collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

150 celebrations by Risso
[Today at 06:00:21 PM]

NSWE Investment by Bad English
[Today at 05:55:04 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Bad English
[Today at 05:51:14 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by murfee
[Today at 05:44:50 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by Caribbeanvillan
[Today at 05:40:22 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by algy
[Today at 05:23:00 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Smithy
[Today at 05:21:40 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dogtanian
[Today at 05:15:20 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Very, extremely Press-ed off  (Read 9439 times)

Offline myf

Re: Very, extremely Press-ed off
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2015, 08:33:09 PM »
Potentially we are a much  bigger Club than  Everton - we have one thing  in common both clubs have a fickle fan base.  We really should be  punching at a much higher rate given the fact that we are the biggest team in the 2nd biggest British City.    I have always likened Everton to the unwashed, you don't seem to find  a lot of youngsters  supporting  either team, both live in the shadow of their more successful neighbour, both teams play in a dump, although Goodison was once a better than average stadium.

True both clubs  have financial constraints just that Everton manage theirs a hell of a lot better.  Just wait till the likes of Coleman, Stones, Lukaku have their heads turned, it will be like a swimmer struggling to turn in deep water.

We are in proper trouble no doubt, but it is  a unique issue postmarked to  B6 - don't really go alone with comparisons to other clubs.

As for  other managers Garde would not have been my first choice neither was Sherwood but that's the hand  we have been dealt lets just get on with it.  We could have Bertie Mee, Bill Shankly, Busby  Mercer when he was successful we would struggle with nil investment.

cant see any comparison between everton and blues myself. I always see more of their fans in Liverpool when visiting. Much bigger crowds in a poor city. I actually like their ground as well. Prefer a trip there than an field

Offline myf

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2015, 08:38:34 PM »
Out of interest, what is the second most played top flight fixture? Is there a possibility us v everton will be overtaken  in the next year or so if the unthinkable happens?

Online Karlos96

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2015, 09:08:20 PM »
Out of interest, what is the second most played top flight fixture? Is there a possibility us v everton will be overtaken  in the next year or so if the unthinkable happens?

Second most is Everton vs Liverpool.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2015, 11:32:44 PM »
Very good article, Dave, and all depressingly true

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2015, 01:56:48 AM »
Everton are nothing like small heath. 9 titles, 5 FA Cups and CWC. Only once since the end of WWI have they averaged less than 20K.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2015, 05:58:09 AM »
Really can't see us beating Watford, that's how low expectations are now. A complete disaster under Mr Lerner. I can Villa doing a Wolves and dropping straight through to League one. Club is bereft of any heart or passion.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2015, 09:48:32 AM »
Really can't see us beating Watford, that's how low expectations are now. A complete disaster under Mr Lerner. I can Villa doing a Wolves and dropping straight through to League one. Club is bereft of any heart or passion.
Little ray of sunshine

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2015, 10:39:20 AM »

That's nothing, I can see us dropping out of the league altogether, filing for bankruptcy and Villa Park being sold for landfill.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2015, 12:24:31 PM »

That's nothing, I can see us dropping out of the league altogether, filing for bankruptcy and Villa Park being sold for landfill.

Pfft.

I think our descent will be so rapid it will warp space and time itself, cause a tear in the space time continuum, and propel us into a parrallel universe where Birmingham City are the most decorated team in the land.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2015, 12:46:37 PM »

Pfft.

I think our descent will be so rapid it will warp space and time itself, cause a tear in the space time continuum, and propel us into a parrallel universe where Birmingham City are the most decorated team in the land.

I was with you all the way until you came up with that ridiculous stuff about Birmingham City,
 I mean that's just far fetched

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2015, 01:21:08 PM »

Rubbish,we will file for bankruptcy,get bought by Honk Kong Hairdresser, be merged with the filth and Villa Park will be sold to ISIS

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal