collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pundits.  (Read 35037 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Pundits.
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 04:11:07 PM »
The problem is they don't take it seriously.

Nevile and Jamie "eeeeeerhm" Carragher sound like scientists, because they have knowledge to back up an opinion. They also have a strong opinion, that does not necessarily flow with protecting the old boys brigade of players and managers.

Morons like Jenas or Savage watch a bit of Match of the Day and think they know it all.

Just listen to the amount of morons who come out with "and Villa are missing their best players like Ron Vlaar..."

Offline Musicmaan

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 04:16:24 PM »
I like Neville which I never thought i'd say, Carragher on the other hand gets on my tits

He'd get on my tits too, if I could understand him.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 04:21:00 PM »
What makes it worse is that professional journalists and broadcasters mimic the ex players and dumb down whole programmes. That Fletcher bloke spent most of last Saturday's 606 offering simpering about Savage being considered for the role of James Bond. Pathetic and puerile in equal measure.

Offline BoskoDjembaSalifou

• BoskoDjembaSalifou
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 04:28:16 PM »
The thing that pisses me off most is when they go on about the pace we have in the team and our counter attacking style. It's been years since the MON days, but they still go on about it. Shows how relevant we are to them, I guess.

As for pundits, they're all shit besides Neville and Carragher. Admittedly some are less shit than others, but still. Ruud Gullit is by far the worst though, remember earlier this season when he said Liverpool need to build a new stadium to be successful? What a clown.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 04:33:22 PM »
Driving to the game on Saturday, the team news started coming through on talksport. Ray Parlour said he was surprised Westwood had been dropped as he'd been one of Viila's best players this season.

Merson on Sky at the start of the season said he couldn't believe we'd sold Weimann as he was a top player.

Just two examples off the top of my head of typical lazy punditry.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 04:37:59 PM »
Is it me or are these getting worse?

You can probably link it to the point at which the most important way of getting content was whatever stream-of-consciousness thought somebody sent in via text or Twitter.

If the format is going to be lazy and the most important opinion was an uninformed one, why should anybody involved try harder? Nowadays just having an opinion is considered good enough, insight is nothing more than an extra bonus.

If there was demand for insight then it would be there. There are excellent, witty, thoughtful opinion pieces on pretty much every bit of football out there that you can read and listen to if you want to. It's a bit like listening to nothing but KISS FM and complaining that all music is shit.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 04:41:34 PM »
I was listening to the final Wales Euro qualifier on 5 Live but found it difficult to concentrate on what was being said as a high pitched whine that I took for the usual poor AM reception was often interrupting the proceedings. After about half an hour I realised it was the colour commentary provided by Robbie Savage.

The King of the high-pitched whine is surely Steve Claridge. There are sabre-toothed dog carcasses buried deep in the permafrosts of darkest Siberia that prick up an ear whenever Claridge bemoans a poor throw in.

Offline exigo

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2015, 04:42:10 PM »
One of the many benefits of watching games on moody streams from around the world, is that you don't have any of these idiots spouting nonsense. I've seen much more insight from the presenters in America for a kick off.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2015, 04:45:54 PM »
Jenus seems to be a particularly new breed of 'shite talking twat!!'

Offline DesBremner

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 04:50:27 PM »
Driving to the game on Saturday, the team news started coming through on talksport. Ray Parlour said he was surprised Westwood had been dropped as he'd been one of Viila's best players this season.

Merson on Sky at the start of the season said he couldn't believe we'd sold Weimann as he was a top player.

Just two examples off the top of my head of typical lazy punditry.

This is the same Paul Merson that sent Scott Dann to play at Redditch as he would never be a player!

At least Gary Neville has taken his coaching seriously, A Licence and Pro Licence holder
When you hear professionals say they are doing their badges its usually Uefa B which is miles away from the pro licence

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 04:51:30 PM »
The problem is they don't take it seriously.

Nevile and Jamie "eeeeeerhm" Carragher sound like scientists, because they have knowledge to back up an opinion. They also have a strong opinion, that does not necessarily flow with protecting the old boys brigade of players and managers.

Morons like Jenas or Savage watch a bit of Match of the Day and think they know it all.

Just listen to the amount of morons who come out with "and Villa are missing their best players like Ron Vlaar..."

Oh the bit about Ron Vlaar boiled my piss over the weekend the amount of times I heard people come out with it like it was Sherwood that was forced to sell him or something.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 04:53:51 PM »
Is it me or are these getting worse?

You can probably link it to the point at which the most important way of getting content was whatever stream-of-consciousness thought somebody sent in via text or Twitter.

If the format is going to be lazy and the most important opinion was an uninformed one, why should anybody involved try harder? Nowadays just having an opinion is considered good enough, insight is nothing more than an extra bonus.

If there was demand for insight then it would be there. There are excellent, witty, thoughtful opinion pieces on pretty much every bit of football out there that you can read and listen to if you want to. It's a bit like listening to nothing but KISS FM and complaining that all music is shit.

Are there other stations than KISS FM out there then?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 04:55:16 PM »
I see Rio Ferdinand is calling for his mate Dwight to be the new Villa manager. Reckons that Yorke might have a "Slaven Bilic" effect on us.

Ferdinand really is a fucking dope. Is this the same Slaven Billic who has been in some sort of coaching or management capacity for 15 years in now 4 countries? Because comparing him to Dwight isn't just unfair it's utterly ludicrous.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2015, 04:55:25 PM »
What has happened has been the acceptance by the broadcasters that anything is permissible so long as it "builds an audience" which is luvviespeak for being offensive and provocative. Like Dave says content is irrelevant. I did not even know Jenas was a pundit until I read it on here.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2015, 04:56:14 PM »
jamie redknapp - absolute tool

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal