collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bottom of the league.  (Read 11391 times)

Offline Goldie.7

Re: Bottom of the league.
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2015, 05:55:04 PM »
We need another miracle to escape the horrendous mess we are in.

Making up four points in 28 games is hardly a miracle.

Yes, lets just ignore the fact that the majority of teams in our current position (even with their change manager) at this stage have got relegated.

Why do you think it won't happen to us?

Could you please tell me where I said it won't happen?

Okay, I should of worded that slightly different.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2015, 05:56:03 PM »

Yes, lets just ignore the fact that the majority of teams in our current position (even with their change manager) at this stage have got relegated.

Because its only October, not March. You seem to think we are twenty points adrift with seven to play

And you seem to think someone was talking to you.

It's probably not worth posting if you're going to throw a strop every time someone questions you. Staying up is far from guaranteed, but it's hardly a "miracle" either, is it? Unless you noticed the McGregor statue crying blood yesterday?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:58:09 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2015, 06:27:35 PM »

Because its only October, not March. You seem to think we are twenty points adrift with seven to play

It's probably not worth posting if you're going to throw a strop every time someone questions you. Staying up is far from guaranteed, but it's hardly a "miracle" either, is it? Unless you noticed the McGregor statue crying blood yesterday?

If it's not a "miracle" needed than we need something pretty damn close to it. No one is throwing a strop, I just think for us to stay up we need a hell of a lot of things to swing our way. I don't think we'll go down but what else would you call it for it not to happen, factoring everything in.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2015, 06:30:31 PM »
We probably need thirty-six points from twenty-eight games. That's about the same points per game ratio that Watford have managed so far.

Hardly that big a task, for a vaguely competent manager.

Offline myf

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2015, 06:40:28 PM »
We probably need thirty-six points from twenty-eight games. That's about the same points per game ratio that Watford have managed so far.

Hardly that big a task, for a vaguely competent manager.

Problem is we aint taken that kind of points per game in last 5 years.  I'm optimistic tho

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2015, 06:44:24 PM »
Plenty of time to turn it round.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2015, 06:47:40 PM »
It's only three more points than we managed in McLeish's first twenty-eight games. A new manager should be capable of beating that (even matching it might be enough for survival).

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2015, 06:48:59 PM »
I still think we'll be ok.  Bournemouth have been unlucky with injuries and are really struggling now, Norwich and Newcastle are shite, and Watford are bound to go off the boil soon. 

Make the right appointment now, not another loudmouth charlatan, and we'll stay up.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2015, 06:56:28 PM »
I still think we'll be ok.  Bournemouth have been unlucky with injuries and are really struggling now, Norwich and Newcastle are shite, and Watford are bound to go off the boil soon. 

Make the right appointment now, not another loudmouth charlatan, and we'll stay up.

Exactly. How many points would we have picked up this season if the side had been organised? We've got a good group of players, get them out there knowing what is expected of each and every one them and the results will come.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2015, 07:17:48 PM »

If it's not a "miracle" needed than we need something pretty damn close to it. No one is throwing a strop, I just think for us to stay up we need a hell of a lot of things to swing our way. I don't think we'll go down but what else would you call it for it not to happen, factoring everything in.

I'd call it mid-table form, which this squad are more than capable of.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2015, 07:19:55 PM »
We actually don't need to play that much better than we have been, bear with me mental as that sounds!
As shit as we've been, if we had a manager that can organise us and cut out the stupid errors that cost us at Leicester & Palace and at home to Sunderland and Swansea we're on 13 points. That would be 1.3 points per game, about what we need to reach 38+ points from the last 28 games. Never mind the shit performances at home to Stoke and Bitters. Which probably wouldn't have happened if we'd got the results mentioned as we'd have had more confidence.

It really isn't a miracle we need, just a decent manager.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 07:31:09 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2015, 07:22:21 PM »

Newcastle looked very very decent today until the sending off. I think they will go on a run and be ok, they also have some very competent players.

Sunderland however, I think are doomed.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2015, 07:25:38 PM »
Newcastle have conceded 22 goals so far, their defence is rubbish.

Are we any closer to answering my question yet? ;)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2015, 07:27:28 PM »
We actually don't need to play that much better than we have been, bear with me mental as that sounds!
As shit as we've been, if we had a manager that can organise us and cut out the stupid errors that cost us at Leicester & Palace and at home to Sunderland and Swansea we're on 11 points. That would be 1.1 points per game, we only need about 1.3 or something to reach 38+ points. Never mind the shit performances at home to Stoke and Bitters. Which probably wouldn't have happened if we'd got the results mentioned as we'd have had more confidence.

It really isn't a miracle we need, just a decent manager.
I can not but agree with this. A very good assessment of the situation.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2015, 07:30:10 PM »
Actually we'd be on 13 points not 11, so exactly matching the 1.3 per game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal