collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Where has the soul gone?  (Read 8307 times)

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
Re: Where has the soul gone?
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2015, 01:14:29 AM »
Where has the soul of the club gone, it probably started with Ellis who after stating categorically that no one person would ever own Ason Villa then went and did the opposite and made a fortune, no doubt he loves the Villa but he loves money more. Then we had a new owner who new nothing of the workings of the premier league had a history of failure at a previous sporting club and proceeded to give a lot of money to a succession of poor managers who paid a fortune for in the majority not very good players.
We are left with a dysfuntional club whos players appear to readily accept defeat, they have become de-sensitised to the embarrassment while the owner, only too happy to be at Villa Park in the early promising days now hides away from the fans and the smell that hangs over a once great club.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2015, 01:31:44 AM »
I read the posts with interests but hope. If only coz the spirit showed against man city shows something. Granted for too long there's been a somewhat lifelessness but against man city and the start of first and second half  Everton there was some organization and some spirit. That one win will do everything for the players. Watford at home is a catalyst as well as decent fixtures coming up. Realistically man city and Everton games nothing more than a point expected and that was prob v Everton. So who is to say what can happen. Will it be a case villa solid at home but now weak in travels ? I really see where we are all coming from and actually its not reactionary to the lifeless Everton display its the build up of the average and barely satisfactory results . This coupler with performances less than satisfaction means where's the optimism . The going thru the motions seems to be the ownership rather than the managers at least initially. Then what appears to happen is it seeps to the coaching and playing side of things. The vibrancy we wish for may not come more than short term until new ownership and investment are in place. I think that's one thing is clear for all to see.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2015, 01:33:04 AM »
Sorry to be a complete misery arse Footy but there was very little organisation or spirit against Everton, as soon as the first goal went in the heads dropped and they gave up. We were steamrollered.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2015, 01:35:20 AM »
Organization ? Allowances for 10 mins at start of each half? I don't want to let go of my straws

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2015, 09:19:23 AM »
I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

That applies to the sentiment of the OP, but hopefully not Aston Villa Football Club.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2015, 07:02:15 PM »
I'd  have the Greek in my goal - as barmy as Burridge would make a  good keeper.

Foxy and the steamers in defence well they are getting on - would be in the referee's face all night.

C-crew in midfield and up front  they always  went the xtra  mile

Danny would be the manager good organiser - see clay oven.

Doubt we would have 11 on the pitch by half time though. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal