collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

Recent Posts

Re: Short term - back up to Davis by Breezeblock
[Today at 09:12:49 AM]

Re: Short term - back up to Davis by Dave
[Today at 09:06:36 AM]

Re: The All-New Patronise The Plucky Little Neighbours Thread. by Damo70
[Today at 08:49:00 AM]

Re: Bruce out? by Ads
[Today at 08:42:59 AM]

Re: Keinan Davis by Ads
[Today at 08:41:26 AM]

Author Topic: Remi Garde - Departs Aston Villa  (Read 550497 times)

Offline brian green

• player manager
Re: Remi Garde - Departs Aston Villa
« Reply #7065 on: November 09, 2017, 05:23:26 PM »
Agree.

Offline SoccerHQ

• prolific poster
  • GM : 19.05.2016
« Reply #7066 on: November 09, 2017, 08:58:15 PM »
Not only that but blocked by the CEO of one of our relegation opponents in her FA capacity.

That was scandalous. In a way I do get not signing anyone because the situation was so much worse when January rolled around to the position when he took over. But if that was given the green light to be fucked over because the woman supported Sunderland was disgraceful.

By all accounts he's been great for Gent to whom he moved after his move to us fell down.

Voted best goalkeeper in the Pro League on half a season's work.

Watched him v Spurs and he really struggled on crosses so think premier league would've been too much for him at that stage of his career.

Online Dave

• prolific poster
  • GM : 04.11.2015
« Reply #7067 on: November 09, 2017, 11:31:27 PM »
It's not like he would have been playing in it for long.

Offline tomd2103

• coach
« Reply #7068 on: November 10, 2017, 12:26:27 AM »
He was thrown in at the deep end and sank like a stone.  Wrong man at the wrong time, but might have stood a chance had he been appointed before the rot had well and truly set in.   

He would have made more sense following Houllier.

Agree.  If we could wind the clock back, him with Houllier as Director of Football might have been a better option than what followed when the latter's health failed.  Saying that, I can't think of many options that would have been worse than the one that followed after that. 

Online Clampy

• prolific poster
  • GM : PCM
« Reply #7069 on: November 10, 2017, 06:57:56 AM »
It was a while ago though. Was Garde in management at the time?

Offline Risso

• prolific poster
  • GM : 07.02.2017
« Reply #7070 on: November 10, 2017, 10:12:01 AM »
He was thrown in at the deep end and sank like a stone.  Wrong man at the wrong time, but might have stood a chance had he been appointed before the rot had well and truly set in.   

Agree.  If we could wind the clock back, him with Houllier as Director of Football might have been a better option than what followed when the latter's health failed.  Saying that, I can't think of many options that would have been worse than the one that followed after that. 

I've never understood the clamour for Houllier as a director of football.  His signings at Liverpool in his later years were mostly horrendous.  They weren't much better with us.

Offline passitsideways

• reserve
« Reply #7071 on: November 10, 2017, 10:27:49 AM »

I've never understood the clamour for Houllier as a director of football.  His signings at Liverpool in his later years were mostly horrendous.  They weren't much better with us.

Walker and Bent were crucial for us in the second half of the season, Makoun did alright after signing for us before being turfed out through no fault of his own and before we could make any definitive assessment, while Pires and Bradley were essentially in for midfield cover. Not sure he would've been able to do much after Lerner cut costs, but that business looks mostly good to me.