collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 06:47:43 AM]

NSWE Investment by Weedy
[Today at 06:26:55 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 06:01:37 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Bad English
[Today at 05:02:29 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by ROBBO
[Today at 04:48:05 AM]

Villa songs on Alexa by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 02:17:54 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Rory
[Today at 01:40:16 AM]

Snooker by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:23:15 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 06:47:43 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Weedy
[Today at 06:26:55 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 06:01:37 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Bad English
[Today at 05:12:02 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Bad English
[Today at 05:02:29 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Axl Rose
[Today at 04:59:04 AM]

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by ROBBO
[Today at 04:48:05 AM]

Re: Villa songs on Alexa by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 02:17:54 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mike Dean & Ashley Westwood injury.  (Read 12604 times)

Offline godzvilla

Mike Dean & Ashley Westwood injury.
« on: November 03, 2015, 11:41:58 AM »
I am surprised that no one else ( unless I,ve missed a posting ) has picked up or commented on this. If MacDonald was " disappointed" I was furious ( with Dean)............Godzvilla!

Aston Villa caretaker boss Kevin MacDonald was "disappointed" by referee Mike Dean's decision not to allow immediate treatment to Ashley Westwood after he suffered a head injury.
Midfielder Westwood was caught in the face by Mousa Dembele's flailing arm and went down injured in the first half of Monday's 3-1 defeat at Tottenham.
Play continued for about a minute before Dean ushered on a doctor.
"I'm glad it wasn't more serious," MacDonald said.
"It's a bit of disappointment the referee played on. Ashley had blurred vision - concussion. He's got a real bad headache but he's up and not so dizzy right now."
With new Villa boss Remi Garde watching from the stands, the 25-year-old was forced off in the 38th minute and, once team doctors had treated him by the side of the pitch, they asked for paramedics to be called.
Former England defender Danny Mills, who was at White Hart Lane as part of the BBC Radio 5 live commentary team, said: "I'm surprised at Mike Dean. It's a flailing arm. Dembele clearly hit him in the face and Mike Dean played on for a good minute or so. The referee clearly got that one wrong.
"If it is concussion then questions have to be asked of the referee. He was looking at the incident - he must have been looking right at it - he saw the player go down holding his face and didn't stop the game."

The Premier League introduced new rules on how to deal with head injuries from the start of the 2014-15 season after Tottenham were criticised for letting keeper Hugo Lloris continue playing after he lost consciousness in a goalless draw against Everton.
A player suffering a head injury must now leave the pitch and the club doctor must decide if a player is capable of continuing, not the team management.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Mike Dean & Ashley Westwood injury.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 11:52:03 AM »
Danny Mills, he'd know all about flailing arms.

Offline badminton

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 11:57:03 AM »
Mike Dean clearly signaled to the doctor waiting on the sideline not to come on after Clark had put the ball out too - took another minute or so before he eventually waved him on. Pretty disgraceful stuff and something that should definitely be reviewed given the nature of the injury and the fact that it was at WHL where it was the quick thinking of officials and doctors that saved the life of Fabrice Muamba.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 11:57:40 AM »

Nasty little fucker he was.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 12:07:05 PM »
I think raising points about a summariser is misleading the issue here.  I was screaming at the TV at the time - Westwood clearly went down holding his head and was visibly in distress, yet Dean was not going to stop play at all.  In fact if Clark had not booted it out, play could well have gone on for several minutes.  When he was eventually treated, it was very apparent that he was in no fit state to continue.  Dean should be reprimanded for not stopping play and all referees should be again made aware of the possibilities of the impact of head injuries.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 12:09:30 PM »
It would suit me if Dean was struck off. Awful ref.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 12:10:07 PM »
Mike Dean shook his head and mouthed the word "no", despite the incident taking place right in front of him. I'd be interested to know his reasons for not stopping the game at the time when it was clearly a head injury.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 12:13:10 PM »
Dean should sit out a couple of games for this because it was clearly a blow to the head and refs are supposed to stop play in such circumstances (at least I think they do)

However, given the amount of play-acting that goes on, I do have some sympathy for refs in general.

Much harsher punishments should be brought in for players who feign injury. That way, the official can be fairly sure that if a player goes down, they're hurt.

If a player goes down the referee shouldn't have to decide whether they're injured or not.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 12:13:16 PM »
The main reason is that Mike Dean is an absolute twat.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 12:13:41 PM »
Don't you see that if he had to stop the game he'd have had to admit there was contact and a foul?  He didn't want to give a foul which should also have been a sending off, we've seen them given before for less contact than this one.  Is Dean a Spurs supporter?  His goal celebration would make you question it surely.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 12:16:38 PM »
In fairness we had an opportunity to put it out before Clark did and didn't. Then again if it's the rules that the ref stops the game for head injuries I suppose that decision is out of the players' hands.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 12:16:49 PM »
Absolute twat/Spurs supporter?
Same thing.
:D

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 12:21:22 PM »

Nasty little fucker he was.

He was. He's still quite an unpleasant man.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 12:26:00 PM »
Dean's a biased pissweasel.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 12:33:08 PM »
Don't you see that if he had to stop the game he'd have had to admit there was contact and a foul?  He didn't want to give a foul which should also have been a sending off, we've seen them given before for less contact than this one.  Is Dean a Spurs supporter?  His goal celebration would make you question it surely.

He does not have to say that it was a foul. Personally I didn't think it was, but there was contact, accidental in my view, which had appeared to cause a head injury. For that the game should have been stopped immediately.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal