collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Back to the Villa  (Read 6943 times)

Online Chico Hamilton III

Re: Back to the Villa
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2015, 01:40:18 PM »

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 01:42:16 PM »
 :-[Yawn

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 01:57:39 PM »
Is it...Do I have to do anything?

You have to pretend to be a sad geek and not realise that it was just a random date depicted in an average film,

Two threads about it on H&V now to go with the endless dribble on Facebook and twitter, I am starting to realise that my virtual friends on the internet are even sadder than I thought.

'Dribble' is what our players need to be doing more rather than passing sideways. I think what you meant was 'Drivel', although for me anyone who dislikes the Back to the Future movies must be culturally retarded :-)

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 01:59:08 PM »

You have to pretend to be a sad geek and not realise that it was just a random date depicted in an average film,

Two threads about it on H&V now to go with the endless dribble on Facebook and twitter, I am starting to realise that my virtual friends on the internet are even sadder than I thought.

I've made clear that the next person to post on Facebook about Back To The Future dies.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2015, 02:01:50 PM »

I've made clear that the next person to post on Facebook about Back To The Future dies.

Ha we'll just go back to the time before and get the feds on to you. Simples

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 02:20:35 PM »
I see we were 17 in the old Division 1 on the corresponding week in 1985. Behind Oxford Utd if it is any consolation!

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2015, 02:29:57 PM »
I see we were 17 in the old Division 1 on the corresponding week in 1985. Behind Oxford Utd if it is any consolation!

yes but that was because some miscreant got into the delorean and altered the future, weve now been able to go back and correct that.

we won the league :) :)

im starting to think we need atime machine now

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 03:04:59 PM »

Is Robert Maxwell still alive ?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 03:10:13 PM by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2015, 03:21:48 PM »
Maxwell and his plan on merging Oxford and Reading to form Thames Valley Warriors or whatever he was going to call them.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2015, 03:33:35 PM »
Maxwell and his plan on merging Oxford and Reading to form Thames Valley Warriors or whatever he was going to call them.

Royals

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 04:44:34 PM »
Nice nod to Villa/Marty in today's Fiver:

Meanwhile down at Villa Park, Tactics Tim has been spotted furiously entering into the spirit of the occasion by wearing his sleeveless body warmer, although it may require more than a flux capacitor and 1.21 gigawatts of electricity to jolt his beleaguered team back to something approaching life.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 05:10:30 PM »
Tim, make like a tree...and get out of here.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2015, 05:27:45 PM »

I lived in the Canary Islands for a couple of years in the nineties and everybody claimed to know somebody who knew for a fact he was still alive. Most of them actually knew somebody who knew the person who forged the death certificate. I was always quite fascinated by the fact DJ's, barmen and timeshare touts were so much more in the know then the world's press and law enforcement agencies. I was even more fascinated by the that fact most of these people who tended to live an insular life within the British community were all best mates with someone who was best mates with a Spanish/Canarian coroner.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2015, 05:56:13 PM »

I lived in the Canary Islands for a couple of years in the nineties and everybody claimed to know somebody who knew for a fact he was still alive. Most of them actually knew somebody who knew the person who forged the death certificate. I was always quite fascinated by the fact DJ's, barmen and timeshare touts were so much more in the know then the world's press and law enforcement agencies. I was even more fascinated by the that fact most of these people who tended to live an insular life within the British community were all best mates with someone who was best mates with a Spanish/Canarian coroner.

This joke, if you get it, will make you feel very old: "What did Robert Maxwell say when he fell off the boat? Truprint."

Offline TheWarlock

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2015, 06:10:05 PM »
I started going down the Villa in 1985 (v Newcastle) - which was the equivalent of turning up late for a party to realise all the food and drink was gone and the girls all paired up :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal