collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Did Remi influence our summer spending?  (Read 17938 times)

Offline Stirchley Villain

Re: Did Remi influence our summer spending?
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2015, 11:40:56 AM »
Sherwood saying that he didn't buy the players is probably going to add fuel to that fire, I would be very very surprised if that was the case, having said that..Nothing the Villa do would surprise me

Wasn't Sherwood telling everyone in the summer that it was his personal intervention that persuaded Amavi, Veretout and Gana to sign on the dotted line or did I just imagine it?

Offline exigo

« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2015, 01:01:00 PM »
Every single signing mentioned how they'd spoken to Sherwood and been impressed by the way he sold the club to them.
For him to be saying three months later that he had nothing to do with them shows you what a complete prick he was.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2015, 01:12:56 PM »
Just to add to the Sherwood is a ****** and a bullshitter theme, I remember reading an article in the summer after we started signing the frenchies with him claiming he had a sort of personal European scout who knows exactly what type of player Dim wants and is on the look out for them. Clearly hinting that this super scout had been monitoring these players for him, nothing mentioned of transfer commitees, haven't a clue who the players are etc. He's just a massive twat in the mould of an O'Leary self absorbed massive twat.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2015, 03:01:39 PM »
Sherwood saying that he didn't buy the players is probably going to add fuel to that fire, I would be very very surprised if that was the case, having said that..Nothing the Villa do would surprise me

Wasn't Sherwood telling everyone in the summer that it was his personal intervention that persuaded Amavi, Veretout and Gana to sign on the dotted line or did I just imagine it?

You didn't. He was only to happy to take the credit in the summer. The second it started to go awry he retreated into self-preservation mode.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2015, 04:01:43 PM »
Glad the fucker has gone to be honest

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2015, 07:25:35 PM »
Just to add to the Sherwood is a c*** and a bullshitter theme, I remember reading an article in the summer after we started signing the frenchies with him claiming he had a sort of personal European scout who knows exactly what type of player Dim wants and is on the look out for them. Clearly hinting that this super scout had been monitoring these players for him, nothing mentioned of transfer commitees, haven't a clue who the players are etc. He's just a massive twat in the mould of an O'Leary self absorbed massive twat.

also said he'd been monitoring adama traore for years as well...

sherwood is an absolute chancer. his mates in the media rim him, because he's a good value for a quote here and there.

it's all downhill for sherwood from here.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2015, 08:36:48 PM »
to OPR? that would be massively downhill

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2015, 08:39:16 PM »
It would be for QPR

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2015, 12:41:11 PM »
Not a chance for me.  One of the draw backs of having an owner who no longer wants to be there is that things are made up on the hop. At the time the board were very much behind Sherwood and willing to give him a chance based on the turn round under him last season, but due to the terrible start and no sign of things changing they have changed plans again.

We are using the director of Football system and this is kinda how it works, and France seems the best place right now to get cheap and promising young players.  Seems we only got the cheap part right ;) It would be interesting to know if Sherwood played a part in any of the signings though.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2015, 12:45:47 PM »
France seems the best place right now to get cheap and promising young players.  Seems we only got the cheap part right ;)

£9m for Amavi, £9m for Gueye, £8m for Ayew, £8m for Veretout.

Your idea of cheap differs substantially from mine.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2015, 12:51:52 PM »
France seems the best place right now to get cheap and promising young players.  Seems we only got the cheap part right ;)

Fair point, but the market is over priced so in a way those are cheap buys, they now look more experisve because as of yet they haven't produced.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2015, 01:14:07 PM »

Fair point, but the market is over priced so in a way those are cheap buys, they now look more experisve because as of yet they haven't produced.

They (along with Adama and Gestede) represented our biggest outlay on transfer fees in one summer in (I think I'm right in saying) our entire history. So even before they had kicked a ball for us, they certainly weren't cheap.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 01:17:38 PM by Dave »

Offline andyaston

« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2015, 04:34:36 PM »
With the French players, they may have cost a fair amount in transfer fees but wages are a massive difference compared to English players of the same value.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal