collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Dave
[Today at 10:18:54 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Supporters Trust Statement - 20/10/15  (Read 7591 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Supporters Trust Statement - 20/10/15
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2015, 03:18:33 PM »
Whilst I wholeheartedly agree I'd like to challenge where the club have been leaking information? The only leaks I've seen or read have quite clearly come from the Manager. Can I be enlightened if I've got that wrong?

The stories about Sherwood only having two games to save his season (Moxley, Percy) appeared only a couple of days after reports in the London media that the players brought in (the French ones it seems) werent Sherwood's choice.

Poor form from both parties, dont think we will ever get definitive proof though re leaks.

Gold Spotters Badge

Seconded, well spotted.

That hadn't occurred to me. I thought at the time that both the 'two games' bit and Sherwood's 'not my players' things sounded a bit too detailed to be completely fictional, but I must admit, the timing of the two games one had passed me by.

Its poor form, but it's the classic start of the end. Each side getting a round or two in. I thought he'd be gone this week, but I think he'll be gone irrespective of the result this weekend. Sherwood has clearly pissed off the Villa brass. If he did nothing else the one thing Lambert did pretty much until the end is toe the party line. He's come out with bollocks afterwards which is somewhat to be expected. I don't think Sherwood is cut from the same cloth and he'll go out guns blazing even if he doesn't clock on to the damage he might do himself career-wise down the road. Expect a very weird and spiky press conference and post match conference as he prepares to set sail away from B6 soon after.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2015, 03:45:35 PM »
I think the General should have remembered his 'pigs' statement when he rushed out to defend Randy and the club should have avoided their dark arts to the press. We're not great with dealing with the press as it is.How they thought they could make this one work I have no idea.

Sherwood is creating such a shitstorm any potential manager must be thinking what the hell is going on at the club. He obviously knows he's going and wants to leave us with as much muck as he can. It's right up there with MON walking out 5 days before the season starts.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2015, 09:58:40 PM »
Any reaction from the Club on this statement?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2015, 10:38:51 PM »
It's oh so quiet...............

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2015, 10:50:25 PM »
Any reaction from the Club on this statement?

What sort of statement were you expecting?

"Now that a bunch of fans have said that they want us to do something, we've realised that yes, we probably should sack the manager. We'd like to thank them for giving us the heads up".

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2015, 10:19:08 AM »
The statement sounds fair to me.  The speculation, whether made up or sourced from within, isn't very healthy in terms of club reputation or effect on the, manager,  players and supporters.  So a call to back him or sack him doesn't seem unreasonable.  That said, I'd like to think the absence of any such commitment is a sign that behind the scenes the club are quietly sounding out potential replacements.   Or the two games thing may be true and they don't want to show their hand either way. Hopefully a failure to win convincingly this weekend means Timbo Dimbo will be on his bike. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal