collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:39:14 PM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:38:57 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:33:34 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:31:35 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by The Edge
[Today at 10:26:27 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:07:52 PM]

150 celebrations by curiousorange
[Today at 10:05:45 PM]

NSWE Investment by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:31:36 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: questions to Harry Redknapp  (Read 13558 times)

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
Re: questions to Harry Redknapp
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2015, 05:48:35 PM »
Does Harry find giving speeches difficult what with him being illiterate

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2015, 06:14:48 PM »
 Q-What's the difference between him and Starbucks
A- fuck all

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2015, 07:19:17 PM »
"Have you ever thought about taking a course to become a decent football manager?"

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2015, 07:22:43 PM »
Your head looks like a scrotum. Discuss.

Offline robwill1

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2015, 10:19:26 PM »
Out of all the clubs you have destroyed, which has been your favourite?

Offline robwill1

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2015, 10:20:41 PM »
Which of these do you love the most? Talking through car windows, taking bungs or twitching?

Offline robwill1

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2015, 10:21:35 PM »
What's the best way to teach a dog how to use a chequebook and calculator?

Offline robwill1

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2015, 10:23:34 PM »
How difficult was it going over Niagara Falls in a barrel dressed as a woman?

http://t.co/TtKdwkYRZX

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2015, 10:30:22 PM »
"Have you ever thought about taking a course to become a decent football manager?"

He wouldn't be able to read the textbooks.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2015, 10:30:22 PM »
Harry do you have a preference for any particular type of brown envelope or you willing to take any shade?

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2015, 10:31:07 PM »
Which did you enjoy reading in the original language the most, Proust or Dostoyevsky?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2015, 10:36:07 PM »
He may be a bit of a cock at times, but remember he went through this when taking the piss about him twitching or his scars. And the Brian he mentions is an ex Villa player, Brian Tiler.

I'm lucky to be here. I try not to think about it. On the night of June 30, 1990, a minibus in which I was travelling was involved in a head-on collision on a road near Latina, in the region of Lazio, near Rome.

I was sleeping in a passenger seat and had no idea of the horror that had occurred. My friend, Brian Tiler, was killed. So were the three teenage Italian soldiers in the other car.

I woke up in hospital with terrible injuries. Apparently, a sheet had been placed over my face at the scene of the accident with the presumption that I must be dead.

Another friend, Michael Sinclair, the former chairman of York City, had pulled me clear of the wreckage — I was soaked in petrol, and he feared an explosion.

I have no memory of it and am happy for it to stay that way. I went to sleep and the accident happened. I woke up in hospital. All I know is that I lost a wonderful pal in Brian, and a moment of recklessness cost three young men their lives.

The accident happened on one of those three-lane carriageways that are commonplace in Europe: a lane for traffic north, another for traffic south, and one in the middle for whoever is brave enough.

It was a bad road, notorious for accidents, and the three youngsters were on our side of it, attempting to overtake a vehicle at 90mph.

Losing Brian really affected me. I have had good relationships with a number of my bosses at football clubs, but there was never anyone quite like him.

He was Bournemouth’s chief executive and I liked his company. I miss our glasses of wine on a Friday night before the match. I couldn’t have had a better boss. I can’t remember whose idea it was to book a trip to the World Cup in Italy in 1990, but I wouldn’t call it work.

It was the holiday of a lifetime, really. There was no way Bournemouth could afford any of the players on show.

On the night of the crash we had seen Italy beat the Republic of Ireland and afterwards we stopped for a pizza at a little square around the corner from the Stadio Olimpico.

Some Irish fans joined us and we struck up a conversation about Gerry Peyton, who was my goalkeeper and Ireland’s second choice behind Pat Bonner.

Brian was anxious to go because we had to be up early the next morning to get to Naples, where England were playing Cameroon. I must have held us up about 10 minutes, chatting to these lads.

I often think about those 10 minutes. If we had gone when Brian wanted, he would still be here today, and perhaps those kids would still be alive, too.

I’m not saying I’m tortured. I wasn’t to know the consequences, I understand that. Yet when I play back what I remember of that night, there are so many little twists, things that were, quite literally, the difference between life and death.

Brian nicked my seat. That was my punishment for keeping everybody hanging about. I usually took the aisle position, Brian sat by the window because I didn’t like the breeze. But when I got on board that night, he had switched spots.

How fateful was that little wind-up? I just remember the hospital in Latina, coming around in bed two days later.

I think it was about another two days on when I felt well enough to begin piecing it all together. That is when I found out Brian had died. I was told the whole bloody nightmare.

The paramedics on the scene thought I was already dead. The doctors shared that opinion when I arrived at the hospital, too.

Somebody certainly thought I wouldn’t be needing any money where I was going, as my  valuables, including my watch, were never recovered.

I had fractured my skull and many other bones, and suffered a horrific gash to my leg that still bears a scar.

I don’t think my life was ever in danger but I have never regained my sense of smell, not a complete disadvantage in some dressing rooms.

When I look at pictures of the accident scene I can hardly believe that any of us survived. I felt so desperately sad when I heard Brian was gone.

So sad for Hazel, his wife, and his daughter, Michelle.

We had been through a lot together at Bournemouth, shared some great times, had so many laughs. It was never quite the same at Bournemouth for me.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2015, 11:57:33 AM »
Your head looks like a scrotum. Discuss.

Maybe you should find out about why Dave W. would like to know about his friendship with Brian Tyler before resorting to that kind of puerile bollocks.

Edit. Just seen PWS' post from last night. Playing catch up and didn't notice the time stamps or look for replies.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:00:59 PM by Villa in Denmark »

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2015, 01:17:34 PM »
Do you ever get the urge to 'crack one out' after the daughter in law has left your house?

Offline prmort

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2015, 01:35:11 PM »
How long did you have your head in the oven before you realised your face was melting.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal