collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ownership - Squad - Management ?  (Read 4526 times)

Offline alftitimus

Ownership - Squad - Management ?
« on: November 22, 2015, 04:57:20 AM »
When "Tactics" was first employed, I was rained down with abuse because I had the temerity to question that appointment. I was called everything from a scummer  downwards.

I posted as I believed.

6 months later....

ALL the  posters that insulted me ..changed their minds.

Tactics was a disaster they NOW  believed.

Well he was and is, but is £2mill better off now after scuttling the ship.
Lambert got a bigger pay-off, even suggesting to Lerner that he sacked him _ twice....Jeeez :'(

We now have a non-football CEO and a 'pumped-up' recruiter...
--anyone see their reactions sitting on either side of a Stoic Remi?
Juvenile and signalled to their employer reactions I feel.
Head in hands, Hands over eyes.... how childish from High-Ranking officials.
Passion -NO
Commitment - NO
Cameras - YES

Fox knows nothing about football, but he knows Wenger, whom he apparently consulted
- whether referenciing Remi of asking for tips - who knows ?
The 'teenager'  ;D... controlling recruitment is also Arsenal affiliated and would have probably got a list of 'potential' french prospects -- who knows ?

Either way they have saddled Remi with deadstone - imo

If you read the 'Match Threads' - full of hope everytime - brilliant.
Till 20 minutes and then you have the usual .."we are cr@p"...we are relegated".."honeymoon over" etc etc.

The recruited players are no good?
The Manager only has 25 matches left to get to 38 points?

Like Arsene Wenger, I think Remiis a fit for the Prem. As I didn't ever beliieve Sherwood was _ thank you abusers  ;D

It probably comes down to Randy - imo

Bad choice in CEO's ...TWICE
Bad choice in following their re-structure advice...like how many shirts is Fox going to sell when we are in the Championship? What Mega-million deals is he going to give Lerner ?

It probably comes down to Randy.

The Browns and now Us..... his supervision and interest is negligble...a spoilt child with a toy interest,

He inherited his wealth without lifting a finger..when he did raise a paw he destroyed an American Sport institution.
Got taken to the cleaners in a divorce and threw money at people who called him "Randy" and kissed his bottom (not literally)..from MON, through Lambert and Tactics. McLeish...to my mind, never went down that road of praise for Randy.

And I don't think Remi will either.

Remi has my support from Day One...'Tactics' never did...so thank you for the abuse all you "learned' footie fans.

Try going to a match now and again.

::)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Ownership - Squad - Management ?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 05:22:00 AM »
Who called you a scummer? As i've just searched and can't find that word used on any thread you have posted on.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 06:20:07 AM »
What a mish mash of random thoughts. If I recall correctly, many posters thought Sherwood was a poor appointment at the time - I was one of them. No one was getting abused.

But nobody can deny that he did a great job last season to keep us up considering the malaise he inherited and like others, I quite rightly ate some humble pie for that achievement alone.

These days, with all the managerial merry-go-rounds they just manage month to month not season to season.  Sherwood did well from the end of February to the end of April. That's all he needed to do in Lerners eyes as it kept us up.  May to October were shocking and he was rightly removed.  So who does that make right?  Those who were for or those who were against?

And many posters thought and still think Lerner is the biggest single problem that we have throughout all this period. Hardly out there thinking on H & V.

Not quite sure where your Martyr complex comes from to be honest.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 07:17:26 AM »
You were right about something-congratulations. What would you like as a prize?

You've made some valid points, but so have a large number of posters on here. Your frankly pompous, aggressive post will win you little favour on here. We're all frustrated, down, angry, but I don't see the point of your oddly written post. It's like a badly written, bullet point-laden plan for a boring power point presentation.

I'll send you my address here in Japan-you can then post me a pair of tickets for the Watford match, on you of course. Then I can experience that 'going to a match again' feeling, which I must endure before I can post an opinion valid enough for you.

You're obviously passionate about the Villa-that I respect. I just don't understand your pot shots at a great deal of people who love the same club that you do.

Offline myf

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 10:27:20 AM »
Have a medal

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 10:43:16 AM »
I've no idea what your point is, I was too distracted by the incredibly pompous up-your-own-arse way you delivered it.

I think if you look back to his appointment you'll find there were plenty of us saying it was an insane choice.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 10:52:59 AM »
I've no idea what your point is, I was too distracted by the incredibly pompous up-your-own-arse way you delivered it.

I think if you look back to his appointment you'll find there were plenty of us saying it was an insane choice.
Precisely. I was really happy with the appointment but felt I was in the minority

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 10:56:11 AM »

Precisely. I was really happy with the appointment but felt I was in the minority

Not that we need to drag it up again, but what qualities did you see in Sherwood which convinced you he was the man for the job?

I'll add that I'm hardly an expert - I wanted Lambert.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 11:00:01 AM »

Not that we need to drag it up again, but what qualities did you see in Sherwood which convinced you he was the man for the job?

I'll add that I'm hardly an expert - I wanted Lambert.
I saw him as the shot in the arm that we needed at the time. I was less sure of him long term however but thought he might have been good for us in a similar way that JG was

I got the former bit right but not the latter part.

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 11:06:22 AM »
I seem to remember a decent number of people being very underwhelmed by Tactics appointment, me included. I don't remember anyone taking abuse for it.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 11:13:06 AM »
I'm suspecting that the OP may have been hammered out of his mind when he wrote that. Anyway, i was pleased that we replaced Lambert and saw Sherwood as uninspiring but probably better than a few others that had been mentioned. I think Garde will make us better but i doubt it will happen in time to keep us up.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2015, 06:12:25 PM »
Please cite specific examples of any 'abuse' you might have been subjected to.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 06:18:07 PM »
Oh good, another one with a persecution complex. How's that crown of thorns?

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 06:55:24 PM »
Bulletised ramblings normally greet me on Monday mornings when I open my inbox at work.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 12:57:32 PM »
Try going to a match now and again.

::)

So you were abused by a bunch of people who never go to games?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal