collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Left back till Jan  (Read 14238 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Left back till Jan
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »
Would anyone take Ashley Cole in January?

Absolutely. No doubt a wanker, but as a player what he would bring is mountains of experience and leadership. He's not the player was off course so we cannot expect that, but considering our likely options will be Cissokho and Richardson, Cole today is 10 times the player they are. Wages will be a stumbling block but it depends on how much he wants to play in the PL again one more time. If he is motivated and generally that has never been an issue with him as a player he'll be a positive asset at a time when we will need all the help we can get.

I think I'd rather we give Cissokho a chance, I think he's a better player than we've seen and working with a decent coaching team he may be competent cover for now, certainly can't be worse that Richardson who is a truly terrible fullback.

He'll be back at the club no doubt. But as cover to Cole I'd be fine with that. But if we are hoping for him to be the answer until next season it is just asking for trouble.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2015, 03:34:53 PM »
Agree about giving Cissokho a chance if we can get him back from Porto in January (shouldn't be a problem as he's hardly played for them). Apparently he played for Garde at Lyon so he may get more out of him than other managers have done. Wouldn't be overly averse to Cole either. Anyone but Richardson tbh

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2015, 03:40:28 PM »
If Cissoko isn't playing I'd be inclined to take him back regardless - and if we can take Cole as well for six months why not.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2015, 04:57:58 PM »
Would anyone take Ashley Cole in January?

Absolutely. No doubt a wanker, but as a player what he would bring is mountains of experience and leadership. He's not the player was off course so we cannot expect that, but considering our likely options will be Cissokho and Richardson, Cole today is 10 times the player they are. Wages will be a stumbling block but it depends on how much he wants to play in the PL again one more time. If he is motivated and generally that has never been an issue with him as a player he'll be a positive asset at a time when we will need all the help we can get.

I think I'd rather we give Cissokho a chance, I think he's a better player than we've seen and working with a decent coaching team he may be competent cover for now, certainly can't be worse that Richardson who is a truly terrible fullback.

Also, didn't he play for Garde at Lyon.  Buying somebody to fill this position is not the best way of spending limited funds in my opinion when, hopefully, Amavi will be back next season.  The only other option would be to bring somebody in on loan.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal