collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Who do you want the next Villa manager to be?  (Read 265568 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Who do you want the next Villa manager to be?
« Reply #2430 on: November 09, 2015, 06:08:42 PM »
One thing I will say about H&V and other Villa sites is the old chestnuts about "give him time/until the end of the season/another season to get it right/he deserves another transfer window/we need stability/who would come to us" etc, went completely out the window with Sherwood.

I don't put it down so much to Sherwood but more to the accumulation of week after week, year after year of poor football and results whereby the fans have just had enough. Hopefully we're about to reset our benchmark as to what is acceptable for our club and never have to look back on what can only be described as The Wasted Years.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2431 on: November 09, 2015, 06:11:07 PM »
I did say that the regret over Moyes not coming to us would be all one way. He should have come when, if ever, he had the chance.

You look with hindsight at his clearly precarious situation and you have to wonder if we were interested at all.
He'd have surely jumped at it if we'd have offered it, but I don't we would have. For once, we looked to have a clear idea of the type of manager to take over, and it made sense.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2432 on: November 09, 2015, 06:13:41 PM »
Rudy, I think we've just become such connoisseurs of bollocks that, when we saw Sherwood this year, we knew instantly that we had quite the specimen there.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2433 on: November 09, 2015, 06:16:50 PM »
Rudy, I think we've just become such connoisseurs of bollocks that, when we saw Sherwood this year, we knew instantly that we had quite the specimen there.

I said much the same thing to my brother last night, there's no kidding us anymore.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal