collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press off  (Read 5938 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Press off
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 12:21:38 AM »
The last paragraph sums it all up well. He deserved the plaudits for a number of things last season, but he never built on it and when the going got tough instead of accepting his share of responsibility he blamed everyone else. We won't miss him.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 12:38:11 AM »
Very glad he's gone but I was equally delighted when Lambert went and look how that turned out. After a succession of poor appointments the next one has got to be right.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 06:37:15 AM »
Accurate summary.

Results were woeful. Sturke 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' Chelsea Albion and Swansea were all struggling too when they played us.

Zero points.

Good bye and Good Riddance albeit several weeks too late.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 06:41:40 AM »
I think he was booted for the media leaks and general disharmony, as much as the results.

Offline Fin Feds Dad

• GM : 09.08.2016
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 07:10:14 AM »
I said before the game to my Dad - 'that's not a team sheet , it's a suicide note'.

Saturday was the closest I have ever come to walking away - and that was before the game had even kicked off.

For that reason alone - thank God he has gone.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 07:30:10 AM »
Press leaks were a two way street thou, have we forgot we got told he had 2 games to save himself and sure enough that's what happened, that was not Dim Tim telling his mates that one.

But I say fair play to the club for that, if you have a guy in your employ leaking to the press and he is not doing the business, leak to your own sources, that for the first time in years shows the Villa maybe catching up with modern day cut throat football.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 07:46:59 AM »
Hoist by his own petard.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 08:40:13 AM »
Yes Dave, couldn't agree more, 4 points from 10 games seems to go over the head of the likes of Jermaine Jenas etc when they are finding all the excuses under the sun for him. With the final 2 (humiliating) league results last season on top it's actually 4 points from 12 games.

Offline russon

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 10:49:37 AM »
https://youtu.be/gBCdlBrgEmE

...most peculiar mama (couldn't resist, cracking track)

ps. how do you embed these links so you don't have to click on the link to see the clip?

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 11:01:36 AM »
About right, but how do we get the board to understand that they must stop shopping at the cheap end of the high street, and try shopping at a more reputable store?

ultimately its they who have messed up.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 11:17:04 AM »
https://youtu.be/gBCdlBrgEmE

...most peculiar mama (couldn't resist, cracking track)

ps. how do you embed these links so you don't have to click on the link to see the clip?

Take the last part of the link so in your case: gBCdlBrgEmE

Add it inside youtube tags

Code: [Select]
[youtube]gBCdlBrgEmE[/youtube]

Offline DaveD

• Twitter
  • GM : 26.12.2015
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 03:56:34 PM »
Only disagree in one respect Dave - I think the squad is awful. We've repeated Lambert's fishing expedition from a few years ago except this time we didn't luck out with a Benteke, and all we've landed is Tonevs and Lunas. And the odd Bowery.

I don't remember a time, even in the mid-eighties, when we didn't have one single player any of the top clubs would be interested in. But here we are.

The odd flash from the likes of Gana, Amavi, Grealish indicates one or two of them *might* make a Premier League player in time, but none of them has done it consistently for so much as a whole game, let alone a string of them. The rest are just has beens or never wases.

Tim *was* terrible, but the club has got to stop trying to run some weird hybrid of Moneyball and Championship Manager. It's not working. Unfortunately it's probably too late.

Offline FranzBiberkopf

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 04:25:04 PM »
nly disagree in one respect Dave - I think the squad is awful. We've repeated Lambert's fishing expedition from a few years ago except this time we didn't luck out with a Benteke, and all we've landed is Tonevs and Lunas. And the odd Bowery.

I agree with that absolutely. I don't think we're the worst team in the division, but we certainly are amongst the three worst.

Keeper is ok as a shot stopper but distribution and 'leadership' are shockingly bad.
Fullbacks - Hutton can't attack and Amavi can't defend.
Centre halves - error and injury prone. At least one howler per game. At least one of the three sat on the treatment table each week.
Midfield - Doesn't blend whatever way you mix it. Either creates nothing, or too wide open. No matter what combination is tried.
Forwards - you can perm any combination of Gabby, Gestede, Kozak, and they still won't score enough to keep a side up.

Players we have look ok in patches individually, but as a unit, they fail utterly.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 05:20:16 PM »
Good read Dave.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal