collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah in trouble.......  (Read 14166 times)

Offline Goldie.7

Re: Micah in trouble.......
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 06:33:16 PM »
Got charged with improper conduct following the weekend - will that mean a ban I guess for our best defender?

That is opinion based.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 08:58:12 PM »
Skipper Micah Richards gives his take on Tim Sherwood's sacking at Aston Villa http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tim-sherwood-needed-more-time-

Richards worried he'll end up at right back

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 09:08:06 PM »
Isn't talking about 'our best defender' a bit like talking about 'Holland's tallest mountain' anyway?

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 10:32:29 PM »
Sky headlines "Richards criticises club for Sherwood sacking" the report then hears him say that T'S was good for him personally. He must have had a bang on the head as he then said we had played really good football!!!!
He also said a french speaking coach might help the french lads but we are in England.  Thanks micah, ukips aston representative

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 10:43:25 PM »
I thought his comments were fine tbh.

Offline myf

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2015, 11:01:03 PM »
 Reminds me of when he came out to the press to say he recommended cityto the snake.

He is a half decent defender but he hasnt endeared himself to me

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2015, 11:27:07 PM »
Apart from the Sherwood love-in being a bit much, I don't see a lot to get worked up over.

Aston Villa captain Micah Richards thinks it is a shame that Tim Sherwood was not given more time to get the club moving in the right direction.

Sherwood was sacked by Villa on Sunday after just eight months in charge, following a 2-1 home loss to Swansea.

That was a sixth successive Premier League defeat for Villa and they are now bottom of the table after Sunderland won on Sunday afternoon.

However, Sherwood did manage to keep the club in the top flight last season and Richards thinks the club may have been a little premature.

"Tim was unbelievable for me," said the 27-year-old defender. "I think he has got me back to my best.

"I feel comfortable. He gave me the captain's armband, which was a massive confidence boost. Tim was great for me but we know that, in football, if you are not getting results, clubs look to make changes.

"I think Leicester was a turning point in our season. When you are playing outstanding football and go 2-0 up, and then find yourselves 3-2 down at the end of the game, I think that knocked a bit of confidence out of the lads.

"For 70 minutes it was not like the Aston Villa of the last two years. They did not have the free-flowing football that Tim brought here.

"I wish he had a little bit more time, because I think he was on to a really good thing. But when you are not winning, decisions like that are going to get made."

Former Lyon manager Remi Garde has been strongly linked with the Villa post and has pulled out of planned media work for French TV this weekend.

Richards added: "I will respect any manager who comes in.

"I will give 100 per cent and so will all the lads that are here. No player wants to find themselves out of the team.

"The manager who comes in needs to be able to get us going straight away. We have got no time to settle in or blend in."

Richards agrees that the French players in the squad might benefit from Garde's arrival but hopes the potential new boss is multi-lingual.

"If they speak French obviously it is going to be easier for them to understand how they are to play," said Richards.

"But let's hope he speaks as good English as he does French!

"When I went to Fiorentina, I had to learn Italian. There were certain things I did not understand but I had to try and adapt."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:33:57 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2015, 11:28:37 PM »
Reminds me of when he came out to the press to say he recommended cityto the snake.

He is a half decent defender but he hasnt endeared himself to me

I agree on both points.

I can't shake the feeling he views us a "least bad" option

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2015, 11:32:25 PM »
Apart from the Sherwood love-in being a bit much, I don't see a lot to get worked up over.

Aye, I actually was happy to read this bit. If the captain knows it then at least we dont have our heads in the sand.

"I think Leicester was a turning point in our season. When you are playing outstanding football and go 2-0 up, and then find yourselves 3-2 down at the end of the game, I think that knocked a bit of confidence out of the lads."

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2015, 01:01:47 AM »
Apparently TS got him back to his best. No me neither...

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2015, 02:14:30 AM »
"The manager who comes in needs to be able to get us going straight away. We have got no time to settle in or blend in."

How about you guys get your fucking selves going?

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2015, 08:02:20 AM »
All Micah had to do was to check with Patrick Viera who would have told him all he needs to know about Garde.What Micah will not like is the fact that Garde has never heard of him.His ego will be damaged beyond repair!
I can remember when he was interviewed when he was a kid..He said something like All black lads aspire to having a flash car and a diamond in their ear.Not exactly Micah there are other things!

I do agree,however,he has performed very well for us this season Sets a high standard in footballing ability

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2015, 09:03:55 AM »
I look forward to seeing him make rampaging runs forward at right full back soon.

He's positioning is too poor to be a centre half, but as a full back, he looks like he plays a different sport compared to Hutton or Bacuna.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2015, 12:20:28 PM »
He's accepted the charge

Offline IAmTheOneIanOlney

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2015, 12:21:46 PM »
So he'll most likely be out of Monday's game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal