordinary games on ordinary days, some of which we won, some of which we didn't but what became very apparent was just what you have taken from our club and it's wonderful supporters. I know your immediate response to this would be regarding finance, because it seems to me the only thing that you value is the dollar,and it is true that financially we aren't competing any more but what you have stripped from this club is worth  more than any amount of money. The reason that English football is so special is that coursing through the veins of every club, from the biggest in the premier league, to the non league teams playing in front of 50 fans, are qualities such as heart, passion, soul, pride, commitment, courage, desire and a sheer bloody minded will to do the absolute best for our club. Every one of these qualities you have taken from us leaving us with an empty shell of a club with it seems, no way forward. I know that you don't understand these things, and I know that you care even less, but every day you remain in control of this club plunges the knife a little further into the heart of every supporter who damn well does understand and damn well cares even more.
  So, what happened, while I was watching thaose clips that prompted me to write this message ?. Well, Mr Lerner, I am a 17 stone truck driver, an ex military man and not given to being over emotional, but in front of me while I watched was my note pad, on which i was absent mindedly doodling as I watched. After a while I looked down and that note pad was tear stained. That is what you have done to my club, it isn't so much the results, although they are bad enough, it is the total destruction of  the heart and soul of this club that is so devastating.
  If you were to give this club away for nothing I have no doubt that you and your family won't struggle to meet next months mortgage payments or put food on your table, so get what you can for it and let it go to someone that understands what we are about and let us begin the long road of repairing the huge amount of damage that you have done.
  If you have one shred of decency in you, then go and go now, and you can sit back and enjoy the hundreds of millions of Dollars that mean so much to you.

Yeah, I reckon that'll swing it.

I was eating an apple as I read this letter and now tears have fallen upon my Granny. 

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2015, 03:58:48 PM »
Letters that contain phrases like "one shred of decency" should really be written in green ink.

Or underlined ;)

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2015, 04:14:10 PM »
Whenever I read the term 'open letter' my first thought is how did the author muster enough energy to stop cry-wanking to write it.

As for the subject matter, Lerner is trying to sell. He's not malicious just very naive.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2015, 04:44:05 PM »
Not dissimilar from some of the apologists that used to pop up during the Ellis reign. I often reflect on that as I think about the fortune he ripped out of the club whilst preaching parsimony on the spending front.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2015, 06:51:11 PM »
What isn't different?

Offline Taylor

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2015, 08:26:24 PM »
Whilst I don't blame Learner completely for our current plight I do wish he'd turn up to a game occasionally.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2015, 08:40:43 PM »
All my thoughts and prayers are with Manxman tonight.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2015, 08:48:19 PM »
There's little point going bat shit crazy on Lerner. Yes he's a big ninny whose business acumen comes into question through his involvement with us. It is a simplitic view but he got his fingers burnt early in his tenure by allowing Pubehead impunity to fritter his money away. He's trying to do what's best for him and us but the arse has fallen out of the market and as a result we spiral towards a footballing nadir not becoming a club of our stature. Suck it up until an eventual change for the better. Whenever that will be.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:52:36 PM by Tayls_7 »

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2015, 09:04:43 PM »
He's the custodian of this great club. A total shambles for 5 years. The absent silent landlord. Oh well, he'll pay big time come May.....

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2015, 09:06:24 PM »
He's the custodian of this great club. A total shambles for 5 years. The absent silent landlord. Oh well, he'll pay big time come May.....

You almost sound like you want him to.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2015, 09:07:13 PM »
Cry-wanking....back in a minute x

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal