collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: That Gestede Throw In  (Read 24811 times)

Offline four fornicholl

Re: That Gestede Throw In
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2015, 09:45:01 PM »
It was an odd incident all round, as Gestede seemed to gesture to Hart where he intended to throw the ball; the throw-in was actually a foul throw, as Gestede had a foot off the ground when he threw the ball; Gestede started to run hard in Hart's direction as soon as he threw; and threw the ball much harder than Hart had expected (been led to expect?).

I don't get this kicking the ball into touch simply because a player is on the ground; a few years ago it cost West Ham the FA Cup final v Liverpool.  In this instance though, it probably wasn't Gestede's finest moment in a Villa shirt (not that there's a long list of them).
what did you want rudi to do? lob it back to hart who then launches a quick counter attack?
fuck em

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2015, 09:46:12 PM »
It's a side of us we are normally shit at... We are too nice. We were giving them the ball back via a goal kick, as opposed to teeing it up for Hart to launch another attack. Well done Rudy. We also wasted time with subs and goal kicks and managed to get a point. More of the same please lads.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2015, 09:50:34 PM »
Hart wanted to keep the ball in play, Gestede wanted to put it put for a goal kick and stood his ground. He gestured to Hart what he wanted to do and tried to do it. It was Hart who muddied the waters by moving to his right to play an awkwardly bouncing and pacey ball.

I suppose we should go with the accepted practice for such things give the ball back, but we are well within our rights to give it up on our own terms. Gestede did the right thing, it's hardly our fault that Hart is as thick as pigshit.

The end result - Gestede puts the ball over the goal line for a goal kick, taken by Hart. Fuck off FC Human Rights.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2015, 09:51:27 PM »
It was an odd incident all round, as Gestede seemed to gesture to Hart where he intended to throw the ball; the throw-in was actually a foul throw, as Gestede had a foot off the ground when he threw the ball; Gestede started to run hard in Hart's direction as soon as he threw; and threw the ball much harder than Hart had expected (been led to expect?).

I don't get this kicking the ball into touch simply because a player is on the ground; a few years ago it cost West Ham the FA Cup final v Liverpool.  In this instance though, it probably wasn't Gestede's finest moment in a Villa shirt (not that there's a long list of them).
what did you want rudi to do? lob it back to hart who then launches a quick counter attack?
fuck em

On reflection, having read other posts and indeed my own, I'm more than happy to agree that Gestede did the right thing here (so it was indeed his finest moment in a Villa shirt!).  EDIT: third finest.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 09:53:14 PM by Ian Price »

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2015, 09:57:33 PM »

fuck em

On reflection, having read other posts and indeed my own, I'm more than happy to agree that Gestede did the right thing here (so it was indeed his finest moment in a Villa shirt!).  EDIT: third finest.
it will be interesting to see what they make of it on motd2

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2015, 09:59:24 PM »
Oh man. I forgot all about Match of the Day. Haven't watched it since August.

Online Duncan Shaw

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2015, 10:00:38 PM »

fuck em

it will be interesting to see what they make of it on motd2
I'm sure they'll use it as a stick to beat us after we didn't roll over for their Manc darlings.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2015, 10:03:12 PM »
When Hart started having a go Gestede I, being very keyed up by that point, completely lost it with him. Apologies to anyone sitting towards the front of K2 if they heard what I called him.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2015, 10:03:31 PM »
I have no issue with it and I think it's a bit rich for them to have complained so much when there was one at the other end where they threw it right into the corner and then Sterling closed down so Guzan's only option was to punt it long up field.  They gave it back on their terms and then act like Rudy is a disgrace to do the same, fucking hypocrites.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2015, 10:04:32 PM »
When you throw the ball back as a sporting gesture you are basically giving back possession to them,
So why throw the ball back too hard then chase after it, if you don't want to give them the ball back don't throw it back or go chasing after it

Unsporting behaviour for me,
 not a massive one and not one I will be losing any sleep over but I can understand them getting annoyed over it

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2015, 10:05:56 PM »
At the time I thought it wasn't very clever but on reflection Hart did make it awkward for him as Hart was going to launch it quickly. Normally teams get the ball back without effectively taking a player out in the process.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2015, 10:10:05 PM »

What is this programme of which you talk?

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2015, 10:12:55 PM »

What is this programme of which you talk?
the programme which will probably give us no credit what so ever

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2015, 10:13:21 PM »
Rudy should have thrown it towards the goal - if it went in it would have been a goal kick and wasted more time - Hart was hoping to get the ball and pump it up-field so Rudy was right to make it hard for him.

Offline curlytailavfc

• www.friendsofakitas.co.uk
  • GM : 26.02.2019
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2015, 10:16:48 PM »
typical over paid nob in goal

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal