collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: That Gestede Throw In  (Read 24816 times)

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
Re: That Gestede Throw In
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 07:39:01 PM »
I thought at the time, given Rudy was pointing just before the throw, that he planned to throw it out for a goal kick but Hart didn't realise, so intervened and promptly fucked it up.
Pretty much this...I think Rudy was pointing to suggest "I'm going to throw it there"...ie near to the corner so it would take Hart longer to retrieve it before he took the goal kick.
Hart tried to be clever and fu*ked up. That's his fault, not Gestede's.

Fu*k the fu*kers.

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 07:45:44 PM »
That type of behavior has no place in modern football, and that behavior is giving the ball back.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 07:47:40 PM »
The only thing that bothered me was the fact that it cranked the opposition up just as they were starting to settle for a point. But evidently, being City, they weren't arsed enough to score.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2015, 07:50:03 PM »
Hart is completely thick! Just let the ball go for a goal kick...duhh...dumbass!

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2015, 09:05:54 PM »
Fuck them.. Theyre owned by woman and homosexual hating, slave using ****** so fuck em again...

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2015, 09:10:57 PM »
If Rudy's shot from the resulting corner had gone it would've opened a can eof worms. The fans would say tough shit, Citeh would be claiming sportsmanship and a free run on goal and I wonder what Remi would've have done? First game in England, reputation at stake, against champions elect. Could've been interesting.

Offline N'Zimidy

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2015, 09:26:07 PM »
If Rudy's shot from the resulting corner had gone it would've opened a can eof worms. The fans would say tough shit, Citeh would be claiming sportsmanship and a free run on goal and I wonder what Remi would've have done? First game in England, reputation at stake, against champions elect. Could've been interesting.

Makes you wonder which orifice Remi would have told them to shove it.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2015, 09:30:02 PM »
Rudy pointed to the box telling Hart to get in his box and he was more than happy to throw the ball out for a goal kick. Hart wanted to try and capitalise on the fact we were a man down so just stood where he was to try and get to the ball and break quickly, so Rudy fucked the ball at him and won us a corner.

Funny as fuck, I'd have died of laughter if we'd have scored from that corner.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2015, 09:30:29 PM »
Hey Remi, what's the French for get to fuck you whinging City twats?

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2015, 09:31:05 PM »
Well I bloody loved it. i just wish we'd scored!

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2015, 09:34:18 PM »
It was an odd incident all round, as Gestede seemed to gesture to Hart where he intended to throw the ball; the throw-in was actually a foul throw, as Gestede had a foot off the ground when he threw the ball; Gestede started to run hard in Hart's direction as soon as he threw; and threw the ball much harder than Hart had expected (been led to expect?).

I don't get this kicking the ball into touch simply because a player is on the ground; a few years ago it cost West Ham the FA Cup final v Liverpool.  In this instance though, it probably wasn't Gestede's finest moment in a Villa shirt (not that there's a long list of them).

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2015, 09:36:37 PM »
Rudy pointed to the box telling Hart to get in his box and he was more than happy to throw the ball out for a goal kick. Hart wanted to try and capitalise on the fact we were a man down so just stood where he was to try and get to the ball and break quickly, so Rudy fucked the ball at him and won us a corner.

Yeah that's exactly how I saw it.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2015, 09:38:31 PM »
Gestede did absolutely nothing wrong.

Told Hart to get back in the box and he was throwing it out for a goal kick.

The only person at fault is Hart for trying to a. be a clever ****** and b. take advantage of it.

What a twat.

Online Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2015, 09:40:42 PM »

Agreed, what the dandruff one wanted was for Rudy to throw the ball to him so he could immediately launch upfield whilst we had a man down and a centre forward isolated and in an offside position if the ball came back.

Offline conman

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2015, 09:43:07 PM »
I too enjoyed the hilarity. Reckon I'd still be laughing now if we'd scored from the corner.

That would have been brilliant

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal