collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Left back till Jan  (Read 14241 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: Left back till Jan
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2015, 04:03:43 PM »
I'd move Richards over to right back, put Okore in at centre half and give Crespo a go at left back. I'd give some serious consideration to giving Bunn a run in the side too.

All of this.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2015, 04:12:54 PM »
SWitching Hutton to left back would be an epic fail, they tried it last season with disastrous consequences.
Personally, I'd go with three centre backs.
I don't think we can recall Bennet or Cissokho in January but if we could get Cissokho back.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2015, 04:23:31 PM »

I know which one I'm picking

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2015, 06:56:06 PM »
I'd go for this kid Suliman at left back - someone with the confidence of youth. I'd look to play someone ahead of him whom we can trust, both in attack and tracking-back; perhaps Sinclair, short-term (Shit, I'd even play Richardson ahead of the FB if he has to be in the team at all; but I'm not advocating it).
Alongside the kid, we'd need a quick CB - which may mean Ilori.

Question is: who is actually fit to play? - Okore? Ilori? Crespo?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2015, 07:20:08 PM »
Liam Kinsella all the way.
Look at Everton they could have bottled it loosing Leighton Baines , they took a gamble on Brendan Galloway and its paid off.

There is one drawback to that. Galloway didn't walk into a team who were low on confidence and bottom on the table. It would be a big ask to be honest.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2015, 08:01:19 PM »
I think I would play Amavi on one leg! The only one of that defence who deserves credit at the moment is Hutton who gives 110% each and every game. Richards
gets caught out of position far too many times. We are so desperate at the moment I would go with Guzan, Richards Hutton,Clark and Lescott It might work but then again it probably wouldn't!

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2015, 08:18:01 PM »
Liam Kinsella all the way.
Look at Everton they could have bottled it loosing Leighton Baines , they took a gamble on Brendan Galloway and its paid off.

There is one drawback to that. Galloway didn't walk into a team who were low on confidence and bottom on the table. It would be a big ask to be honest.
I take it you mean Lewis Kinsella?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2015, 08:37:55 PM »
Ilori or Crespo. Or a tub of lard. Just not Richardson. He was shocking against Everton.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2015, 09:41:37 PM »
Yes.. Lewis. We need to gamble. All the others are known to be shit.

Online nigel

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2015, 10:09:46 PM »
I would play Hutton left back and Richards right back. Being totally out of position is nowhere near as bad as being totally useless.

As a right back Hutton never goes past the defender to cross the ball, so if on the left when he cuts in he'll at least have the option to shoot.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2015, 10:35:53 PM »
footyskilz - You have N'zogbia listed twice.

I'd go for Hutton with Richards at right back and Okore next to Clark.

Sorry can we amend that so only one Charlie n'zogbia!

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2015, 10:38:57 PM »
As others have said, play Kinsella and if he bombs he would be no worse than Richardson. This is the second game Richardson has cost us three goals in a game, he did the same against QPR last season.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2015, 10:47:22 PM »
We might have to stay with Richardson, I remember his car crash performance against QPR last season but he turned it around reasonably in later games

Richardson looks over weight and unfit generally, Lescott looks even more overweight, slow and unfit

Think unfortunately our best bet is to play Richardson but with a player that puts a shift in ahead of him so Sinclair or Ayew

Grealish doesnt try a leg defensively and is a real problem for us now as he isnt good enough to play behind the front man (Spurs away no-show)

We arent able to give Grealish a run on the left wing now due to how poor our options are at left back

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2015, 10:47:32 PM »
Lescott with Richardson ahead of him. Would mean solid if experienced left side. I would be interested to see ilori or Crespo there but what's needed for sure is solidarity. Perhaps this option in away matches or tougher teams.
Do need an attacking threat on the sides and that's something needs to be looked at.
Sinclair , gabby or even nzogbia would prob show more in a protective sense that grealish and all are quicker.
Its a tricky one but lescott using his experience and Ariel ability hopefully can do a job comfortably
I think bacuna played left back or left sided previous seasons intermittently. I even think he may have scored against Leicester or WBA from that side

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2015, 11:11:20 PM »
Personally, I'd go with three centre backs.

Could be an option.  Richards, Okore and Clark might work. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal