collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Supporters Trust Statement - 20/10/15  (Read 7616 times)

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
Re: Supporters Trust Statement - 20/10/15
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 09:47:46 PM »
What infighting?

Only the pockets of 'handbags' that'll be dotted round the ground on Saturday as the inevitable 'I'm a better fan than you' diatribes begin.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2015, 10:10:03 PM »
The purpose of the statement is to focus a few minds. The Trust having a standing with the club and are there to represent the views of the Supporters and work with the club to achieve the best outcomes for the good of its members and wider Villa fan base.

It isn't for them to say that Sherwood is a chancer, or Fox is an arse, but if the respective actions of both are not in the best interests of Aston Villa then it is fair order to point this out and ask that they shit or get off the pot for the wider good.

Offline Stirchley Villain

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2015, 10:15:09 PM »
The only mind that needs to focus is that of RL. Trouble is he's preoccupied by shiny baubles, pretty girls and helicopters.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2015, 10:18:16 PM »
As I am given to understand it, Lerner has naff all to do with the daily running of the club now. It is very much the Tom Fox show.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 11:21:22 PM »
Whilst I wholeheartedly agree I'd like to challenge where the club have been leaking information? The only leaks I've seen or read have quite clearly come from the Manager. Can I be enlightened if I've got that wrong?

The stories about Sherwood only having two games to save his season (Moxley, Percy) appeared only a couple of days after reports in the London media that the players brought in (the French ones it seems) werent Sherwood's choice.

Poor form from both parties, dont think we will ever get definitive proof though re leaks.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2015, 11:22:47 PM »
Whilst I wholeheartedly agree I'd like to challenge where the club have been leaking information? The only leaks I've seen or read have quite clearly come from the Manager. Can I be enlightened if I've got that wrong?

The stories about Sherwood only having two games to save his season (Moxley, Percy) appeared only a couple of days after reports in the London media that the players brought in (the French ones it seems) werent Sherwood's choice.

Poor form from both parties, dont think we will ever get definitive proof though re leaks.

Fair enough.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2015, 11:32:42 PM »

Gold Spotters Badge

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2015, 11:35:17 PM »

Gold Spotters Badge

Seconded, well spotted.

That hadn't occurred to me. I thought at the time that both the 'two games' bit and Sherwood's 'not my players' things sounded a bit too detailed to be completely fictional, but I must admit, the timing of the two games one had passed me by.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2015, 11:47:24 PM »
The only mind that needs to focus is that of RL. Trouble is he's preoccupied by shiny baubles, pretty girls and helicopters.

This is satire.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2015, 12:30:00 AM »
We all bloody care!

Course we do! So do the fans who call themselves the supporters trust. I dont question that for a second. I just dont see why we should pay more attention to them than any other bunch of fans.

Isn't it more about opportunity?  anyone can start a pressure group whereas the supporter's trust have built a relationship with the club (even if contrary to the status quo) and have started a meritocratic system for representation.  To start anything again would be counter productive, surely?

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 12:51:55 AM »
We all bloody care!

Course we do! So do the fans who call themselves the supporters trust. I dont question that for a second. I just dont see why we should pay more attention to them than any other bunch of fans.

Isn't it more about opportunity?  anyone can start a pressure group whereas the supporter's trust have built a relationship with the club (even if contrary to the status quo) and have started a meritocratic system for representation.  To start anything again would be counter productive, surely?

Fair do's. I was being a miserable bastard showing his anarchist streak again :)

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 07:38:42 AM »
Be interesting if the club makes its own statement on current affairs, but I doubt they will. About time Lerner properly addressed his paying customers for the first time in nearly 10 years. He's never engaged at all with the supporters which I find odd.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2015, 08:26:36 AM »
We all bloody care!

Fair do's. I was being a miserable bastard showing his anarchist streak again :)

We anarchists band together in time of mutaul need ciggies mate ;-)

Online simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2015, 09:25:37 AM »
it's the speaking with a single clear voice of [some perceived] authority rather than the general background noise of "pissed off-ness" isnt it?

Having been a part of a very vocal group of my profession against Governmental cuts and restructuring you do attract the authority of being a collective [we became the main focal voice of the profession as opposed to our trade body]  although, when the Government ploughed on regardless we managed to attract the brickbats of "outraged members" - never quite sure why it was our fault and not that of those in power making decisions...

The more focused criticism on the problems [both real and percieived] in the club the better. We long passed being a laughing stock and as a club have descended into a comedy that writes itself. We have done for a long time now. I despair of the way its run and the objectives it appears to have.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2015, 03:16:57 PM »
As far as the infighting goes, I think the powers that be at VP could have nipped all the speculation in the bud. I mean, a vote of confidence would have gone a long way. Getting the General out in his wheelchair when I believe he severed his ties with the club is not the way to go. Fox or Learner should be making a statement or a decision. Doing nothing is disrespectful to all involved.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal