collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 12:23:56 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by Towser
[Today at 12:19:12 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:17:54 PM]

Champions League Contention by astonvilla82
[Today at 12:13:19 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:08:34 PM]

Kaine Kesler Hayden by OCD
[Today at 12:03:34 PM]

NSWE Investment by Concrete Tom
[Today at 12:03:15 PM]

Ollie Watkins by The Edge
[Today at 11:59:39 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mike Dean & Ashley Westwood injury.  (Read 12592 times)

Offline Pat McMahon

Re: Mike Dean & Ashley Westwood injury.
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2015, 01:30:50 PM »
My Italian colleague this morning informed me the Mike Dean video is doing the rounds in the football fraternity over there. He actually thought it was a fake video!

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2015, 01:34:18 PM »
Mike Dean's goal celebrations have even reached the media here.

http://sol.pt/noticia/420375/Mike-Dean-voltou-a-festejar-um-golo-do-Tottenham-#close
I posted a youtube clip on the post match thread showing this together with a couple of other examples of how he reacts when Spurs score or,conversely, lose possession!

I saw that - pretty amazing when you see the various examples put together, never seen anything like it.

He's not celebrating the goal. He is clearly signalling an advantage and then when that results in a goal he is pleased with his own decision. Storm in a teacup.

Agreed. It's obvious he was signalling the advantage and I thought so at the time. Can't believe fans are complaining about it. Embarrassing.

He was celebrating the fact that he played the advantage. I don't think it's something he should be doing though, it just looked wrong.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2015, 01:38:30 PM »

http://sol.pt/noticia/420375/Mike-Dean-voltou-a-festejar-um-golo-do-Tottenham-#close
I posted a youtube clip on the post match thread showing this together with a couple of other examples of how he reacts when Spurs score or,conversely, lose possession!

I saw that - pretty amazing when you see the various examples put together, never seen anything like it.

He's not celebrating the goal. He is clearly signalling an advantage and then when that results in a goal he is pleased with his own decision. Storm in a teacup.

Agreed. It's obvious he was signalling the advantage and I thought so at the time. Can't believe fans are complaining about it. Embarrassing.

He was celebrating the fact that he played the advantage. I don't think it's something he should be doing though, it just looked wrong.

It shouldn't really be allowed though, refs fist pumping when a goal has been scored. If players can get booked for pulling their shirts over their heads when they score, refs should be warned about their actions. Although the only ref that seems to do it is Dean. And he's done it at least 3 times now, each one available on Youtube and all ( I think) involving situations which benefit Spurs.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2015, 01:39:44 PM »
Thinking about it, what advantage was he meant to have played anyway? Clark didn't bring him down and didn't really impede Dembele's run that much.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2015, 01:40:50 PM »
Thinking about it, what advantage was he meant to have played anyway? Clark didn't bring him down and didn't really impede Dembele's run that much.

Half the Spurs fans near us didn't have their arms in the air for as long as Dean did

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2015, 01:42:04 PM »

That tosspot Graham Poll was on Talksport, unbelievably, on Monday afternoon talking about celebrating to himself when he'd given a good advantage.

It's a window into the conceit of these twats generally, the whole body needs shaking up. Unfortunately this will not happen because the status quo leaves room to manipulate them by the powerful clubs.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2015, 01:46:00 PM »
Any referee will always tell you that it's a great feeling when you see an opportunity to play an advantage and you do so in a way that it ends in a goal being scored.  There is absolutely no need to display your feelings in an ostentatious way as Mike Dean did.  In my experience the player(s) involved in the incident always acknowledged the fact in one way or another, be it just, 'thanks ref' or a more ott display of gratitude.  Either way; for a referee it's a real feel good factor.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2015, 01:47:00 PM »

That tosspot Graham Poll was on Talksport, unbelievably, on Monday afternoon talking about celebrating to himself when he'd given a good advantage.

It's a window into the conceit of these twats generally, the whole body needs shaking up. Unfortunately this will not happen because the status quo leaves room to manipulate them by the powerful clubs.

Jeff Winter on his last game: "I played a little bit of extra time, waiting until the play was at the Kop end, before sounding the final shrill blast. The fans behind the goal burst into spontaneous applause. It was longer and louder than normal, even for a home win. Did they know it was my final visit? Was it applause for me? They are such knowledgeable football people it would not surprise me."

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2015, 02:04:48 PM »

Jeff Winter on his last game: "I played a little bit of extra time, waiting until the play was at the Kop end, before sounding the final shrill blast. The fans behind the goal burst into spontaneous applause. It was longer and louder than normal, even for a home win. Did they know it was my final visit? Was it applause for me? They are such knowledgeable football people it would not surprise me."

Winter celebrated giving an advantage at a Liverpool game some years ago, he is a grade A self regarding prick.

I've just sent a particularly well worded e-mail. I'm going to run through reception, high-fiving startled guests.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2015, 02:12:42 PM »
"He's waving on advantage"  Advantage for what? 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal