collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Supporters Trust Statement - 20/10/15  (Read 7592 times)

Offline TheWarlock

Supporters Trust Statement - 20/10/15
« on: October 20, 2015, 08:02:41 PM »
Didnt see it posted and wouldnt allow me to add a link - thoughts?

AVST Statement – October 20th 2015

The AVST feels it is important to comment on some of the recent goings on at Villa Park.  A dreadful start to the season sees us yet again faced with a relegation battle and the club starting to be cut adrift in the relegation places.

Regardless of our individual views on who should be held accountable for the position we find ourselves in, the AVST wishes to remind those involved at all levels of the club that their first duty is to our loyal supporters.  To provide them with a team they can be proud of and to show the ambition that a club of our stature deserves.

For two weeks now there have been stories leaking out of Villa Park, seemingly from both the manager and the club, and the AVST demand that this is brought to an end.  Pantomime season does not start for another two months.

It seems there is a clear decision to be made and this should be at the forefront of the minds of our board.  Do they believe Tim Sherwood is the man to take us forwards and do they believe it is appropriate for him to do so?  If the answer is yes to both, then they need to publicly back their man and ensure that everyone starts pulling in the same direction to get us out of the mess we find ourselves in again.

If not, then this cannot be allowed to fester.  An immediate change needs to be made in order that a replacement manager can have the maximum amount of time to arrest our slump.

We have had enough of the infighting.  It is time for the club to take decisive action, one way or another.

AVST

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: Supporters Trust Statement - 20/10/15
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 08:06:10 PM »
Whilst I wholeheartedly agree I'd like to challenge where the club have been leaking information? The only leaks I've seen or read have quite clearly come from the Manager. Can I be enlightened if I've got that wrong?

Offline Nelson Lodge

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 08:17:50 PM »
Agree with the sentiment of the statement. The issue of the Manager needs to be resolved asap. This uncertainty must NOT be allowed to drag on.

I would also like to know what leaks the club has made, so that we may compare them to what the manager and his friends may have or may not have leaked. Transparency please.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 08:25:25 PM »
I do not care what the self appointed "trust" says. I want Sherwood gone as well but I dont need them to pop up with a pompous little statement. Fans are perfectly capable of expressing themselves without them.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 08:26:21 PM »
What infighting?

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 08:38:22 PM »
There isn't any infighting though is there?

We think there is, but there is no evidence. The club haven't actually make any official statements or remarks.

We, as outsiders, see press stories and put 2 & 2 together, make 73, and think there is all sorts of shenanigans going on.

There probably is, but AVST, can't really make statements like this as if it is fact.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 08:53:56 PM »
I do not care what the self appointed "trust" says. I want Sherwood gone as well but I dont need them to pop up with a pompous little statement. Fans are perfectly capable of expressing themselves without them.

Really?

This self appointed trust you speak of were elected by members & it is their role to hold the club and its employees to account on behalf of supporters....the pompous little statement asks everyone to behave with the dignity and decorum we expect of our club...what on earth is wrong with that? 

In the stands we can cheer, jeer, boo & scream 'Sherwood out' as much as we want - the reality is those at the top will decide what they want when they want & asking them to do it correctly without embarrassing us further is the bare minimum.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 09:03:28 PM »

Really?

This self appointed trust you speak of were elected by members & it is their role to hold the club and its employees to account on behalf of supporters....the pompous little statement asks everyone to behave with the dignity and decorum we expect of our club...what on earth is wrong with that? 

In the stands we can cheer, jeer, boo & scream 'Sherwood out' as much as we want - the reality is those at the top will decide what they want when they want & asking them to do it correctly without embarrassing us further is the bare minimum.

It is most assuredly not their role.

I would sooner hear what Brigada or Dave or you and other fans have to say. Its all equally representative and valid. The bunch of fans who label themselves the trust are just that. Its something some fans want to do. Thats fine, lets not start giving them any kind of status above other fans though, they do not have any.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 09:05:35 PM »

Really?

I would sooner hear what Brigada or Dave or you and other fans have to say. Its all equally representative and valid. The bunch of fans who label themselves the trust are just that. Its something some fans want to do. Thats fine, lets not start giving them any kind of status above other fans though, they do not have any.

Honestly what's the big deal? And what's so special about Brigada?

Offline ciggiesnbeer

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 09:07:43 PM »

Really?

Nothing, just a bunch of fans who care. Kind of my point.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 09:08:43 PM »

Really?

Nothing, just a bunch of fans who care. Kind of my point.

We all bloody care!

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 09:13:54 PM »
The Trust have got a lot more right to make a statement than me or anyone else, whether you agree with it or not. They are the only democratic body of Villa supporters, anyone can join them and stand for office. They are also the only group who have met with the board and senior management both before and since Randy took over.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 09:14:31 PM »
We all bloody care!

Course we do! So do the fans who call themselves the supporters trust. I dont question that for a second. I just dont see why we should pay more attention to them than any other bunch of fans.

Offline Gareth

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2015, 09:23:02 PM »

Really?

Not sure anyone is giving the trust status above others but what the trust does have is a membership list that shows that they are an elected representative body of a group of fans (membership is optional - not got a clue how many members)....& via this they have access to a voice with the club and will have a certain credence with the media.

20,000 of us could email Tom Fox, call the switchboard demanding Sherwood is given the boot & it will make no difference.  If the trust statement and the fuss made by Collymore etc draws an official line out of the club all the better and be it back or sack we will all know where the club stands.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 09:45:28 PM »
I don't really see any infighting as such more a case of a manager getting his excuses in using his pals in the media and deflecting all blame from himself. The best way to stop any perceived 'infighting' is to get rid of Sherwood as quickly as possible.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal