collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next 6 games  (Read 6272 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Next 6 games
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 09:23:16 AM »
10 points.

Wins against Watford, Newcastle and Norwich, with a draw at home to West Ham.

Offline russon

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 09:37:33 AM »
Even the fixture list is laughing at us.
lovin' that Lee!

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 09:43:51 AM »

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 09:45:07 AM »
If we won 3 out of the next 6, we'd be on 14 points from 19 games, which would give us a fighting chance of staying up as averaging around a point per game is normally enough. The problem is, we don't look like beating anybody at the moment, we need to see a completely different Villa next Saturday.

Offline Ads

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 09:48:21 AM »
We're low on confidence, the players are low on confidence and the only cure is a win. Its on Garde to get that fluky of a cows arse goal in a 1-0 win to set us up.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 09:50:09 AM »
1 point.

Offline Boz

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 10:15:14 AM »
Watford look to have the perfect away set up - solid at the back and pace up front ready to exploit a clueless backline who come under pressure after the players in front of them run out of ideas 20 mins in. A must win but certainly not confident. Newcastle and Norwich are other stand out fixtures. We then need a rabbit out of the bag in one of the others. Not going to happen is it?

Watford, a club with a manager new to English football and he's got them organised and playing pretty well, so we have to hope Remi will achieve the same, but he needs some help in the January window and for the current squad to get their fingers out and play like they believe in the club.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 12:05:45 PM »

Watford, a club with a manager new to English football and he's got them organised and playing pretty well, so we have to hope Remi will achieve the same, but he needs some help in the January window and for the current squad to get their fingers out and play like they believe in the club.

Gave Manure a game on Saturday and only lost when they turned into us to let in a last-gasp OG
We may beat them but I don't see any games now as ones we will "kickstart" from - if we stay up it will be by scrabbling for points here and there and the other teams around us being crap

Dear Gods what a shambles

Offline Ads

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 12:06:48 PM »
I for one will always see Watford at home as a game we should win. On this occasion I also see it as a game where we need to win.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 12:51:09 PM »
Like a lot of others, I was so encouraged by our performance against Ģiteh that, I fell into the trap of thinking that we may have turned the corner. However, having played football for more years that I like to remember, the biggest thing I forgot was that to win a match you have to score!!! Sadly, that is two games now that we have not really mustered even what you could call a real shot on goal so, from having gotten myself thinking how many points we were going to accumulate in the next 6 matches, I now can't see us winning another match until Remi ditches the normal Villa Manager problem of dropping players that have had a fantastic game and, replacing them with the tried and tested failures like Westwood & Richardson et al. Just what is it at the moment about our Club - do they really want to get relegated???? Does Randy think that because it's called "The Championship" that, somehow it is a higher league than the Premier League??? I really am begining to wonder as, it doesn't seem to matter who our manager is, they all revert to type and, off we go again, no shots, no points in basic terms - fuck all!!!

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2015, 01:04:47 PM »
Let's be honest - if we don't beat Watford at home we are soon going to be needing Champions League qualifying results, and after watching that performance on Saturday I wouldn't put 50p on either.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2015, 01:08:40 PM »
I think Saturday is the day we will see what this team is made of. Very winnable fixture, you'd like to think the players will be drilled hard all week in what is expected Saturday and what formation we will play, no confusing selections or trying to be clever and we will see exactly what the signings have got in them.

Personally I now think we'll sink and will draw Saturday 1-1.

Offline Dan England

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2015, 01:31:00 PM »
I think the impact of not winning vs Watford on Saturday will psychologically relegate us. The confidence is already at rock bottom, with no momentum to carry into Saints and Arsenal we could end up being on 5 points from 15 games. You do not recover from there.

Offline paul richard

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2015, 07:36:22 PM »
To give ourselves any sort of chance we will need to be on or around 38 pts.  Hence we need 33 pts from the remaining 25 games.  That's 9 wins and 6 draws, and still allows for another 10 defeats.  It's do-able, and those 9 wins could realistically be:  Watford x 2, Newcastle x 2, Norwich x 2, Sunderland away, Bournemouth home and, say, Albion away.  A clutch of draws against the likes of West Ham, Palace etc.  Hence Watford on Saturday is a genuine must win.  Nothing else will do.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2015, 08:13:44 PM »
Traore scored a brace in a closed 90 minute game today against Fleetwood. And was apparently "different class" According to the Fleetwood manager. Okore-Kozak-Gardner-Sendeross also played .......

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal